Scary movies

• MC
  • 10-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Though i did think the original Nightmare On Elm Street was pretty scary. Originally Posted by Doove
It is, although I do think it's funny how easily Nancy was able to kick his ass once he was pulled into the real world.
  • Doove
  • 10-29-2014, 05:06 PM
...more than 50% of all murder victims are black ...yet blacks are only 13% of the population ...and fewer than 20% of those murdered are killed by someone of another race

...if the black population in merica were a separate country ...its murder rate would be higher than honduras ...the most violent country in the world Originally Posted by Plastic Man
Pointing out that poor people kill poor people with a greater regularity than the rest of the population doesn't do anything to refute my point.

But nice try.
Pointing out that poor people kill poor people with a greater regularity than the rest of the population doesn't do anything to refute my point.

But nice try. Originally Posted by Doove
once again ...always ignore the numbers

...yer point?

...ya mean the people kept ...poor ...by liberal welfare in exchange for mindless voting blocs?

...or the statistical fact unarmed blacks are nearly never ...if ever ...gunned down by whites ...cops or otherwise ...fer no reason?

...or that blacks never take to the streets to protest the ...never ending ...murder of unarmed blacks by other blacks?

...fact is ...poor blacks kill each other at a ...higher rate ...than poor whites ...and yer theory is also ...shit ...cause typical "poor" blacks in merica gots more than typical "poor" hondurans ...but still kill each other at a higher rate

...but plastic man forgets ...you dont have more than a high school edumacation and get yer facts from ...political shows on a comedy cable channel
  • Doove
  • 10-30-2014, 02:07 PM
once again ...always ignore the numbers Originally Posted by Plastic Man
Adding context is more like it.

Seems that suggesting racism exists is about the only thing that truly gets you feeling somewhat defensive.

Interesting, that.
I love the paranormal movies..they are the ones that scare the daylights outa me...lol Originally Posted by aj14620
I just saw a movie called the poughkeepsie tapes. Holy shit, talk about creepy. It's a mock documentary, some of the acting is a little less than average, but it's still creepy none the less.
It starts of by the FBI finding a bunch of tapes in a house, as well as a woman in a box. She had been kept ias a sexual slave locked in the basememt. Throughout the movie it shows clips of the tapes, kidnapping, torture, and murder, as well as mock interviews of the FBI and the families of the victims he had. All in all, it waswas goodgood. Creeped me out, which was the while purpose lol.
holy crap!!! thats crazy...think about it..they gotta get the idea from someplace!!

thank goodness stephen king and tim burton write books and make movies..otherwise what would they be doin..(kinda a scary thought..)

I saw the conjuring..that freaked me out..ive seen just about all the paranormal activity movies ..they rock and creep cuz well lots of folks have ghosts and Ive myself delt with some spooky things so i tend to believe it happens..
i check out as many as i can even the low grade budget ones..im kinda weird..but arent we all..

right now though..its cowboys verses zombies..
Adding context is more like it.

Seems that suggesting racism exists is about the only thing that truly gets you feeling somewhat defensive.

Interesting, that. Originally Posted by Doove
once again ...you run in the face of statistics

...then again ...thats to be expected by someone who gets their talking points from cable tv comedy channels

...yep ...racism sure does exist ...always has always will ...especially among those "poor" minorities the "progressives" love to keep oppressed and contained to secure precious ...voting blocs
holy crap!!! thats crazy...think about it..they gotta get the idea from someplace!!

thank goodness stephen king and tim burton write books and make movies..otherwise what would they be doin..(kinda a scary thought..)

I saw the conjuring..that freaked me out..ive seen just about all the paranormal activity movies ..they rock and creep cuz well lots of folks have ghosts and Ive myself delt with some spooky things so i tend to believe it happens..
i check out as many as i can even the low grade budget ones..im kinda weird..but arent we all..

right now though..its cowboys verses zombies.. Originally Posted by aj14620
They basically took a bunch of serial killers MO'S and mixed them together to make one crazy, sick, and twisted serial killer. The movie is so realistic! you never know what the hell is going on with your neighbors, who knows Maybe they have a sex slave locked in the basement. That's why movies like that are so scary to me, the realism of it. I did a little googling, and there are many cases, new and old where there are girls who have been held for years on end and one day broke free. Gahhh I have to stop thinking about it now lol.

Yes, thank god they write books!! God only knows what sickos they could be turned out to be. Hey ya never know, they might have some crazy shit going om behind closed doors, and that might be their ammunition for their books

The paranormal activity movies are very good, even I enjoy them without really being into the whole paranormal thing. I believe the Poughkeepsie tapes was a low budget film, not sure. But sometimes low budget horror is the best. Sometimes the special effects are sooooo exaggerated that it ruins the movie. There's nothing like an old 70's horror movie, before all the crazy special effects have you ever checked out the Sundance films? Some of those are very well done as well. You can check them out if you have the box for time warner. They're on the movie Chanel under the free section.

Well now that I wrote you a novel, be safe and have a good halloween!!
old school movies...

https://www.google.com/search?q=scar...w=1680&bih=925

( not sure why the pic of the golden girls got in there..lol..)
old school movies...

https://www.google.com/search?q=scar...w=1680&bih=925

( not sure why the pic of the golden girls got in there..lol..) Originally Posted by aj14620
Those are some of the best!! I remember being little and watching some movie called "wrong number" or something of the sort, scared the beejebuz out of me!
Everytime I babysit for a friend some freak calls and its a wrong number..(gulp)!
Everytime I babysit for a friend some freak calls and its a wrong number..(gulp)! Originally Posted by aj14620
Bwahahahaha I just pictured some creep hiding in the house calling you from the closet, and the police track the caller to inside the house and all of a sudden he pops out and starts chasing you.... Now that I think of it, isn't that a movie already?!? Haha
For a newer film, I'd recommend Oculus, which is about an evil mirror. The hot Redhead from Doctor Who is in it, which is a plus.
Originally Posted by MC
Oculus is trending 8% on Rotten Tomatoes. Did you see it and its not that bad or are you going off the trailer?
Anything by Hitchcock...more suspense/twist than scary, though. He was--and still is--the master.