Sandman, Fox, Dominions

... No worrys, Tiny... And didn't mean
to attack you there. Me bad. ... But the Repubs
ARE gonna stick by ol' Mitch until AFTER the mid-terms.
As you mention....

### Salty
That was fuckin' dumb. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
and you lack self-awareness.
Fox will never let it get to court. They'll pay and settle before the public humiliation.

Here's what Frump's head of cybersecurity had to say after the orange ape pushed that angle:

"Do not conflate voting system security and SolarWinds," tweeted Krebs, who served as US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Director until late November. "The proof is in the paper. You can audit or recount again to confirm the outcome. Like they did in Georgia. And Michigan. And Wisconsin. And Arizona. Can't hack paper."

See that part about audits and recounts in Georgia, Michagan, Wisconsin and Arizona? Time to set the tin hats aside boys. The idiot made a fool of himself to the entire world and got his ass beat. Put him back in the closet with his mushroom cap and let's see if the Republican party can try to regain some respect... Originally Posted by 69in2it69
I think it's the opposite; Dominion will never go through discovery for a trial. They don't want to reveal anything and neither do their masters in the DNC.
I think it's the opposite; Dominion will never go through discovery for a trial. They don't want to reveal anything and neither do their masters in the DNC. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

FOX has very deep pockets. not that Dominion doesn't but in this case FOX won't run away due to the cost.

any talk by the left of Dominion clearly winning this case is mistaken

now take this for what it is .. VOX article which means it has a leftist slant and despite the "scary" headline the article does show this isn't as easy to prove as many claim it is

https://www.vox.com/22352213/dominio...irst-amendment

people can read it yourselves but a few relevant paragraphs

Under New York Times v. Sullivan, the mere fact that Fox hosts and guests made these and similar statements is not enough for Dominion to prevail in its suit. Again, to overcome the bar to defamation suits laid out in that case, Dominion needs to show that Fox made a false claim “with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not.”

Similarly, the Dominion complaint points to several instances where Fox hosts correctly stated that allegations of voter fraud in 2020 are false or overblown. In a November 19 column adapted from one of his show’s opening monologues, for example, Fox host Tucker Carlson wrote that Powell has “never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another. Not one.”

In fairness, the fact that at least some Fox personalities contradicted the lies about Dominion could potentially reduce the amount of damages that Dominion is able to collect from Fox, because true statements will tend to reduce the impact of the lies. But true statements such as Carlson’s also suggest that Fox knew the allegations against Dominion are false.
and you lack self-awareness. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn

If you don't want to explain what I'm supposed to be aware of, I will understand. Just leave me to believe you can't write it out.
If you don't want to explain what I'm supposed to be aware of, I will understand. Just leave me to believe you can't write it out. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
and.....you just made my point. Thanx.
  • WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 06:13 AM
... No worrys, Tiny... And didn't mean
to attack you there. Me bad. ... But the Repubs
ARE gonna stick by ol' Mitch until AFTER the mid-terms.
As you mention....

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
They are going to stick by him after the midterms.
  • WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 06:18 AM
FOX has very deep pockets. not that Dominion doesn't but in this case FOX won't run away due to the cost.

any talk by the left of Dominion clearly winning this case is mistaken

now take this for what it is .. VOX article which means it has a leftist slant and despite the "scary" headline the article does show this isn't as easy to prove as many claim it is

https://www.vox.com/22352213/dominio...irst-amendment

people can read it yourselves but a few relevant paragraphs

Under New York Times v. Sullivan, the mere fact that Fox hosts and guests made these and similar statements is not enough for Dominion to prevail in its suit. Again, to overcome the bar to defamation suits laid out in that case, Dominion needs to show that Fox made a false claim “with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not.”

Similarly, the Dominion complaint points to several instances where Fox hosts correctly stated that allegations of voter fraud in 2020 are false or overblown. In a November 19 column adapted from one of his show’s opening monologues, for example, Fox host Tucker Carlson wrote that Powell has “never demonstrated that a single actual vote was moved illegitimately by software from one candidate to another. Not one.”

In fairness, the fact that at least some Fox personalities contradicted the lies about Dominion could potentially reduce the amount of damages that Dominion is able to collect from Fox, because true statements will tend to reduce the impact of the lies. But true statements such as Carlson’s also suggest that Fox knew the allegations against Dominion are false. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
What you seem to be having trouble comprehending is that Fox is in agreement that the voter fraud narrative against Doninion was/is not true.

Except of course to bambino and Salty.
  • WTF
  • 12-19-2021, 06:20 AM
and.....you just made my point. Thanx. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
He made a point that you can't back up wtf you claimed.

Your lack of self awareness is showing.
Fox won’t run away because of the cost. Fox will run away because of the TOP TRUTH.

BTW - TOP = Truth Outside Pissburgh
... We'll See.

### Salty
If you say so.