trump the chump is done

• WTF
  • 09-11-2022, 07:11 AM
... Hee Hee! ... You're making me laugh, mate...

Hillary was the shoo-in... She was WHAT? Six or seven points
ahead on election day? ... CNN, ABC and MSNBC and their
"talking heads" were surely ALL SMILES at the time
most o' the polls closed... Talk-of Hillary breaking that
glass ceiling... How could YOU forget all that??

But then - TRUMP WON! ... And all those newscaster smiles
surely turned to frowns ... And Tears! ...

.... So much for Hillary being "unpopular"....
Just think how much Trump mighta won by IF the government
didn't push the phony Trump/Russia "collusion" bullshit.

And many people are saying "boxes and boxes of votes" aside -
IF the FBI would have Told the TRUTH about the Hunter laptop
and Biden Family shady deals - Trump would have won.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Coulda, woulda, shoulda....you sound like a broken record.

Clinton was running against a Cliwn in 2016 and SHOULDA stomped his ass but she didn't because the Clinton brand was shot. Like I said she was not popular outside a certain segment inside the DNC. NOW I could talk about all the Republican investigations that damaged her brand leading up to 2016 but that would be whining...much like you are doing now.

Politics is a blood sport. The Clinton's and Bush's found out that once the shelf life expires, you're done.

Trump is done....he and his followers just do not realize it yet. *

* Trump may realize it and is just find raising off it and actually may not run. Or does not really want to run but may be forced to to try and pardon himself and others!
Trump won the electorial college against HRC because he flipped swing states Mich, Wisconsin and Penn by a combined total of 77,000 votes. Against Biden Trump lost swing states Mich, Wisconsin,Penn, Ariz and Georgia. I don't see anything that would indicate that these states will go for Trump now. Originally Posted by adav8s28
I don’t see anything to indicate that they wouldn’t, given that their previous choice made the majority of them substantial poorer.
Great. Make sure you vote in all of them again.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH
Can you win if you're wearing an orange jumpsuit that matches your face from prison?
  • WTF
  • 09-11-2022, 08:56 AM
I don’t see anything to indicate that they wouldn’t, given that their previous choice made the majority of them substantial poorer. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Inflation caused by a world wide pandemic is Biden's fault?

Look...I'll agree that both Biden and Trump have passed out way too much money. Both.

But the inflation is neither of their faults .... this whole thing is pandemic driven. And partially Russian. Without the war , you do not have that huge spike in oil prices.

That was a huge problem.
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 09:07 AM
I don’t see anything to indicate that they wouldn’t, given that their previous choice made the majority of them substantial poorer. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
YoY Inflation was 1.4% when Biden came to office.

It popped up to 4.2% in April, 2021 and 5.0% in May, 2021 when $1400 checks called for by the American Rescue Plan were mailed out. This is the same American Rescue Plan that top Democrat economist Larry Summers warned would supercharge inflation. And the same American Rescue Plan that not a single Republican voted for.

In January, 2022, before Russia invaded Ukraine, inflation was already running at 7.5% YoY.

The CPI was up 8.5% YoY in July, the latest month available. Wages were only up 5.5% over the previous year. Real wages have dropped about 3% over the last year and, from memory, I think 4.2% since Biden took office.

You're right, many people are getting poorer.
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 09:29 AM
Trump is far and away the candidate that Republican voters WANT. Originally Posted by Salty Again
Salty, respectfully, because you and I want the same thing more or less, so what.

About 28% of Americans identify as Republicans, 28% as Democrats, and 41% as Independents.

Take a look at this,

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/07/11213...earch-run-2024

Yes, 67% of Republicans want Trump to run in 2024. But an identical number, 67% of independents don't want him to run. And there are more independents than Republicans. Trump would juice turnout for Democrats, who will overwhelmingly vote against Trump. Furthermore, the suburban Republican women and the like won't be as motivated to turn out. Or they'll be like me, and vote for the Libertarian if Trump is on the ballot.

If Trump gets the nomination in 2024, he'll lose.

I voted for Kasich in the 2016 Republican primaries. I liked him a lot, but he wasn't my favorite. I realized he'd be able to beat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders like a drum. I wish Trump fans would look at things similarly in 2024.

... Hee Hee! ... You're making me laugh, mate...

Hillary was the shoo-in... She was WHAT? Six or seven points
ahead on election day? ... CNN, ABC and MSNBC and their
"talking heads" were surely ALL SMILES at the time
most o' the polls closed... Talk-of Hillary breaking that
glass ceiling... How could YOU forget all that??

But then - TRUMP WON! ... And all those newscaster smiles
surely turned to frowns ... And Tears! ...

.... So much for Hillary being "unpopular"....
Just think how much Trump mighta won by IF the government
didn't push the phony Trump/Russia "collusion" bullshit.

And many people are saying "boxes and boxes of votes" aside -
IF the FBI would have Told the TRUTH about the Hunter laptop
and Biden Family shady deals - Trump would have won.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Trump's victory over Clinton was a fluke. There hasn't been an election in the U.S.A. since 1876 where a candidate lost the popular vote by as much as Trump but still won the election. And the 1876 election was given to Rutherford B. Hayes as a quid pro quo for withdrawal of federal troops from the south after the Civil War. Hayes lost the popular vote by 3% and Trump (in 2016) by 2.1%.

And Trump cost Republicans votes in the 2018 and 2020 Congressional elections. Hell, we'd control the Senate if Trump just hadn't run off Jeff Flake from the Senate and then, through his shenanigans in Georgia, discouraged people from voting for Perdue in the runoffs.

Hunter's laptop wouldn't have made a bit of difference. People knew he was a royal fuck up in 2016, just like they do now.
  • WTF
  • 09-11-2022, 09:34 AM

You're right, many people are getting poorer. Originally Posted by Tiny
It looks like they are getting dumber too.

Remember Tiny , just because the Rooster crows as Sunrise emerges, does not mean the Rooster is responsible for the mornings.

You're using some of those same false assumptions you used back in 1980.

We should all dig a little deeper on cause and effect before imprinting
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 10:19 AM
We should all dig a little deeper on cause and effect before imprinting Originally Posted by WTF
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You’re right but you’re the King of “imprinting” without giving thought to cause and effect.
Salty, respectfully, because you and I want the same thing more or less, so what.

About 28% of Americans identify as Republicans, 28% as Democrats, and 41% as Independents.

Take a look at this,

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/07/11213...earch-run-2024

Yes, 67% of Republicans want Trump to run in 2024. But an identical number, 67% of independents don't want him to run. And there are more independents than Republicans. Trump would juice turnout for Democrats, who will overwhelmingly vote against Trump. Furthermore, the suburban Republican women and the like won't be as motivated to turn out. Or they'll be like me, and vote for the Libertarian if Trump is on the ballot.

If Trump gets the nomination in 2024, he'll lose.

I voted for Kasich in the 2016 Republican primaries. I liked him a lot, but he wasn't my favorite. I realized he'd be able to beat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders like a drum. I wish Trump fans would look at things similarly in 2024.

Trump's victory over Clinton was a fluke. If memory serves me correctly, there hadn't been an election in the U.S.A. since 1876 where a candidate lost the popular vote by as much as Trump but still won the election. And the 1876 election was given to Rutherford B. Hayes as a quid pro quo for withdrawal of federal troops from the south after the Civil War. Hayes lost the popular vote by 3% and Trump (in 2016) by 2.1%.

And Trump cost Republicans votes in the 2018 and 2020 Congressional elections. Hell, we'd control the Senate if Trump just hadn't run off Jeff Flake from the Senate and then, through his shenanigans in Georgia, discouraged people from voting for Perdue in the runoffs.

Hunter's laptop wouldn't have made a bit of difference. People knew he was a royal fuck up in 2016, just like they do now. Originally Posted by Tiny
... "Hunter's laptop wouldn't have made a bit of difference"??!

Then WHY did they LIE and Hide It then?
Is it just because the FBI is corrupt? Or...??

#### Salty

But the inflation is neither of their faults .... this whole thing is pandemic driven. And partially Russian. Without the war , you do not have that huge spike in oil prices.

That was a huge problem. Originally Posted by WTF
+1

The price of gasoline at the pump did not start to go up until three to four weeks after Putin had Russia invade the Ukraine. The price of 93 octane went up to $5.25 per gallon in North Dallas. It is now down to $3.47 per gallon at your QTrip or Racetrack service station in North Dallas. At a Shell or Chevron it will be 5 to 10 cents higher.
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 10:50 AM
+1

The price of gasoline at the pump did not start to go up until three to four weeks after Putin had Russia invade the Ukraine. The price of 93 octane went up to $5.25 per gallon in North Dallas. It is now down to $3.47 per gallon at your QTrip or Racetrack service station in North Dallas. At a Shell or Chevron it will be 5 to 10 cents higher. Originally Posted by adav8s28

Way to slap lipstick on a pig adav8s28. The nationwide average retail price of gasoline in January, 2021, when Biden took office was $2.30/gallon. It was $3.60 in mid February, 2022, BEFORE Russia invaded Ukraine. Up 56%. And it was $4.10/gallon in August, the month just passed.

Furthermore YoY CPI inflation in January, 2022 was 7.5%, BEFORE Russia invaded Ukraine.

Way to slap lipstick on a pig adav8s28. The nationwide average retail price of gasoline in January, 2021, when Biden took office was $2.30/gallon. It was $3.60 in mid February, 2022, BEFORE Russia invaded Ukraine. Up 56%. And it was $4.10/gallon in August, the month just passed.

Furthermore YoY CPI inflation in January, 2022 was 7.5%, BEFORE Russia invaded Ukraine. Originally Posted by Tiny

Tiny, your numbers don't agree with the gasbuddy.com chart in the link. The average price for regular gas was $2.84 March 2021 5 weeks after Biden took office. One year later in Jan 2022 the average price for regular $3.28. Look at the price ($4.37) in March of 2022 about a month after Russia invaded the Ukraine the slope of the graph is increasing almost at an exponential rate. In June 2022 the price is $5.02 a gallon See the link below. If you have a link with different numbers, let's see it. Bottom line: The price of gas went up much higher after Russia invaded Ukraine. The graph does not lie. My numbers in post #41 are consistent with the graph. I was talking about 93 octane not 87 octane (Regular gas).

You are still a good amateur virologist.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts
  • Tiny
  • 09-11-2022, 12:02 PM

Tiny, your numbers don't agree with the gasbuddy.com chart in the link. The average price for regular gas was $2.84 March 2021 5 weeks after Biden took office. One year later in Jan 2022 the average price for regular $3.28. Look at the price in March of 2022 about a month after Russia invaded the Ukraine the slope of the graph is increasing almost at an exponential rate. See the link below. If you have a link with different numbers, let's see it. Bottom line: The price of gas went up much higher after Russia invaded Ukraine. The graph does not lie.

You are still a good amateur virologist.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/charts Originally Posted by adav8s28
I had looked at Energy Information Agency data, from the Department of Energy earlier today and made the mistake of not revisiting the site instead of posting based on memory. But my memory was pretty damn close.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...te_nus_dpg&f=m

Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24, 2022. Biden took office on January 20, 2021.

The average price of retail gasoline, all formulations, was $2.420 in January, 2021 and $3.611 in February, 2022. That’s an increase of 49.2%.

I’ll go with the EIA over gasbuddy.
The big cheeto is stale. Aint got no salt. For America and Republicans the orange one should disappear or stfu. I dont care which.