Congrats Emmitt Smith, Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Oh, I am offering empirical proof, like I said, go look at Troys individual numbers. He's like 20th.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...reer.htm?redir

Irvin is 17th. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._yards_leaders

The HOF is the best of the best. Not the 23rd and 17th at their position. That OL was the best of the best.

Look at Norvs success elsewhere. You are making my point for me. It was the players.

Other links: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2.../rankings/1-20 Originally Posted by gnadfly
Where does Danny White rank? I want empirical proof on that too... come one man... you are stretching and the rubber band popped after saying that Danny White is a better QB than Troy....
I didn't say I had empirical proof that Danny White was better than Troy. I have empirical proof that Aikman doesn't deserve the HOF. I don't think Danny deserves the HOF either.

Like I stated before, when they changed the rules to were the DBs could only touch the offensive receivers once in the first 5 yards and then they started to enforce "incidental" contact penalties, the QB numbers shot up (and so did Rs). Aikman did not keep up, nor was he a dominant QB in the league. The Cowboys were dominant (mainly because of the O and D lines), he wasn't.
He ended his career as the Cowboys' all-time leading passer (32,942 yards). 90 of his 94 career wins were in the 1990s and were the most by any quarterback in any decade until Peyton Manning surpassed him in the 2000s with 115 wins. This makes Aikman 3rd on time on that list (Tom Brady is second with 97).[3][10]

Danny White a better QB than Troy Aikman??? Come on now...

sixx
Originally Posted by sixxbach
Gnadfly, YOU said Danny White is a better QB....... that is what you said....... now back it up with proof. I even think Danny White would disagree with you!
20th but how many division titles, conference titles and superbowls and mvps did those other guys win?

how can you rank OL, there are no real stats to rank them?

Norv has had success outside of Dallas and had elevated Philip Rivers play, so I guess youre wrong again dude! Originally Posted by TexRich
Which other guys?

That's your comeback? There are no real stats to rank them? Well, its better than your 'celebrated' argument.

Norv Turner is a good coach but has not duplicated his success in Dallas. Came close a couple of years ago with SD, basically 15 years after Dallas. Why? No group of players like in Dallas. You pointing to Phillip Rivers basically concedes this. You forgot to mention LT2.

Why aren't you harping for Trent Dilfer for HOF? He was a SB champ and a first round pick!

Nope, only one of the Triplets deserve the HOF. The HOF players on that team were on the Offensive Line (along with Moose and Novacek). Aikman's and Irvin's induction is a sham.

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/Article:...es_Of_All-Time

Dallas Cowboys-Mark Stepnoski, Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Erik Williams, Larry Allen…1992-96…As a unit they combined for 30 Pro Bowls, three Super Bowl wins, and they paved the road for arguably the best running back in league history. Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, and Michael Irvin are all HOF players, with Smith still to receive the inevitable bronze bust, and the flash behind the Cowboys’ Super Bowl tear. But their success was predicated on an offensive line that destroyed opposing defenses. Larry Allen may eventually wind up in the Hall and Williams was the best right tackle of his era. Newton was the affable funny man, Tuinei the scholar, and Stepnoski the rock. Together they were the best such unit of their, or perhaps any, era.
Gnadfly, YOU said Danny White is a better QB....... that is what you said....... now back it up with proof. I even think Danny White would disagree with you! Originally Posted by sixxbach
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Are you Danny White?
Yes. Danny White a better QB than Troy. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Back it up. You have not. That is an opinion. There are stats that back up that Troy is a better QB.

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Are you Danny White? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Obviously you have a lack of comprehension of people's abilities to make such an asinine comment with saying Danny is better than Troy... please....

sixx
Nope, you have a the reading comprehension problem. I already stated that after they changed the pass interference rules and the enforcement of those rules the QB stats blew up. Danny White vs Troy Aikman is an example of that. You aren't going to be able to compare the career stats of Ken Anderson v Carson Palmer, or Phil Simms v Eli Manning, etc

The only thing you can use to 'back' your position is team accomplishments. BTW, who passed for more yards in a single regular season: White, Staubach or Aikman?
2) Troy Aikman (1989-2000) Drafted 1st overall in the 1989 NFL Draft, Aikman would go on to lose the first 11 games he started as a rookie for Dallas. Once the learning process was over, Aikman would guide the Cowboys to thr
ee Super Bowl wins (1992, 1993 and 1995 seasons). A highly accurate passer who completed 61.5% of his regular season passes, Aikman is the holder of virtually all the Cowboy's career passing records, including yards passing (32,942), touchdowns (165), and completions (2,898). A six time Pro Bowler (1991-1996), Troy added 3,894 yards and 24 touchdowns in the postseason. Like Staubach before him, Aikman won his share of games for Dallas (94 regular season victories; 11 in the post season). The MVP of the Super Bowl in 1992, Aikman was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006.
(3) Danny White (1976-1988)
Four losses in the NFC Conference Championships prevented Danny White from joining the ranks of Staubach and Aikman as a Super Bowl quarterback. Still, White led Dallas to 8 post season victories in 13 games, and added 62 regular season wins in 92 starts. Playing in a combine 166 games for Dallas, White would go on to throw for 21,959 yards and 155 touchdowns for the Cowboys. Selected for the 1982 Pro Bowl game, the versatile White doubled as the Cowboy punter for most of his career in Dallas, punting 610 times for a 40.2 career average.

Case closed
I just love all these WHAT IFs. IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass everytime he jumped.

And Lazrus you are correct as I pointed out in my post Jim Brown averaged 5.2 yds/carry as opposed to 4.2 for Emmit and Emmit ran behind that AWESOME FUCKING OL that everyone keeps talking about.

NUF SAID.
I guess Jim Brown would've had 9 yards a carry behind Dallas' OL, who were a bunch of nobodies before Emmitt came along.

What if Joe Montana played in a Run N Shoot?
What if Elway had stayed with the Colts (the team that drafted his whiny ass)??

All these 'what if's are silly.

And Brown was bigger than half the defenders in the league. What if he'd played against LT, Reggie White, Warren Sapp, Ronnie Lott, etc?

What's so hard about giving Emmitt credit without minimizing it with a bunch of what if's.
2) Troy Aikman (1989-2000) Drafted 1st overall in the 1989 NFL Draft, Aikman would go on to lose the first 11 games he started as a rookie for Dallas. Once the learning process was over, Aikman would guide the Cowboys to thr
ee Super Bowl wins (1992, 1993 and 1995 seasons). A highly accurate passer who completed 61.5% of his regular season passes, Aikman is the holder of virtually all the Cowboy's career passing records, including yards passing (32,942), touchdowns (165), and completions (2,898). A six time Pro Bowler (1991-1996), Troy added 3,894 yards and 24 touchdowns in the postseason. Like Staubach before him, Aikman won his share of games for Dallas (94 regular season victories; 11 in the post season). The MVP of the Super Bowl in 1992, Aikman was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006.
(3) Danny White (1976-1988)
Four losses in the NFC Conference Championships prevented Danny White from joining the ranks of Staubach and Aikman as a Super Bowl quarterback. Still, White led Dallas to 8 post season victories in 13 games, and added 62 regular season wins in 92 starts. Playing in a combine 166 games for Dallas, White would go on to throw for 21,959 yards and 155 touchdowns for the Cowboys. Selected for the 1982 Pro Bowl game, the versatile White doubled as the Cowboy punter for most of his career in Dallas, punting 610 times for a 40.2 career average.

Case closed Originally Posted by sixxbach
Case not closed. I said you can't compare career stats from players from different eras. Also, throughout Troy's career, he had a better offensive line, that's the reason for my whole line of posting in this thread. The last 4 or so years of Danny's career was filled with Gil Brandt draft busts and a befuddled Tom Landry.

Best Single Season Yd Completion
Danny White (1983) 3,980 yd pass
Roger Staubach (1979) 3,586 yd pass
Troy Aikman (1992) 3,445 yd pass

Yes, Danny White was a better QB than Troy.

Now Roger's career yds passing is 22700 and had 153 TD, which BARELY surpasses Danny's. Is Roger a better QB? Yes, by far. He had better numbers compared to his peers, was the dominant QB of his era and could seemingly take over a game singlehandedly. Troy was not any of these things.

Again, you can't compare career stats from different eras. The Dallas Cowboy offensive line during Troys was the best offensive line in the history of the league and they belong in the HOF, not Troy or Irvin.

BTW, Roger was drafted in the 10th round. Kurt Warner was undrafted, Joe Montana was draft in the 3rd round, Johnny U. in the 9th round...

Finally, show me a link where Danny White says Aikman was a better QB than him.
Walter Payton...forever.
Congrats to Emmitt Smith! Luv me some Cowboys!