Cancellation policies.

Clients: if you make an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer to pay a cancellation fee... even if the provider doesn't have a cancellation policy in place. She has been inconvenienced and her livelihood affected, and it's common courtesy to be cognoscente of that.

Providers: if you book an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer the client a significant credit towards a re-booking, and follow through with it.... even if he doesn't make a big fuss, he has been inconvenienced. It's common courtesy and what a responsible business person does.

Having respect for one another in this industry will go a long way, for both provider and clients. It's very unfortunate that so many people in this industry think nothing of giving the other side the run around, without a second thought, and it's something I would like to see change.

Clients: paying a cancellation fee is not a punishment, it's the right thing to do.

Providers: giving a client a significant discount if you've inconvenience him is not a punishment, it's the right thing to do.

If cancellation policies are needed to bring this issue to the forefront, then so be it.

Always,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX
that does seem reasonable, but both sides would need a cancellation fee timeline.
"if you cancel w/in x days or x hours of our appt, then ...."
otherwise, we're back to "he said, she said..."

i'd say - give a fee or a credit if you feel it's appropriate.
and if you want to up your probability of not getting your bridge burned.
I'll just be at the bar having a beer, nurse.
I kid, I kid. Originally Posted by enticeMe
And I'll be at my neighbor's dinner party getting tipsy on vino xoxo. What a night! Lol.
  • BLM69
  • 06-03-2013, 03:16 PM
LickHer;1052981663][SIZE="5"]Then I fully expect a NO SHOW fee to be collected from any provider that is a No Show... That will never happen

Any talk of fees for cancellation of a session from either party is just plain silly.
I agree, If a client doesn't show up for a appointment, Blacklist him from seeing you again and move on.

Ernest money Thanks for the humor thn
Clients: if you make an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer to pay a cancellation fee... even if the provider doesn't have a cancellation policy in place. She has been inconvenienced and her livelihood affected, and it's common courtesy to be cognoscente of that. Originally Posted by GinaXXX
Agreed. Although, of course, an offer to pay may easily become a cop out, a way to make yourself feel better without any real sacrifice. Given the prevalent attitude expressed here and elsewhere by clients, many ladies -- even if they feel a cancellation fee would be appropriate -- may feel compelled to decline such an offer to avoid getting a reputation as "a greedy, all about the money *****." They're under more pressure to "not make a big fuss" than clients are.

The right thing to do may be, rather than offering to pay, seeing her again and sticking that cancellation fee in the envelope with the donation for the session. And, in determining what would be an appropriate amount, try to put yourself in her shoes. Even a sizeable amount may hurt you less than the lost income from the missed appointment hurt her.

Providers: if you book an appointment and have to cancel at the last minute, the right thing to do is offer the client a significant credit towards a re-booking, and follow through with it.... even if he doesn't make a big fuss, he has been inconvenienced. It's common courtesy and what a responsible business person does.
From comments here, one would think such offers are practically non-existent. I didn't receive such credits for every last minute cancellation -- but I did several times, some very substantial. Many of the ladies here do show respect to their clients. If I were to guess, I'd guess they do something like that (or more time) more often than clients volunteer a cancellation fee.
Cancellations suck, but are an inevitable part of this business. It annoys me to no end when I see alerts posted, not for bad behavior... not for NCNS... but for cancellations. REALLY?!?