Nike salutes Kap’s courage with its 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” campaign.

Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Send that to Nike and their tool Colin Kaepernick. Besides I would like to know what the hell Kaepernick has ever sacrificed. He's too much of a self promoter to sacrifice a dam thing for anyone or anything. Nike should get sued for plagiarizing the Marines

Jim

BUSINESS NEWS
SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 / 7:06 AM / UPDATED 34 MINUTES AGO
Nike shares dip as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott

2 MIN READ

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell nearly 2 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media after it chose Colin Kaepernick as a face for adverts marking the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.

Now the fair and balanced journalist, Tucker Carlson, is calling Nike’s ad am “attack against the country.”

If that wasn’t so pathetic it would be comical.

Tom Brady, an ardent Trump supporter has said he likes the Kaepernick deal.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/04/tom-br...epernick-deal/

Here’s the message: Don’t buy Nikes if you’re pissed off about this.

I’m waiting for other shoe to drop.
Send that to Nike and their tool Colin Kaepernick. Besides I would like to know what the hell Kaepernick has ever sacrificed. He's too much of a self promoter to sacrifice a dam thing for anyone or anything. Nike should get sued for plagiarizing the Marines

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Again, Jim. It isn’t Kaepernick who created this ad campaign. I’m really sorry you can’t see or acknowledge that.

If the NFL allowed him to make a living playing football ... after all, they hire murderers, rapists, domestic abusers, child abusers, tax frauds, thieves and foreigners and nobody soils themselves,

Maybe the Marines will sue Nike. Or maybe ... just maybe ... their ad agency thought about that beforehand. Just maybe.
New Balance has had my business since the 90s. Better arch support.

Again, Jim. It isn’t Kaepernick who created this ad campaign. I’m really sorry you can’t see or acknowledge that.

If the NFL allowed him to make a living playing football ... after all, they hire murderers, rapists, domestic abusers, child abusers, tax frauds, thieves and foreigners and nobody soils themselves,

Maybe the Marines will sue Nike. Or maybe ... just maybe ... their ad agency thought about that beforehand. Just maybe. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
The NFL has no obligation to sign him with any team. If Kaepernick wants to be the voice against Police oppression and brutality in this country well that's what he does. Like I said in an earlier post nothing will change. But Kaepernick isn't worried about that anymore his mission is to get back at the NFL. So he does this cheesy ad that will cost Nike in the long run and make Kaepernick look like an even bigger jerk.

Jim
Companies like NIKE do not make (bold) business decision$ such as this without careful consideration. I wonder if competing athletic footwear / sportswear companies will have a different take per their own promotions in response? Lotsa money can swing either way on the outcome of these decisions going forward....for that matter, curious to hear what NIKE stockholders take on this is new campaign are.

I (still) have NIKE stock in my portfolio (not as much today as several years ago as I sold off quite a bit and moved those profits over to something that goes by NFLX......imagine my surprise when I found out later that I'd not invested in professional football as was the intention).

Companies all over the world invest in celebs / entertainers to promote their brands....this has been going on for decades (ie: baseball players hawking razor and shaving cream products back in the 50's for example). They want people who are winners both in their professions and in (personal) life....people who possess a strong likeability factor....people who are perceived as stable and trustworthy.

While its true Tiger and Michael, to a lesser degree, have experienced hiccups in their personal lives that were made public, both are still viewed as the pinnacle of their chosen professions and people still gravitate to them. I wonder if the same can be said for Kaepernick?

This campaign almost seems less about creating additional sales and profits and more about making a political / social issue stand (by the liberal leadership at NIKE, of course). Curious to know how many Trump-hating execs are in control of Phil's company these days.....for that matter, curious to hear (Phil Knight's) take on this....or was his advice / opinion even sought out before launching this new ad?
There's no respect in America anymore.
he has no problem showing his face on an add for a company that exploits child labor. Nike is a joke of a company if they think this idiot has courage. The kids that bust their ass for Nike making shoes are the ones with the courage. They live everyday with an uncertain future. It's kind of infuriating to know what kind of person Kaepernick really is

this and this and this..

I hope "the issue" switches to focus on child labor, and the complete hypocrisy involved with Kaepernick and Nike. they have no moral authority to speak about sacrifice. I have Cousins in Vietnam that operate a small clothing manufacturing assembly, I have stood inside and watched as teenage girls, 14-16, labored for hours, uninterrupted, in oppressive heat. these girls devote their lives to churning out product, and get next to nothing in return. Kaepernick knows nothing about real oppression, now he is a rich symbol of an International Brand that stomps on vulnerable peoples in Countries Kaepernick doesn't give two shits about.
There's no respect in America anymore. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
What the heck does your hateful, partisan cap have to do with this discussion, Ellen?

It appears as though you are unable to separate issues from talking points.

This isn’t about party politics. It’s about race, plain and simple, and the protest over Inequality in the state of policing.

Total non-sequitir.
Sacrifice??

It seems CK has been on the Nike payroll all along.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/...-payroll-time/
  • Old-T
  • 09-04-2018, 09:10 AM
There's no respect in America anymore. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
I agree with you on this--whoever designed that hat is very disrespectful.
What the heck does your hateful, partisan cap have to do with this discussion, Ellen?

It appears as though you are unable to separate issues from talking points.

This isn’t about party politics. It’s about race, plain and simple, and the protest over Inequality in the state of policing.

Total non-sequitir. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Maybe she enjoys seeing you rant
  • Old-T
  • 09-04-2018, 09:18 AM
So he does this cheesy ad that will cost Nike in the long run and make Kaepernick look like an even bigger jerk.

"will cost Nike in the long run". Sounds a lot like a boycott--but it can't be, since the RW is vehemently opposed to boycotts of Chick-Fil-A, etc. (But not opposed to boycotts of small restaurants in VA that are anti-Trump.)

Of course someone will come in and say "that's not a boycott!". But that is just a difference in words: it is a claim that people will/should stop buying a product because of the political opinions of the company. Not that I am surprised--"We are against boycotts--so long as you try to boycott OUR side! We ARE for economic retaliation against THEIR politics! And yes, both fringes do it.

PS: I agree with IB on this one--I think NB (and Asics) are better shoes.
#BOYCOTTNIKE

The guy walked away from a multimillion dollar contract with the 49ers. He has only himself and his great looking girlfriend for the situation he's in.

The NFL isn't responsible for squat. Even teams with black GMs and "socially sensitive" organization won't hire him. Their reasons are many and valid.

Kap can't cobble together a message and whatever message he or his backers can assemble, it is confused or refutable. Look at the the first sentence of the slogan "believe in something...". What is that something?

I'm never buying Nike again. Not their shoes, not their athletic apparel, nothing branded with their logo. I should have done this when LeBron started his squawkin'

#BOYCOTTNIKE

Put it on your facebook and twitter page. Let see if we can prove this shadow banning.