The Great Ronald Reagan or was he.....?

Who gives a rats ass.

Lets focus on who is in office now.

Jesus people, lets bring Jimmy Carter in this and every other fucking president

Lets blame Bush and Taco Bell for Christ sake.
It was passed as the affordable care act the wingers have dubbed it Obama care. He got credit for a bill passed by both houses.
It was passed as the affordable care act the wingers have dubbed it Obama care. He got credit for a bill passed by both houses. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
With ONLY Democrat votes.
So?
  • CJ7
  • 10-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Who gives a rats ass.

Lets blame Bush and Taco Bell for Christ sake. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
yes lets focus who is in office, Congressional office

the Republicans, yanno the guys that want to deny 30 million people health insurance so they can get sick and die .... aka the Death Panel
  • Old-T
  • 10-01-2013, 02:39 PM
His military spending hastened it, but did not cause it. The fall of the Soviet structure was in significant part due to their economic inflexibility, but the real disease that ate them from the inside was demographics. Read some of the 1970s & 80s articles in Moscow Statistica (amazing what was allowed in open media). A society that was eminently racist--that only trusted ethnic Slavic peoples to be in charge of the critical positions and decision structure--needs to keep a large enough Slavic base. But the Asiatic, non-Slavic peoples were becoming "too numerous". The numbers were cracking--and would have eventually split open--the "Soviet" model, which was never anything other than an ethnic driven "Slavic supremacy" structure.

It will be very interesting to observe how the US deals with the European decedents becoming a smaller fraction of the US population. How will power shift? Right now it seems to be happening more smoothly at the working level, though not as quickly as it should. That is not the case all the way up the economic ladder, and much of the RWW agenda in politics is really based on denial of the numbers game.

In the end, numbers ALWAYS win out. Originally Posted by Old-T
Seeking to explain the decline of "empires" based on "demographics" is risky business in and of itself, and subjects one to being identified as a racist, because it requires a comparison of cultural differences as they relate to social changes impacting, if not affecting, on a given society's economic welfare and political strength. Makes interesting talk over bad tea, but can be the source of retaliation. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I think you miss my point. I did not imply the Soviet structure fell because Slaves are inherently better or worse than any other groups of people. But the Slavic leaders starting early in the USSR only really trusted other slavs to be in leadership positions--military, party, economic. If you have a large enough pool of slavs to select carefully from then they could find people who were all three: Slav, intelligent, and loyal enough to the party. Coupled with an extremely centralized decision/planning process this was a very difficult system to maintain. As the percentage of slavs dropped, they faced a difficult choice (for them): trust non-slavs, trust people not fully loyal to the party, or select people who were not really capable. None of those were good choices, and any would have led to serious internal breakdowns. No judgment on my part that the Slavic centric world view was right or wrong--for demographic survival purposes it only matters that the Slavis communist party leaders were very afraid/unwilling to trust non-Slavic peoples in key positions. If it was any other racial group who only trusted its own--and was shrinking in proportion--the same would be true. It is not Slavic specific.

The only point of comparison I was trying to make is to how we will adopt our leadership structures as the percentage of white males shrinks. If we find ways to share leadership better than the Soviets did, we can continue to prosper. If we do not find reasonable ways to transition to a more diverse leadership pool--so don't have to trade down competency for ethnicity--then we have the chance to prosper.

It really is all about the demographics in that sense.
Who gives a rats ass.

Lets blame Bush and Taco Bell for Christ sake. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
While we're at it, let's forget all of history and throw out our personal experiences as well.

Brilliant!!!