Old/New handles

I still think the banned handle thread assists in this area. It consists of Group 2, and if membership has information that can help mods identify them, then they can look at the list, see the offense, and send an email to staff. Originally Posted by TinMan
I agree. It would be a useful tool.
if someone is banned for a short time or for life but allowed back as their old handle, then their history is there and not hidden. everyone knows who they are dealing with and if they can avoid the problems they cause before then that's great. like a bad review for providers it remains part of their history but becomes less relevant if they avoid those problems in the future.
I agree as well.Tara and the bad naughty girl of eccie will always be the Tara
I agree. It would be a useful tool.
if someone is banned for a short time or for life but allowed back as their old handle, then their history is there and not hidden. everyone knows who they are dealing with and if they can avoid the problems they cause before then that's great. like a bad review for providers it remains part of their history but becomes less relevant if they avoid those problems in the future. Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Yes it would be nice if their history were there and not hidden so everyone knows who they are dealing with. This is an information exchange site, after all.
I couldnt agree more with OBSG, THN and others ... It would be safer for all to know that info without speculations ... Lickher as mentioned and BigDog are a clear example ..., This information runs in the backchannels, but many people don't have access to that ...

And for everyones peace of mind, it would be fair to know why a member was BANNED FOR LIFE ... When I see that, my mind thinks the worst like: OMG, WHAT DID THEY DO ... WAS SOMEONE OUTED? ...
I don't know how many points you get for hijacking but man this got me interested and that's the ONLY infraction I've ever had and it was back in 9/12 and I don't even know how I did it lol. Guess I save all my naughtiness for BCD
Jessica, your avatar is enough to hijack any thread.

Damn it, I just hijacked my own thread!!!

Shit, what do I do now???

Shit, what do I do now??? Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Lol thank you
You're highjacking your own thread now OBSG ...

Shit, what do I do now??? Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
I couldnt agree more with OBSG, THN and others ... It would be safer for all to know that info without speculations ... Lickher as mentioned and BigDog are a clear example ..., This information runs in the backchannels, but many people don't have access to that ...

And for everyones peace of mind, it would be fair to know why a member was BANNED FOR LIFE ... When I see that, my mind thinks the worst like: OMG, WHAT DID THEY DO ... WAS SOMEONE OUTED? ...
Originally Posted by DarthDVader
Generally speaking, if I suspect someone is obviously a retread for a banned handle, I just hit the RTM button and tell the staff my suspicions and why. I have noticed the staff does take note and investigate at to some level. I suspect I am often not the only one to RTM a suspect handle.

I know some think I am an asshole when a provider returns to the board after a commuted lifetime ban when she is guilty of outing someone and I mention it one time in one of their public threads and /or a reminder in the men's lounge when she posts her return.

Maybe these girls would handle their pissed off actions differently now, but I do not take a risk with a history of them outing someone publicly. Maybe I shouldn't fear it as I don't seem to get caught up in the imbroglio that some do that leads to them getting outed.

However, as a binge reader/poster, maybe a list of infractions, or at least a list of outings would be handy. I think limiting it to outings / ripoffs would be a good start. i don't keep up with all the board drama all the time and it would give me a quick place to check/screen a potential date.

I think for the most part, that is what the members here would be most disdainful of at first while screening a potential date. I wouldn't care if a gal got points for what would amount to petty violations of the guidelines and terms of service; i.e. ad violations, insulting posts, etc..

Sincerely,

GQ
Assholes and Elbows is an outstanding handle.
OK everyone, don't feed the trolls.
Assholes and Elbows is an outstanding handle. Originally Posted by Prime Time
Other than multiple handles I am unaware of any "lifetime" bans. You may be given a pretty significant vacation and then have to ask back on, but no one is told they absolutely cannot return (to my knowledge). I am also unaware of anyone being "asked" to come back either, but that is another thread entirely.

From a poster standpoint I don't believe 99.9% of the people here anyways so I guess I just don't care that much if they leave and have a new handle, group 1 or group 2. If you are a moron about I got zero issue pointing it out though.
Lord the things you write just make me laugh.
Supposedly, there is not such a thing as a "lifetime ban" on Eccie. Bans for a year, year plus, yes. And people, it really takes a lot to get sentenced for more than 90 days. It takes continual violation of the rules, often including violating nuclear rules, to find yourself with an extended vacation.

As a side note, in my time here on the boards... I've received a total of 2 points, both for ad violations. I took a long break and came back right after the ad rules had changed regarding rates in ads (remember when those were banned for a while?) and I got popped twice, back to back for it. Yep... I'm a baaaaaad girl.
There are such things on here as Lifetime bans. Just like there was on Aspd.