New CBO numbers: Obamacare will cost the US 2.5 million jobs

I can just picture a bum with a sign saying I will work for insurance.
  • BJerk
  • 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Republicans idea of working is sitting on their rear end telling other people what to do.
you didn't answer the question either

will YOU choose to work less rather than work at a part time job caused directly by Obamacare. Originally Posted by CJ7

How can you choose to work more if your employer is only going to pay you for 29 hours?
Republicans idea of working is sitting on their rear end telling other people what to do. Originally Posted by BJerk
You just described your average democrat.
Republicans idea of working is sitting on their rear end telling other people what to do. Originally Posted by BJerk
You just described your average democrat. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The person you are describing is neither a democrat nor a republican, but a bloated capitalist.
  • WTF
  • 02-06-2014, 08:07 AM
How can you choose to work more if your employer is only going to pay you for 29 hours? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Fucking idiots never seem to check their so called facts. JD...how can you be a teacher when you can't even understand the source you are citing projections?

http://news.msn.com/us/fact-check-will-obamacare-kill-23-million-jobs

CBO, Feb. 4: In CBO's judgment, there is no compelling evidence that part-time employment has increased as a result of the ACA. On the one hand, there have been anecdotal reports of firms responding to the employer penalty by limiting workers’ hours, and the share of workers in part-time jobs has declined relatively slowly since the end of the recent recession. On the other hand, the share of workers in part-time jobs generally declines slowly after recessions, so whether that share would have declined more quickly during the past few years in the absence of the ACA is difficult to determine.
In any event, because the employer penalty will not take effect until 2015, the current lack of direct evidence may not be very informative about the ultimate effects of the ACA
One thing you have to remember...the CBO is usually off by a factor of 3 so think seven million people losing their jobs.
  • Doove
  • 02-07-2014, 04:23 AM
One thing you have to remember...the CBO is usually off by a factor of 3 so think seven million people losing their jobs. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You mean 7 million people that have more options. One of which could include starting their own business.
You mean 7 million people that have more options. One of which could include starting their own business. Originally Posted by Doove
Of since you are looking for the "positives" of ObaminableCare .....

7 million job vacancies for 7 million illegal aliens who can vote for liberal candidates.
Fucking idiots never seem to check their so called facts. JD...how can you be a teacher when you can't even understand the source you are citing projections?

http://news.msn.com/us/fact-check-will-obamacare-kill-23-million-jobs

CBO, Feb. 4: In CBO's judgment, there is no compelling evidence that part-time employment has increased as a result of the ACA. Originally Posted by WTF
That's not a "fact" ..... that is an opinion. One of these days you'll figure out the difference.

The BLS doesn't count parttime employment in the employment numbers. So where does the CBO get it's opinion .................... like there is not a "smidgen of evidence of corruption" in the IRS .............. really? Another opinion from the law professor.
I can just picture a bum with a sign saying I will work for insurance. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
The "bums" don't have to work for insurance. They get "Medicaid"!
You mean 7 million people that have more options. One of which could include starting their own business. Originally Posted by Doove
If they start their own business they'd be working more hours.

We are subsidizing 7MM FTEs of lost productivity and the lost associated taxes.

BTW, probably all the lost 7MM FTE will be from doctors. Thanks Obama.
  • WTF
  • 02-07-2014, 06:38 AM
That's not a "fact" ..... that is an opinion. One of these days you'll figure out the difference.

The BLS doesn't count parttime employment in the employment numbers. So where does the CBO get it's opinion .................... like there is not a "smidgen of evidence of corruption" in the IRS .............. really? Another opinion from the law professor. Originally Posted by LexusLover
One of these days you will figure out the difference between me pointing out the fact that you are cherry picking numbers and statements from a report and stating a report is factual.

The fact is you and others are using the God Damn CBO numbers as fact 2.5 million job loss! I merely pointed out what else the CBO report said.

None of it is fact. But me pointing out what was Cherry Picked out of the report was indeed fact.

So if you want to say "The CBO stated such and such..." and I counter with "The CBO also stated this..."

It is a fact that I am restating projections of the CBO , just as you are. You can't have it both ways. That is the God Damn fact. You're smarter than that, I should not have to point out subtle but obvious differences.

Did you tell the thread starter that ''That's not a "fact" ..... that is an opinion. One of these days you'll figure out the difference.''

You can't pick and choose what opinion are indeed facts.
Quitting work because you can afford to and support yourself is one thing. Quitting so you can live off the hard work of others is wrong.
Attached Images File Type: png pajamaboy.png (124.7 KB, 34 views)