Football when you was a kid

None of these modern guys could carry Otto Graham's jockstrap. Originally Posted by dickus
Graham was a great athlete. He played in the NBA also. Different era. People tend to forget how good he was.
  • CJ7
  • 12-04-2013, 12:18 PM
my dad took my entire little league team to Houston just to see Willie Mays play ball... the Astrodome was the ball park wonder at the time..

Ive also seen some of the origianal Cowboys play at the Cotton Bowl, Lebaron, Prerkins and Spikes come to mind ... met Spikes up close and personal later in life

Dickerson at SMU was as good as Dorsett IMO... my best friend's brother played with him... rubbed elbows with quite a few college players
my dad took my entire little league team to Houston just to see Willie Mays play ball... the Astrodome was the ball park wonder at the time..

Ive also seen some of the origianal Cowboys play at the Cotton Bowl, Lebaron, Prerkins and Spikes come to mind ... met Spikes up close and personal later in life

Dickerson at SMU was as good as Dorsett IMO... my best friend's brother played with him... rubbed elbows with quite a few college players Originally Posted by CJ7
Dorsett and Dickerson brought their programs back to prominence. Dorsett capped his college career with a HT and a NC. SMU? Well we all know what happened there. ESPNs 30/30 piece on SMU was interesting. The fuckin Govenor of Texas was in on it. A local kid from Mt Pleasant helped bring SMU down. The Pony Express was fun to watch.
my dad took my entire little league team to Houston just to see Willie Mays play ball Originally Posted by CJ7
I remember one game at Forbes Field Willie Mays hit a line drive to left field. i swear it was still going up when it went over the wall
  • CJ7
  • 12-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I remember one game at Forbes Field Willie Mays hit a line drive to left field. i swear it was still going up when it went over the wall Originally Posted by jw4591
he clocked several over during batting practice, and 1 during the game.... 1 outstanding, running, over the shoulder catch and several of his famous "basket catches" made my day ...
Dorsett and Dickerson brought their programs back to prominence. Dorsett capped his college career with a HT and a NC. SMU? Well we all know what happened there. ESPNs 30/30 piece on SMU was interesting. The fuckin Govenor of Texas was in on it. A local kid from Mt Pleasant helped bring SMU down. The Pony Express was fun to watch. Originally Posted by bambino
Craig James was the other half of that backfield at SMU. He was headed for greatness when he broke his neck in the NFL. Dorsett was awesome in college and had a good pro career. But not as good as Dickerson.

Pitt never suffered the death penalty. That "example" ruined college football in Dallas. It's still ruined. May never come back all the way. (Not that there's anything wrong with it.)
  • CJ7
  • 12-04-2013, 04:23 PM
some of you fuckers are getting OLD !!!
Me? I've been accused of being in my 80s and in a wheelchair. But the girls in the audience still wanna get onstage and dance with me. Especially when I'm shaking my colostomy bag in a FONKY way!

I've just got a good memory... Like the 1960 Bluebonnet Bowl between Texas and Bama... 3-3. or the 1963 Cotton Bowl, when Texas beat Navy (and Heisman trophy winner Roger Staubach) to win the national title. I was also at the 1971 Cotton Bowl when Penn State became the first team to figure out how to defend the Wishbone offense and Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris ran all over the beloved beef in a serious grudge match.

Pissed off a lot of people... But I had a hot date who'd drawn 45 yard line seats in the student ticket lottery, so I had great seats and a lotta pussy afterwards! Mitchell was PSUs feature back, but never quite had the kind of pro career people thought he would.