Any legit CAR SALESMEN?

Interesting. I had three dealers I had an interest in run my credit report. That's to let them know I can drive their car away or walk away.
It didn't really affect my score. There had been no hits on it for years except stupid credit card companies that want to make me their best offer ever lol. And those don't count
So, the ones that got 14 times... most likely done by amature desk guy.... shotgunning the deal is never the ethical way of doing business, but shit dealers will shotgun for approval for buyers that doesn’t have prime score.

As for Park place, not sure how it was able to get done without SSN. But without given permission... he/she can sue the shit out of them. But then again.... seeing is believing, I hope you have seen the inquiries with your own eyes.

Buy here and pay here method Ian more of hard money loan, they generally do not sell to another investor.

Most dealerships uses Dealtrack or simulator systems with hand full of lenders on hand, because all lenders have different rates and stipulations which is completely normal.
Where do you pay Fair Isaac to send you updates? Is that a new service they offer?

In the past, Fair Isaac only sold their algorithms to credit bureaus and other finance companies. Never to consumers (although consumers could access their score through other companies). They have many different algorithms, so "FICO score" doesn't mean much. FICO Score 9 is their latest and greatest, and is likely what people are referring to when they say "FICO score." Originally Posted by Crock
Many high end credit cards offer free credit monitoring with FICO scores. In reading the terms and conditions it is an actual FICO score not an estinate.
My friend went to one of the Park Place dealerships after seeing a car on their website he was interested in.

He did not fill out anything on the website, he just went to the location the website showed the car is located at.

It was sold. The salesman checked the system and said a similar model was coming in from California next week to their other location.

My friend left his phone # and name. Nothing else. No driver's license #. No date of birth. No social security number.

I was there. I saw him do nothing but leave his phone # and name. He did not fill out any guest card. He did not take a test drive therefore he did not show his driver's license.

The dealership location he went to and the one that was going to get the other car in from California and one of their other location ran a credit check on him based on just his phone # and name.

His credit report showed 3 hard inquiry from Park Place and his credit score dropped 15 points.

So explain to me how were they able to run his credit using just his name and phone # without one or more of the required information to do so: social security #, date of birth and driver's license #?

Another friend of mine went to a Chevy dealership to buy a used suburban. He applied for financing and filled out the required forms and authorization to run his credit.

The dealership submitted his application to the lenders they use.

They ran his credit 14 times: his credit report showed 14 hard pull and his credit score got dinged by 70 points.

Both friends of mine are very smart, very financial savy, they know about credit, they checked their credit before heading to the dealership, they know what their credit scores were before the credit checks was run on them.

So to that member here who called me an ignorant moron and still insists that multiple credit checks: hard pulls from several car financing lenders are considered one hard pull and do not hurt your credit score, you are wrong.

I am speaking from experience and not just based on people who reported on the internet that it happened to them.

Plus you are also saying those people on the internet who posted the comments that it happened to them, all those 1000 of people nationwide, are all wrong and imagining things? Originally Posted by CG2014
1000 people out of millions of reports pulled daily. Yeah, they are likely wrong. You have zero understanding of using logic. You take an infinitesimal sample size and blow it up.

So yes, I called you ignorant because you are ignorant. You are posting misinformation. I am not going to comment on what may or may not have happened with one dealer visit out of the millions that happen daily. It is statistically irrelevant. Focus on the statistical aberration all you like. Oh, and if Park Place ran your friends credit without permission sue them. Dont whine.
I seen both of my friends' credit reports (by the way, they do not know each other).

They showed them to me.

They were both very upset.

One for being hit 14 times and the other for having his credit report ran 3 times, all without his written authorization, both were also upset about their credit score taking 14 hits and 3 hits.
carbuyingtips.com is helpful.
Do your leg work when buying a car.

Don't just buy impulsively without doing your research.

https://www.consumerreports.org/buyi...of-flood-cars/
Sorry, but most of the advice given on this thread is retarded crap. I've been in the car business for over 20 years and the advice given here is way off track. Please ask your questions and lets see if you can get some decent answers.
  • Crock
  • 08-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Many high end credit cards offer free credit monitoring with FICO scores. In reading the terms and conditions it is an actual FICO score not an estinate. Originally Posted by Boltfan
So you don't get updates from FICO?

That's a FICO score, but not the FICO score. Like I said, FICO has a lot of different algorithms. But, to my knowledge, FICO does not send updates out to consumers, nor can consumers pay to see their latest algorithm (FICO SCORE 9).

Those FICO scores that your credit card shows you are likely old algorithms. Useful still, to be sure.

On another note, I don't know what to think about guys that have time to post here so much, and yet still have time to get all up in two different friends' business so much that they've seen their credit reports. And those two friends have weird credit pulls unlike most people. I'm certainly not saying they're lying, but it sure seems weird.
Great advice that you all provided here! One question, these all applies to both new and used cars? Thank you all! Just saw this thread and am in the process/looking to maybe purchasing a used Lexus RX350, model 2014 to 2016. Lots of great advice and thank you all! My fico score is currently around 740 on all three.
Sorry, but most of the advice given on this thread is retarded crap. I've been in the car business for over 20 years and the advice given here is way off track. Please ask your questions and lets see if you can get some decent answers. Originally Posted by xavierz21

Hmm...guess I must have been selling used lawn mowers then...
Go through a credit union and secure financing first. My credit union will only pay 10% over trade in value on a used car. They have made the dealer lower the price on 2 cars I have bought. I thought I was getting a good deal but wasn't, credit union made them give me a good deal. And only one credit pull on your credit report.