Ronald Reagan socialized medicine when he signed the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act.

• WTF
  • 11-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Because illegal immigrants are not subject to the individual mandate, they are not be penalized for being uninsured. Illegal immigrants can still get emergency medical care under federal law.
. Originally Posted by CJ7
That is my point CJ7. Not that illegals will continue to be treated at the ER but that Reagancare was the cause of Obamacare.

Obamacare only fixed part of the problem though. Now unlike my Tea Turkey friends , I say part of the problem being fixed is better than none of the problem being fixed.
And like the Scarecrow , you can't wait for a half a fucking brain.

For folks unfamiliar with history, Obamacare was a result of Reagancare. Reagancare forced ER to take patients. You can repeal Obamacare but you will not have fixed the problem without repealing Reagancare.

I understand that gnadfly needs Dr. Oz to explain this stuff to him! Try not to post until then gnadcrow Originally Posted by WTF
More moronic buffoonery from the resident moronic buffoon.

Where do you get this stuff: moronicbuffoon.com or fuckgrannyuntilshesdead.gov?
  • WTF
  • 11-15-2013, 07:25 AM
fuckgrannyuntilshesdead.gov? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Not only do you not have a brain but you're into some kinky shit it sounds like.

Where is your racist tricycle friend that was dropping all the n bombs? You leave him at the burning cross?

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act signed by President Barack Obama in 2010 is designed to make health insurance more affordable for low-income Americans. It does not grant undocumented, or illegal, immigrants access to taxpayer-funded subsidies or credits to buy health insurance through exchanges.
The relevant section of the law, also known as Obamacare, is Section 1312 (f)(3), which reads:
"Access limited to lawful residents. If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange.
Individual Mandate and Undocumented Immigrants

Undocumented immigrants living in the United States are expected to become the largest segment of the population without health insurance. It has been estimated that as much as half of the illegal immigrant population in the United States doesn't have health insurance.
Undocumented immigrants are not subject to the health care reform law’s individual mandate, the controversial clause upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in June 2012 requiring most Americans to purchase health insurance.
Because illegal immigrants are not subject to the individual mandate, they are not be penalized for being uninsured. Illegal immigrants can still get emergency medical care under federal law.
According to the Congressional Research Service: "Unauthorized (illegal) immigrants are expressly exempted from the mandate to have health insurance and, as a result, cannot be penalized for noncompliance."

ok, quit speaking. Originally Posted by CJ7
Again, you've shown yourself to be a bald-faced liar, Hospital Whore! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Wrong law, you should really try clicking on the links and reading, then get back with something related to the thread.
Where is your racist tricycle friend that was dropping all the n bombs? You leave him at the burning cross?
Originally Posted by WTF
He's posting under the handle: WTF. And he's not my friend.
  • WTF
  • 11-15-2013, 11:09 PM
He's posting under the handle: WTF. And he's not my friend. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The one that called Yssup the n word and said he was going to beat his ass...said you'd vouch for him. Where'd he go? Over to your house for a weenie roast and cross burning?

Another one of WTF's fallacious "only a slice, therefore the whole pie" arguments. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Reagan started this train. Unless you do away with his law....then you need Obamacare. If hospitals have to take patients without insurance, then we need Obamacare. Reagancare just took thirty years for the costs to catch up to us.
  • CJ7
  • 11-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Wrong law, you should really try clicking on the links and reading, then get back with something related to the thread. Originally Posted by nwarounder

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...alth-care-law/

yet you're still talking.

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I don't think that Law should necessarilly be repealed, I don't think it qualifies as Socialized Medicine either. It only pertains to Emergency Room Care and to segments of the population that can't pay ER visits.
  • Doove
  • 11-16-2013, 04:23 AM
I don't think that Law should necessarilly be repealed, I don't think it qualifies as Socialized Medicine either. It only pertains to Emergency Room Care and to segments of the population that can't pay ER visits. Originally Posted by acp5762
Dude's got selective hearing.
He only hears what the hospital industry tells him.

and they're probably the reason our health care system is down the crapper to begin with.
The one that called Yssup the n word and said he was going to beat his ass...said you'd vouch for him. Where'd he go? Over to your house for a weenie roast and cross burning? Originally Posted by WTF
I heard the weenie roasts and cross burnings happened at your house, Casa de Reacharound.

If I vouched for anything, it was that Capitan1962 would kick his ass. How'd that turn out? Did Assup PM him a place and time? Why are you involved?
Not only do you not have a brain but you're into some kinky shit it sounds like. Originally Posted by WTF
You like that? I'm not taking full credit for it, WTF (WMB) said it first. I've documented several times.
  • Doove
  • 11-16-2013, 11:11 AM
And still, apparently, not one true yes or no response to the original yes or no question. Unless JD wants to step up to the plate and admit his yes was, in fact, in response to that question. He seems to be ducking.
-----
They just don't make good trolls anymore. Originally Posted by Doove
+1
  • WTF
  • 11-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I don't think that Law should necessarilly be repealed, I don't think it qualifies as Socialized Medicine either. It only pertains to Emergency Room Care and to segments of the population that can't pay ER visits. Originally Posted by acp5762

Ronald Reagan signs into law that all hospitals that get federal dollars have to treat ER patients and you think that isn't socialized medicine?