Reference checks on guys we haven't seen in YEARS!!!

• grean
  • 07-12-2017, 08:24 AM
I will still give references, regardless of date-- however, I WILL let the lady who is requesting it know that I haven't seen someone in ____ months (or years). Originally Posted by Grace Preston

And the guy asking for the reference could fix that last part just by simply seeing you again before using you as a reference.
I will also start with I saw him..(insert).....long ago. Recently as of this week I have had one reference check from 3 plus years ago and another from 7 months ago. Different men we remember differently or maybe I saw them several times in the span years ago. Personally I feel it is up to the lady if she wants to proceed with the appointment.

Some I will remember by a conversation, the encounter whatever and I will search thru my p411 messages, pm's or emails to look for conversation between us. Others' it's dry toast, have no clue my friend, we saw each other in 2010, we sat on the sofa and I wore a dress. Well, that's not going to jog anything. Originally Posted by Lauren Lane
I agree wholeheartedly. I do use references from a review list. If I can't screen you on p411, sometimes it takes 10 providers to get a response. I don't mean anything against providers. I go UTR sometimes,too when I am working a lot of hours at a full time job.
Also, I don't like to use brand new girls for screening. Many of these girls might be super seasoned and good at screening, but when I started doing this in 2002...we'll just say I screen differently now.
You'd be amazed. I either have a good bit of memory about a gent, or none at all. It really all depends on the particular gentleman in question.

I had a reference request for a gent about a month ago. Now, I haven't seen this gent BCD in about 3 years.. and I haven't seen him at ALL in over a year (we met for lunch). However, I can still tell a lady a lot about his personality, his style, his appearance, etc. Originally Posted by Grace Preston

Some I will remember by a conversation, the encounter whatever and I will search thru my p411 messages, pm's or emails to look for conversation between us. Others' it's dry toast, have no clue my friend, we saw each other in 2010, we sat on the sofa and I wore a dress. Well, that's not going to jog anything.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. I do use references from a review list. If I can't screen you on p411, sometimes it takes 10 providers to get a response. I don't mean anything against providers. I go UTR sometimes,too when I am working a lot of hours at a full time job.
Also, I don't like to use brand new girls for screening. Many of these girls might be super seasoned and good at screening, but when I started doing this in 2002...we'll just say I screen differently now.
I do have a related question for you ladies on P411. I have not hobbyed in a year. Now that I am back, I expect to use P411 for most booking. I have enough OKs for anyone I might want to see, but the newest is 2 years old and 1/2 have dropped off p411. Do you feel the OKs "expire" if you will, or is it really just the number and who, regardless of how old they may be? Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing

Personally when I see it has been awhile since a gent has had okays, I will ask him what the situation has been on okays? Leave of Absence, Seeing an ATF, etc