What is the Solution to Racism?

You are such a fine example of what a Christian should be. We should all follow your example. [sarcasm]

If being a Christian meant being like you, I would never adopt that belief. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Let if fucking go, jesus christ. I gave him as much hell as anyone, but it's fucking tired now. You don't know when to quit.
I had an interesting discussion with an African American this evening. A REAL African American, from Africa. He's been in the U.S. only a few years. He's got a successful career, a graduate degree, and he doesn't whine. If he experiences racism, he ignores it, and accomplishes his goal anyway. He won't listen to anyone who tells him how hard it is to black. He doesn't see white people as an enemy. He works hard, he's pleasant and funny to be around, and he's honest to a fault. This is typical of most immigrants from Africa I've met.

The way to end racism is to not participate, whatever side you're on. Don't blame others for where you are in life. You have to decide for yourself if you are going to succeed, whatever that means to you. Jesse Jackson used to preach this, before he found out there was money and fame for him in preaching dependency.

Racism feeds on anger. It dies in the face of confidence and personal responsibility. That's the only way to end it.
Let if fucking go, jesus christ. I gave him as much hell as anyone, but it's fucking tired now. You don't know when to quit. Originally Posted by WombRaider
It's still funny.
It's still funny. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It's on life-support. That's a last gasp you're hearing.
  • DSK
  • 05-15-2015, 05:43 AM
Let if fucking go, jesus christ. I gave him as much hell as anyone, but it's fucking tired now. You don't know when to quit. Originally Posted by WombRaider
BigTex could keep it going for years!
BigTex could keep it going for years! Originally Posted by DSK
JLIdiot, errr DSKIdiot, thanks for reminding me:

TrendingIdiot, where is the friggin' link to an actual comment from MLK himself that he "opposed illegal immigration," as you clearly stated in the OP of the MLK thread?

We're waiting patiently!
It's easy to yell "Racism", but how would you end it? What it is the solution? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
IMO, the majority of the USA's population will be multi-racial in 100 years. Racism and sexism is rampant in other parts of the planet but their local media outlets don't care.
JLIdiot, errr DSKIdiot, thanks for reminding me:

TrendingIdiot, where is the friggin' link to an actual comment from MLK himself that he "opposed illegal immigration," as you clearly stated in the OP of the MLK thread?

We're waiting patiently! Originally Posted by bigtex
Everybody knows Republican/MLK "opposed illegal immigration," BGItex, the "FAT WHITE AL SHARPTON".
BZZZZZT.. that's NOT what the question was that was asked. TO review...COG asked " how would you end it? What it is the solution?"

And after a lot of hot air and bloviating.. you failed to ANSWER the question asked.

Speaking of which.. you DO understand that there were FREE BLACKS that owned slaves.. not just the Presidents. Some of the FREE BLACKS in the north also "owned" indentured Irish servants.

So.. tell us again how only BLACKS were treated as slaves? Originally Posted by RedLeg505
I did answer the question there are too many false and phoney people who claim they are Christains yet do the exact opposite of what the bible states. I can say that about Muslims as well but organizations like the KKK proud themselves on being Christians - but where did Jesus say to hate blacks? KKK hate Jews as well I wonder wish they hell did they Jesus background came from -jeez. And the GOP is no different - the most racist people I have come across have always been reublicans.
I did answer the question there are too many false and phoney people who claim they are Christains yet do the exact opposite of what the bible states. I can say that about Muslims as well but organizations like the KKK proud themselves on being Christians - but where did Jesus say to hate blacks? KKK hate Jews as well I wonder wish they hell did they Jesus background came from -jeez. And the GOP is no different - the most racist people I have come across have always been reublicans. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
I give up. He's playing games with us. Well played, "God Fearing Christian".
Segregation
Lets get a comprehensive definition and then we can work for a solution... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
There already has been one for racism for quite some time. All the rest of the shit .. the name calling for instance because someone uses the term "thug" ... is just political/social posturing to put the "thug" user on the defensive and get him or her to quit describing a group of people with an unfavorable term.

Like avoiding the use of the word "terrorist" for someone who cuts heads off!!!
Changing the subject is a popular pastime around here. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Says Pot ... to Kettle.
If it's possible, you're worse at putdowns than LL, and that's fucking saying something. Originally Posted by WombRaider
There you go again, declaring yourself a winner on the internet.

Don't you know better? Little Want-a-be-a-Womb I don't have to put you down on here ... you do it to yourself ... See above . Just like your "partner" below.

All I do is call it to your attention. Just consider them "constructive observations"!
Stop perpetuating racism.
Our government is the worst offender.
Stop identifying race other than the human race.