Give me the best seafood restaurant recommendations!

AA:

Try RA in Plano @ the Shops @ Legacy, off of the toll road - great Asian-fusion cuisine - all the traditional sushi and a lot more
Did Ralph & Cacoos close? They were initially a Baton Rouge seafood place, had a place they opened up in N Dallas back in the 80s. I went there while the Baton Rouge folks were in town training the staff here, great service, great food. Went back in the 90s, and it was awful. Of course, those trips were while I was here for training in my early, formative years of the hobby. Remember some gal at what I think was Lipsticks in S Fort Worth snatching tips out of the top of beer bottles with her private parts.

Papadeaux's - I have trouble eating at a seafood restaurant that advertised their crawfish special with a full page ad in the FW Star Telegram showing a (shrimp) boat going out into the gulf. If they don't know where crawfish come from, how the hell do they know what they are doing?

(Actually, the Papadeaux's location on I30 in FW, just west of downtown, has provided decent food and great service for me on a few occassions. And they do try to put forth a style of restaurant like I remember from my younger years when I ate seafood in New Orleans.)
Try Truluck's. Seafood is pretty decent. Nice environment.
I love seafood, fish or shellfish, it's all good to me. My favorite in Dallas is McCormick & Schmick's at Northpark, http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/...arkCenter.aspx

The Oceanaire is the good too, http://www.theoceanaire.com/Location...s/OurMenu.aspx

I've always been a fan of either halibut or salmon but lately I've branched out to other fish like Grouper and Sea Bass. It's making me hungry thinking about it. Originally Posted by Tigger

Went to the Oceanaire and LOVED it. And yes, I am a halibut/seabass/salmon fan. No shellfish.
My place when you come to Houston
I will prepare Grilled Redfish on the Half shell with Gai Lan and Mac and Cheese on the side with your choice of wine
Chamberlains is my favorite in Dallas
I don't know where many places are in Dallas, but I like Pappadeaux for Cajun style seafood. Originally Posted by Jackster21
+1 Pappadeaux's is my favorite for seafood.
  • Oppa
  • 01-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Did Ralph & Cacoos close? They were initially a Baton Rouge seafood place, had a place they opened up in N Dallas back in the 80s.
The only Ralph's that I know of that was in the area recently was in Allen, and they've closed. Even when I went there a few years ago, it wasn't very good.

I still have a Ralph & Kacoo's cookbook and cook crawfish etoufee by it. Great recipe.
There is still a Ralph's & Cacoo's in Shreveport. For some reason the one in Allen was not that good. The one in New Orleans is fantastic.
Seabreeze Fish Market on Preston Road!

http://www.seabreezefish.com/
Ralph and Kacoo's is a Shreveport based chain. First local R&K was across the street from Dallas Men's Club. That location closed and moved to Allen then that location closed. Shreveport location serves good north Louisiana seafood.
+1 Pappadeaux's is my favorite for seafood. Originally Posted by steeplechase
Oh yeah Pappadeaux's is da BEST my family and friends LUV this place BUT when I want GREAT CAJUN food WITH a little SEAFOOD I go to RAZZOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fishing 1:!!!!!! By MYSELF!!!!!
you people are crazy...Lefty's is the best SEAFOOD...not cajun...not steak...stricktly SEAFOOD..which is what was asked
Pappadeaux's can be pretty good.

I remember Ralph & Kacoo's as a kid growing up on the Airline Hwy in Baton Rouge. According to their website, they started on False River, and opened their BR, NO, and Bossier City locations in '69. They conveniently leave out their foray into the Dallas area on their website. I don't blame them, after the BR people who helped train the team here left, I think it went downhill quickly.

http://ralphandkacoos.com/about

Sorry, here I would concentrate on TexMex or anything but seafood. You do seafood in coastal regions, steak in the mid-west.

I know, all of these foods are flown around the country to provide the top restaurants with fresh food each day, but some places just know how do prepare seafood. (And sushi is not my idea of preparing seafood.)
Lefty's is ok; but it just doesn't compare to Sea Breeze.........