the Texas Rangers and Cole Hamels... any Playoff Chance This Year?

Watched the Astros stagger like punch-drunk boxers into their dugout last night (late innings)......I believe you could see that "deer in the headlights" look about them once the sweep was completed. September Baseball looks like it's taking a toll on this group of young men.

On the flipside, the Rangers are feelin' it, right? And is anyone hotter at the plate right now than Choo? Acquiring him and Prince last year may pay off after all....

Not to put the cart before the horse, but it'll really be cool watching Hammels, Holland and Lewis pitch a few playoff games, right? Let alone (should I say it) the WS?
The Napoli experiment is paying off major dividends right now. Nap is just comfortable here in Texas. His bat has come alive. Love to see it. That guy is my gay man crush. Love his attitude. Originally Posted by Boltfan
I'm pleased we picked him up, but I get a queasy feeling when he's out in left field..
Watched the Astros stagger like punch-drunk boxers into their dugout last night (late innings)......I believe you could see that "deer in the headlights" look about them once the sweep was completed. September Baseball looks like it's taking a toll on this group of young men.

On the flipside, the Rangers are feelin' it, right? And is anyone hotter at the plate right now than Choo? Acquiring him and Prince last year may pay off after all....

Not to put the cart before the horse, but it'll really be cool watching Hammels, Holland and Lewis pitch a few playoff games, right? Let alone (should I say it) the WS? Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
It isn't just baseball beer goggles. National pundits state the Rangers would be projected to have the best playoff rotation of any team currently in the running.
I'm pleased we picked him up, but I get a queasy feeling when he's out in left field.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
His bat does need to be in the lineup and he could not play anywhere else. DeShields will cover all the area that he can in the outfield and Andrus will get what he can in shallow left, surely Nap will not call off either one! I will bet that next season, Nap will not be here because he will not take that cut in pay and Moreland is a better hitter and first basemen, and Prince is our DH. I think Hamilton will assume the everyday LF job.

There is no clue what they are going to do with L. Martin when he comes back as DeShields is younger, faster and a better hitter. As far as the rotation goes next year, with Darvish coming back, I think Gallardo will be the casualty. The bullpen has been shored up as well. The infield is set and I really like the catcher rotation to keep each man fresh.

All of the core players are under contract for the next few years so this team, barring injury, will be solid for years to come.
Well screw me this team did have a heart now if they can hang on for 16 games.
The lack of heart is on the DL, let's hope Hamilton stays there ...
The lack of heart is on the DL, let's hope Hamilton stays there ... Originally Posted by pyramider
The Angels are paying his salary and he has won at least a couple of games with his walk off hits and HRs since his return.

If the Rangers win the division, I think Bannister deserves manager of the year.
Definitely not YMMV with tonight's win. 7 IP , 1 run.
  • Uncas
  • 09-23-2015, 10:11 AM
perhaps i was wrong Chung...
I'm pleased we picked him up, but I get a queasy feeling when he's out in left field.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
And that was confirmed last night when he misplays a ball hit by Oakland Athletics' Josh Reddick during the fifth inning. Napoli received an error on the play, and Oakland scored a run.
Rangers sweep the Swingin' A's and extend their lead to 3.5 over Houston......and head to H-town for a weekend series starting tonight....

Time to step on the throats and bury the Astros. Let's Go, Rangers!
And that was confirmed last night when he misplays a ball hit by Oakland Athletics' Josh Reddick during the fifth inning. Napoli received an error on the play, and Oakland scored a run. Originally Posted by davidfree986
if Napoli misplays a ball, and it goes for a double or two-base error, that is the same as taking an at-bat from Napoli, and changing his own double into a strike-out.. I'm not sure the risk-reward is in the Rangers' favor.. I would think Moreland is better in left field, with Napoli at first?
Rangers sweep the Swingin' A's and extend their lead to 3.5 over Houston......and head to H-town for a weekend series starting tonight....

Time to step on the throats and bury the Astros. Let's Go, Rangers! Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I think one win in Houston this weekend seals the deal..
perhaps i was wrong Chung... Originally Posted by Uncas
perhaps the Rangers are trying to make you right, Uncas.. 3 losses in a row, they suddenly look like they are afraid to win.. still hanging on to first place, but they appear eager to give it away to the first team that asks..
They nutted up tonight. And Houston is now in 3rd place...
  • broes
  • 09-30-2015, 12:58 AM
It isn't just baseball beer goggles. National pundits state the Rangers would be projected to have the best playoff rotation of any team currently in the running. Originally Posted by Boltfan
National pundits are dipshits. The Dodgers have Kershaw and Greinke. Two aces.