What does a provider do when she is trying to drum up quick business?

A log time ago I had a provider friend that would occasionally contact me when business was slow. She liked me, and I'm an easy lay, so in her mind it wasn't much wear & tear. And since her calls were at random, I got her "grandfather" rate.

Gins has tried on a couple of occasions to create shirt notice ad forums. IIRC, they either didn't catch on, or were abused.
When I'm trying to drum up business, I just go out to the street, hike my skirt up, stick a leg out, and hope for the best!

(I used to have a cardboard sign, but someone stole it.)

When neither of those methods work, I just send out a few PM's with some sort of special for my favorite friends. Originally Posted by Dannie

That made me giggle!

I usually will advertise a special or contact a few "VIP clients" and offer them something amazing!!
BP is a great tool because of the amount of traffic it gets so I will generally put up a regular and sponser ad on there.
P411 is great in the fact that you can change your ad anytime.
Then I may go through my email folder and contact clients whom I haven't played with for awhile. That is not always great for immediate appointments but definatly is good for securing future appointments.
Really? That's strange. Do you girls have to pay extra to post in the "Weekend Warriors" section? I'm serious, I didn't know. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
for other posts that have suggested a new forum be added - it has been said that money be offered to the owners.

and btw - NO - i don't hardly ever post an ad.

but the owners do want hookers on their site.

so i'm guessing that is why there is the basic weekend and weekly ad section, just like there was on the P.

ya know?

but look how fast the ads fly by in either section.
look how fast reviews fly by.

it's almost sickening what kind of bullshit you have to sift through just to see ANYTHING legit in any of those sections. (which is one of the reasons I don't even want to bother posting anything in there. one of many though.)
BP seems like a bad option to me...zero quality control. P411 seems like the better option. In fact, I find myself with some free time this afternoon, and as Kami has not taken the bait as of yet, I am perusing the P411 ads as we speak looking for a potential martini partner in Arlington. Originally Posted by TinMan
There's always quality control, TinMan. It's called screening.

But I understand what you're getting at. Considering the hypotheticals, this lady is not email only and would most likely receive a brash of random calls that would detract from the quality of her potential suitors.

P411 to me is always the better answer.

When I'm trying to drum up business, I just go out to the street, hike my skirt up, stick a leg out, and hope for the best!

(I used to have a cardboard sign, but someone stole it.)
Originally Posted by Dannie
Get it bitch!

You are so silly...
My regulars just call. If the price is right I'm on my way.
I always feel weird about sending out a text or pm even with a special. I guess, I just assume if a gentleman wanted to see me, he would ask.
I have done it before with great results, but the initial act of it...makes me feel uneasy.
So when I am bored, I just sit and twiddle my thumbs until someone texts or emails. Pathetic huh? Originally Posted by Reese Foster
I'm with you Reese I feel the same way Originally Posted by Selena51
I kind of think a text message is a bit too forward, but a PM or email offering a special is not as intrusive to me.

The big thing would be how well you know the hobbyist. Have you seen him before? Have you seen him multiple times? Has he tried to schedule with you and your schedules just never could align? Perhaps knowing you were available, an even offering a small discount, might be enough to complete the hookup.

I had a pretty tight relationship with Rumor when she was around. Occassionally she would drop me a email with an offer, or an IM on yahoo. She didn't like chat, so we never used that forum, but that is another resource.

A cold contact in most cases would turn me off. If I haven't ever contacted you or flirted with you before, then I probably have little interest in meeting you. But for old friends (I know, at my age, I am an old friend to anyone & everyone), I would say no problem.

Reese, I don't play much, but a note from you would never feel intrusive, even if I couldn't take advantage of you, oops, it. I think most guys would agree to that comment regarding you or Selena.
Just like some have already said, P411 is the safest and quickest.
A log time ago I had a provider friend that would occasionally contact me when business was slow. She liked me, and I'm an easy lay, so in her mind it wasn't much wear & tear. Originally Posted by Dick Willy
I've had a couple of similar situations. My positive responses, however, weren't reactions to blast e-mails, Yahoo! group specials, or short-notice ads. No, my friends-for-an-hour took just a few minutes to e-mail me a personal note telling me that they wanted to see me. Even when you know it's just business, and you're getting the e-mail because she needs some money, and you know that other guys are getting similar e-mails, it's nice to think that she took the time to send a personal solicitation (negative legal denotation not intended). Call me a sucker, but it works on me (when timing and geography allow), and I'm surprised more women don't spend a little time working their repeat clients in this fashion.
Both Sir Lanceherlot and tigercat have nailed my thoughts exactly. There are a few providers that I've seen before who will send me a PM or email informing me of a hole in their schedule and offering to let me fill it (pun intended). They know that if they see me online in the middle of the day, I'm likely open to the invitation. I can be influenced by discounts, but convenience is the most important thing to me. Those that are proactive are usually first in line to get my business.