Ok-- so its the typical "What restaurant" question... but with a twist....

Haven’t tried Goldie’s yet, but Slowbone and Pecan Lodge get my vote fir best BBQ in Dallas. Never go to the suburbs, so I don’t know about those.
Celebration in Dallas is pretty good.
Many different meat selections such as fish, beef and chicken and the veggies are locally sourced.
It is family style for the sides (get three) and there are several salad options that come with the meal.
You can also get another piece of meat, anything on the menu not just what you ordered for $3.95.
It’s a little bit of a drive, but Mary’s Cafe in Strawn, TX is something special. You will need a nap before you head home.
A "little bit of a drive" would be Granbury or maybe Glen Rose.... Strawn? That's over halfway to Abilene, isn't it?
Yep, and there is a Whataburger around the corner.
  • Crock
  • 04-26-2022, 10:59 AM
A "little bit of a drive" would be Granbury or maybe Glen Rose.... Strawn? That's over halfway to Abilene, isn't it? Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Yes. It's definitely worth a stop if you're driving west, or want to take a day trip and really like chicken fried steak. It's the best I've ever had in a restaurant. Not sure it's reasonable if working in the metroplex, though.

If you're still staying in Fort Worth on I-20, consider Fuego Burger just north of I-20 on 377 in Benbrook. Great little burger dive in a neglected part of town.
If I ever do the westward stroll again-- I may check it out.

Now here's the question about Fuego Burger-- is it better than Del's?
V’s House in North Richland Hills is the best Pho I’ve had in DFW. Super reasonable prices.
  • Crock
  • 05-01-2022, 08:54 AM
Now here's the question about Fuego Burger-- is it better than Del's? Originally Posted by Grace Preston
I haven't had the pleasure of enjoying a burger from Del's, so I couldn't say. Is that in Richardson? I don't often go north or east of Dallas, so I'm not sure I'll ever be able to compare.
Yes-- Richardson... really close to 75
  • Crock
  • 05-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Yes-- Richardson... really close to 75 Originally Posted by Grace Preston
If I'm ever on that side of town during lunch hours I'll give it a try. I guess you didn't get a chance to try Fuego Burger?