BBBJ and GFE!

From the center for disease control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa19.htm

Can I get HIV from oral sex?

Yes, it is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex.

There have been a few cases of HIV transmission from performing oral sex on a person infected with HIV. While no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through

* the lining of the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis);
* the lining of the vagina or cervix;
* the lining of the anus; or
* directly into the body through small cuts or open sores.

If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), or vaginal fluid may contain the virus. Cells lining the mouth of the person performing oral sex may allow HIV to enter their body.

The risk of HIV transmission increases

* if the person performing oral sex has cuts or sores around or in their mouth or throat;
* if the person receiving oral sex ejaculates in the mouth of the person performing oral sex; or
* if the person receiving oral sex has another sexually transmitted disease (STD).

Not having (abstaining from) sex is the most effective way to avoid HIV.

If you choose to perform oral sex, and your partner is male,

* use a latex condom on the penis; or

* if you or your partner is allergic to latex, plastic (polyurethane) condoms can be used.

Studies have shown that latex condoms are very effective, though not perfect, in preventing HIV transmission when used correctly and consistently.

If either partner is allergic to latex, plastic (polyurethane) condoms for either the male or female can be used. For more information about latex condoms, see "Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases."

If you choose to have oral sex, and your partner is female,

* use a latex barrier (such as a natural rubber latex sheet, a dental dam or a cut-open condom that makes a square) between your mouth and the vagina. A latex barrier such as a dental dam reduces the risk of blood or vaginal fluids entering your mouth. Plastic food wrap also can be used as a barrier.

If you choose to perform oral sex with either a male or female partner and this sex includes oral contact with your partners anus (analingus or rimming),

* use a latex barrier (such as a natural rubber latex sheet, a dental dam or a cut-open condom that makes a square) between your mouth and the anus. Plastic food wrap also can be used as a barrier.

If you choose to share sex toys with your partner, such as dildos or vibrators,

* each partner should use a new condom on the sex toy; and
* be sure to clean sex toys between each use.
  • npita
  • 01-05-2010, 10:11 PM
It takes only one crusader with an agenda to hijack a perfectly good thread:
I think it's important for everyone to take care of their health and do whatever they have to to protect themselves. And if a condom lowers the risk, then that is a good step to take. Originally Posted by La Luna
Even better: Offer an HSE - Hazmat Suit Experience.
I just hope that other girls don't feel bullied into doing things they don't want to or don't feel comfortable with because of the threats that "that's a deal breaker!" There are plenty of guys who will respect your limits ladies. I know the economy is tough right now, but you know what is right for you.
Actually, we were discussing whether or not GFE included BBBJ. (It does.) If a provider had told me that she was GFE and then only offered CBJ, I would have walked out the door for false advertising.

A decision to see someone who provides a BBBJ instead of a CBJ is not bullying or threatening. It's a guy's prerogative to see someone who offers what he is seeking and decide what is or isn't a deal breaker.

Yes, it is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex.
Is it possible to get hit by lightning, struck by a meteor, or die in a plane (or car) crash? What are the risks relative to contracting HIV from an infected partner via oral sex? Have you stopped going outside, stopped driving or stopped flying?

Do what you are comfortable doing, but don't post irrational, fear mongering articles to further a personal agenda that hijacks the original thread topic.
Yeah, and you know as well as I do that there are alot of women on here with poor self esteem who are desperate in this economy who will read that and think "oh no, I better do bbbj or else they won't pick me." Hopefully the case is that the women screening their clients will read the messages and decide not to see the bullies.
La Luna:
It's not bullying to say that one prefers BBBJ to CBJ, or even that one won't see a provider who doesn't offer BBBJ. So long as you aren't pestering someone who doesn't offer BBBJ to do so or belittling providers who don't offer some activity, then what's the problem? If I say that I only see girls with big boobs, am I be bullying the less endowed into getting implants? Or if I only see FS providers, am I bullying L1 or L2 only massage providers?

Equating the expression of a preference, particularly in a generic thread like this, to a malicious act is just plain hyperbole. I'm entitled to have my own preferences and express them as long as I'm not an ass about it. I'm also not responsible for what anyone else does based on my general statements, nor am I responsible for anyone else's poor self esteem or the consequences thereof (again, as long as I'm not attacking, pushing, taking advantage, etc).

As for the risk, keep in mind that we are all engaging in some degree of risky behavior. The thing is to be aware of the risks and accept what level of risk you are willing to take. Do not delude yourself into thinking anything is completely safe or be paranoid about the dangers.

Many of us have decided that the risk of BBBJ is an acceptable one. The idea that "if a condom lowers the risk, then that is a good step to take" doesn't hold water with that portion of the community because we do not see the improvement in safety as significant enough to trade off against the improvement in experience.

Why not use a cover if it's safer, even if you may not consider it to be that much safer, it's still better, right? To take it further, you could just as well ask "why not insist on even more protection?" perhaps even up to a hazmat suit as suggested earlier. Again, know the risks and decide what you're comfortable with. Hyperbole (on either side), fear-mongering, or a false sense of security don't help the matter.

Regarding providers losing business or feeling forced to offer something they aren't comfortable with, that's a potential consequence of the business... or any business really. Doing/having more, doing it better, or doing it cheaper can all get you more customers. Doing/having less, doing a worse job, or charging more can all lose you customers.

If you don't want to do something, no one is forcing you to. You may, however, have to do something else to compensate, make due with less, or find another line of work. It's an unfortunate thing that some ladies will lose money because they won't compromise what they believe. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any realistic "solution" (meaning getting everyone to agree is out) that wouldn't cause a similar problem to crop up or make things worse.

Back on the main topic: Yes, GFE => BBBJ and CBJ => not GFE. By the accepted definition, doing BBBJ doesn't automatically mean you're GFE, but not doing it does automatically mean you aren't. That's not to say a session with only CBJ can't be good, great, passionate, etc (and to be honest CBJ isn't a deal breaker for me in and of itself), but if you say you're GFE, BBBJ will be expected.
The proper stranger, you do not seem like a bully about the subject, where others do.
I consider it a GFE if there's some DFK involved. I prefer a BBBJ but can get excited with a CBJ IF coupled with some DFK and ball play. Just me perhaps.
Bullying.
saying I prefer bbbj over cbj.
I have to agree with npita.this thread didn't ask if you felt safer with it or asked what the odds were of contracting a disiease.
It was a very simple question is bbj considered part of GFE.
I think by looking over the majority of the answers here the majority feels like bbbj is part of Gfe.
If a lady feels bullied into going bbbj because of this thread then she isn't reading what it states.
If they want to do cbj only ,fine advertise it as such.Don't put gfe in your ad then act all surprised or indignant when the guy asks for bbbj.
Obviously there are plenty of guys that would rather have the cbj to fill the void.
I have had only one cbj that was even decent and that was because the provider was using an extra thin condom and she knew what she was doing.Most ladies that try to attempt cbj leave you unimpressed and limp.
La luna your comments about others being bullies doesn't hold water.
In fact I find your comments rude and uncalled for.
It is a providers right to do/ not to anything she wants. In prior posts on this topic elsewhere, it has been noted that perhaps advertisements could/ should mention BBBJ is YMMV or "GFE Heavy" and that way, the gent knows up front and decides accordingly.

For me, I would generally define GFE as inclusive of BBBJ, but I am not rigid ( no pun intended) on that. The tough to define "connection" with some LFK that morphs into DFK, if we are both into the session are probably more important to me.

And most of the time, I will usually seek at least a second session if we didn't quite click and hold off on reviews until after that second session, because I recognize that not everyone digs me or thinks I am funny or interesting.