1st Time Gun Buyer

I love Glocks. Balanced, relatively lightweight, smooth action, accurate and dependable.
What's not to like? Recently bought a Model 40.
I like the Taurus Judge as well. That is the one that sleeps next to me.
That is HORRIBLE advice. You are basically advising an inexpierenced / non-shooter to manipulate a weapon with one hand. Not to mention it a extremely easy to outfit any number of weapon lights and other accessories to a home defense shotgun. Originally Posted by Chaataca
How easy is it to reload a shotgun?

How easy is it to reload a Glock, FN, S&W M&P, SA, CZ, Walther, etc?

I have a Glock 21 with 14 rds, and 2 loaded extra mags in my nightstand drawer.
I just came all over myself. Best. Thread. Ever.
  • hd
  • 02-17-2016, 05:20 PM
LK, I'll let you play with my little single shot pellet gun. It's very safe, I use a small load that barely gets out the end of the barrel when it shoots! But it's lot's of fun.

I sleep with it.
  • motor
  • 02-17-2016, 06:28 PM
I agree 100% with everyone telling you to go to a range that offers rentals. At the end of the day pick what you like and what feels the best. For self protection, use frangible or hollow points. When I go to the range I use cheap full metal jackets and once I am done i put the hollow points back in. Good Luck.

also try reynoldssalestx.com usually has some nice prices
thanks everyone!!
  • MRMR
  • 02-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Agree on Bullet Trap.
Went take my CHL and have a Beretta but the two other Guys were taking in Springfield's and swore by them. Rented a Springfield and now an owner of a Springfield.
As a few people mentioned, never hurts to own a few as well.
Good Luck in your search but do take a safety course or get a CHL.
Good advice here. A short barreled defensive shotgun is cheap and holds 5 rounds. Why reload? After 5 shots, the threat should be neutralized.

Get some training regardless of what you do. You will learn a lot and it may influence your decision on what to buy.
357 magnum. If you want it to be a carry conceal gun, then get the snub nose version. But the 12 gauge shotgun is the best home security weapon to have. Just point and pull the trigger or point at the air and scare them off from the sound of the blast.
[QUOTE=LargeBreastFan;105781201 1]I WOULD NOT use a shotgun for home self-defense.

Yes it can be deadly but you also have to use two hands to operate. I would rather have a free hand for a flashlight or a cell phone.[QUOTE]

Spoken like a true city slicker. What is this? A tornado home invasion???
You can listen to VP Joe Biteme,

I'll listen to Mas Ayoob, Jerry Ahern, Richard Mann, Clint Smith, Jeff Cooper, Jim Wilson, etal
My AR15 is built so using two hands and a flashlight are easy. Right hand at trigger and left hand can hold on to the gun and a flick of the finger turns on the flashlight. Or the green laser....
Problem with a flashlight is that the intruder, if armed, knows where you are and where to shoot!
Plus one for shotgun. Get a flashlight mount and your good to go. Most people have never shot a weapon in a hurry or if they are in a situation.
Your adrenaline is pumping ect ect.
Get the shot gun point and shoot.
Even if your off a few inches you will have their attention.
2 inches off with a gun is a miss.
GOT IT GET IT GOOD
It really depends upon your budget, and what you plan to use it for. I keep a Benelli shotgun, for home defense. My carry pistol though, is a Wilson Combat Supergrade. Or in warm weather, a Bill Wilson carry pistol.
Bullet Trap and Frisco Gun Club both offer an into to handguns class that will allow you to test fire an assortment of handguns. Groupon offers the classes for cheap.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/bullet-trap-inc-3

https://www.groupon.com/deals/frisco...lub-fort-worth