looting: value of small business is a myth

Now that... that makes more sense. And I'm betting those riders just skyrocketed in cost. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Grace,
You can't win if no one takes that bet (of course that means you won though).
I do contract work with a major re-insurance outfit (insurance that insures insurance cos from major claims) and yup.
The cost of doing business is exactly that.
I love how you felt the need to explain equity value....

Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Most people are very unrealistic about the equity in their businesses, so it was my pleasure.
Yeah-- I'm not that unrealistic. I'm just thrilled that it was barely in the black for 2019. It won't be for 2020-- but that's courtesy of all the fairs, festivals, street events, etc being cancelled this year.
Yeah-- I'm not that unrealistic. I'm just thrilled that it was barely in the black for 2019. It won't be for 2020-- but that's courtesy of all the fairs, festivals, street events, etc being cancelled this year. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Hopefully when things return to normal the pent up demand will make up for it.
well. seems Paul "the pud knocker" Krugman makes yet another idiotic claim about riots..

Paul Krugman Gets Epic Dunking After Saying ‘Urban Anarchy’ Is a Myth Because His Neighborhood Is Safe
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

My Democrat friend in New Orleans is making the same argument to me. He works in a hotel and when I mentioned the rioting in Portland he told me that he had a conversation with a guest from Portland. I can't tell you how many times he has spoken to a guest that contradicts what I'm telling him. So this guest says the riots are limited to a very small part of Portland and outside of these few blocks, everything is peaceful in Portland, you can walk the streets at night, no problem shopping and suggesting that Portland is rampant with violent street demonstrations is just a right-wing myth.

I told my friend there might very well be some truth to that but that doesn't excuse the lack of leadership by the Mayor and DA of Portland, allowing this carnage to go on for over 100 days.

And for the, well, I've lost count, I asked my Democrat friend if he had heard that the Mayor had to move because the peaceful protesters he supports, tried to burn down the building he lives in and I got, wait for it......... "no, I didn't see that". I asked if he had seen the attack on Rand Paul and his wife, nope, didn't see that. He reminds me that he still works and doesn't consume the amount of news that I do to which I tell him that is probably why you aren't aware of what is going on because when you don't consume the news, you consume MSNBC.

When I bring up Commala Harris, it's "oh, she is a very intelligent woman". And that's all you know about her? Have you heard about her support for Marxist ideology wrapped in the cloak of "social justice"?

But he is a good friend, merely misguided all due to a very, very visceral hatred of all things Trump.

He tells me the other day that if Trump is re-elected, America will be controlled by Putin. Holy Fuck, here we go again. And then he sends me an article about how Trump and Republicans are putting pressure on Germany not to do pipeline business with Russia. So I ask him, does that sound like somebody doing Russia's bidding? Trying to hurt Russia's economy, selling tank killing missiles to Ukraine? I ask if he can tell me one single thing he has done that helps Russia and hurts America? You know what he said don't you. "How about all those people in the Trump campaign talking to Russians", he says. Holy Fuck, here we go again!

HF, your misguided friend is going to give you headaches. time for some excedrin. lol!
Hopefully when things return to normal the pent up demand will make up for it. Originally Posted by friendly fred

LOL-- my side hustle these days isn't adult in nature-- "pent up demand" isn't typically a thing for that particular market.
LOL-- my side hustle these days isn't adult in nature-- "pent up demand" isn't typically a thing for that particular market. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Well I hope it is going to go well for you one way or another.
Well I hope it is going to go well for you one way or another. Originally Posted by friendly fred

The ONLY blessing in all of this for my business was timing. Had the crisis begun in say... May-- I would have already had a ton of stock sitting in my basement. Thankfully-- it began in February/early March-- and I typically don't start stocking up until the beginning of April.
HF, your misguided friend is going to give you headaches. time for some excedrin. lol! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

If he wasn't such a good friend and good human being, I wouldn't give him the time of day since I don't suffer fools easily.