Getting Tested

Myself, I use my physician every three months when I go in for normal checks and medication refills. Luckily my insurance covers it all. It is also a demand with my job.
  • EZ.
  • 10-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Because of a quad bypass a few years ago, they are drawing my blood at least once every two months. My doctor has it as part of the test. He knows me too well. I was tested late last week.
  • NYr
  • 10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
closed for bumping a thread over 30 days since last post.
  • NYr
  • 10-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Mia Culpa...I thought policy was to close threads if bumped after 30 days.

I reopened....carry on.
I am glad you re-opened it.

I like the Nelson Tobedo clinic, too. My sexcapades are nothing compared to what they see there.

Do not be talked into not testing for STD's in which you have no symptoms. I had to "tell" on the desk clerk for trying to do that. HPV, Herpes, Hep C can often lay dormant with no symptoms. However, you can still transmit them.

There is a population of about 3 - 4 million adults who have hep C and don't know it. Most were born between 45 and 65. They didn't even know about it until 1991 and they did not test the blood supply until 1993; some think it wasn't all properly tested, either. Anyone receiving blood product during a surgery, etc. before the turn of the century might be infected. You wouldn't know you had it unless you got tested as it might not damage your liver for 20, 30 years or even more.

There are new drugs for Hep C and that is why they are advertising it on TV. 12 weeks of pills and a 80-90% cure rate. It used to be a coin flip whether it was a death sentence or not.

Get tested.

Use condoms.

Play smart.
WooHoo!

Another year, in the clear! Waiting over the weekend kind of sucked. But its all good Originally Posted by Agamemnon
I hope you all get tested more often than once a year. Damn. But it depends on how often you party. You ought to be tested once a month if you are really out there having fun.
I hope you all get tested more often than once a year. Damn. But it depends on how often you party. You ought to be tested once a month if you are really out there having fun. Originally Posted by dallaswill
Guys who are begging for quickies at real cheap rates probably don't budget testing in their hobby budget. One of the many reasons I do not believe Eccie is "safer" that any other hooker/john community.
Guys who are begging for quickies at real cheap rates probably don't budget testing in their hobby budget. One of the many reasons I do not believe Eccie is "safer" that any other hooker/john community. Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Roger that.
  • hd
  • 10-28-2014, 01:13 PM
I just returned from doing mine at the planned parenthood location in Mesquite. Other than using my lunch hour, not a big deal and much easier than going to the Dallas County Health services or trying to find their mobile van unit location. Only drawback to planned parenthood was the 175$ for the 4 std checks. Oh, and location is next to Cici's pizza so be aware in case someone you know is eating and see's you walk in/out of the door.

I'll call Friday for results but should be a no-brainer.
It is so great we are talking openly about this! I have been getting tested regularly as long as I have been a provider. I feel like it is an important part of my job to make sure what I am serving is safe for consumption. So far, I have not had anything come up.

Girls, please remember that a blood test is not enough. About half of STDs going around are only detectable in a pap smear. It is more expensive but spring for both at Planned Parenthood.
I was not as smart as I was drunk back in 2011. Lol. Every two months...I'm cute!
  • hd
  • 10-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Well., my results came back neg. as I expected, but you always have that 0.1% of uncertainy that haunts you till you know for sure.

My problem now is that I've had unprotected intercourse since my blood test a few days ago, so now I start to wonder again, what have I done? But my partner is an ATF of mine and I presume exclusively only with me, she is bi though. She likes dick as much as pussy. I've never know her to stray, but it is possible she may have snuck out while I was asleep to rendezvous with someone? Her handle is Rosie Palm and she's my right hand mam'

Point is, many of us, providers and hobbyists have SO's, do a test so you don't fuck the rest of us please. It's a simple process.