Morality in the hobby.... thoughts, questions, experiences??

A sense of what is right and wrong exists in everyone.
Even sociopaths are aware of right and wrong. They just don't care.
Others try to justify their wrong actions with rationalizations. (Sadly, I fit there)

Therefore Acting in a Moral way is not complicated.
It IS at times difficult.

Moral behavior toward one to another is the only thing that keeps any community (even this community) sane and livable.
  • Toyz
  • 03-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Moral behavior toward one to another is the only thing that keeps any community (even this community) sane and livable. Originally Posted by harkontume
Well, that and BBBJs...and Cowgirl....Doggie now and again...and of course, Missionary...but I digress...
Well if you're referencing "The Contender" where Joan Allen's character is being scrutinized for the VP slot, then I can see how this might relate to the hobby. For me, this really has nothing to do with stealing but more about the silent assination of a person's character within the confines of this board. Hell, some of them aren't even silent as one provider - or hobbyist - says negative things about another, respectively and without evidence. There are times that lies and innuendos spread rampantly on this board and without evidence, which give way to character assination by way of tabloid sensationalization. It's like rubber-necking at a car wreck on the highway; we just have to slow down and look. Morals? Well the definition of morality is different for all of us. I guess one man's lies is another man's truth.
  • g1102
  • 03-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Best summed up by see below sit line.
Hobbying is just like real life. There are good seeds and there are bad seeds....good people and bad people. I treat morality issue in the hobby as I would in RW. Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
Do unto others....

It's really quite simple. Done smartly, it's a business. Originally Posted by Zhivago52
No matter what kind of job or business involved, if you do your job correctly then you can earn more money by doing the job than stealing from the client or boss in RW.
I've always had a strong work ethic in RW jobs and the same in this business. If I were to steal from someone that would end up costing me in the long run because I would then have that reputation. But instead, I try to be trustworthy and honest. I treat people with respect and the way that I would like to be treated. Those that have met me know that of me.
You are all working in an open market place and selling the same bananas...eventually there are going to be too may bananas for everyone to eat & therein lies the dilemma Originally Posted by Toyz
Bananas? Why didn't someone tell me this was all about the girls selling bananas? I thought WE had the bananas. Wasn't this all about "you put the lime in the coconut....."?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs

Well, that and BBBJs...and Cowgirl....Doggie now and again...and of course, Missionary...but I digress... Originally Posted by Toyz
Dammit, you for got DATY! I just wasn't sane and livable until I got regular DATY!