KC BBQ

Gotta give a shout out to KCK’s finest, SLAPS! That place will not disappoint. I know it’s bedn mentioned on the thread already, but sounds like more than a few haven’t ventured out to try it..their main sauce is hate it or love it..I LOVE it! Awesome burnt ends and flavorful meats. Only downer for me is their fries, but hey we are talking BBQ, so that’s a minor deal! Give it a try! I trust you will thoroughly enjoy it!
The best ribs and definitely the best beans I've had are from a little place called K&M BBQ down in Spring Hill but that's way out of the way. I do like their sauce as well.
Jack Stack!!!
I love Their Lamb Ribs (yes Yummmy) Originally Posted by Savannah Moon
Woodyard is great but their lamb was the best, too bad they quit serving it. When I asked, they said that they didn't have much call for lamb. Originally Posted by Karl Childers
If you like lamb ribs, you should try RJ's Bob-B-Que in Mission. They also have my favorite barbecue wings (although Char Bar does them well too), and a great cheesy corn if that's your thing.
RJ's Bob-B-Que in Mission. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
This place is genuinely good, and doesn't get nearly enough attention.
There's nothing wrong with any Jackstack location they all crush the field in KC!
Originally Posted by Chrome 1
The one in Martin City has some good food. I have tried the lamb there, and it was great. The Jackstack off of Medcalf, about 96th street, is awful! Visited 4 times and quit. Everything was overcooked like leather. The one time I tried the lamb is tasted like tough old goat.

I like a little tender lamb. un hu!
What’s wrong with the plaza location of Jack Stack? Originally Posted by RRaider
The quality is not as good as the Frieghthouse, Martin City, or Lee’s Summit locations.
This place is genuinely good, and doesn't get nearly enough attention. Originally Posted by Saint Expedite

one of my favs! the new blind box bbq is great too. just had their burnt ends before the Taylor swift concert. it was brilliant!
Gotta give a shout out to KCK’s finest, SLAPS! That place will not disappoint. Originally Posted by jjenkc
Agree, and I've hired them to cater business client things when I'm over that way.