I Confess...I am a HUGE PRINCE FAN!!!

Satin, how are you my man? It has been awhile. Yeah you know I could not resist not adding a response concerning the Purple Man. Originally Posted by jamiestarr
Thought you had totally fallen off the map.................What's up Man!
Same here DM, favorite Artist of all times and arguably one of the most talented. When he put out his first album at 18,(For You) he produced, wrote, sang all lyrics and played all the instruments(27). Unheard of... I have never missed a Prince concert and he's the only person I care to see...

Damn DM, what got you thinking of Prince? Originally Posted by Satin

Prince also produced and wrote all the songs and played all the instruments on The Time first two albums. The band was put together after the album was done. The first show they didn't even know all the music.......The band had to eventually learn all the music and how to play before they actually went on a national tour.

Morris Day lived down the street......child hood friends so he put that group together for him.

This was one of the reasons Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis left the group. Prince would not allow them to have any input or do any of their own songs.

During that time Prince used the name Jamie Starr or Alexander Nevermind on songs and artist material he didn't want known he was behind.........
Prince also produced and wrote all the songs and played all the instruments on The Time first two albums. The band was put together after the album was done. The first show they didn't even know all the music.......The band had to eventually learn all the music and how to play before they actually went on a national tour.

Morris Day lived down the street......child hood friends so he put that group together for him.

This was one of the reasons Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis left the group. Prince would not allow them to have any input or do any of their own songs.

During that time Prince used the name Jamie Starr or Alexander Nevermind on songs and artist material he didn't want known he was behind......... Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
Big Ike, what's happening man? Yeah that's why I chose my board name JamieStarr. People forget that Prince is not only master guitarist but the man has written some the greatest funk jams in the past 40 years.

Get It Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3baswqxdYhU

The Walk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_QM4...eature=related

Nasty Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2Hw9Z_OTc

Screams of Passion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zduBiRZw8
Jamie Starr...Damn Bruh long time no see!! I knew this thread would wake your ass up.

Kerwil, I think you got them all covered. I like that you mentioned Django Rheinhart and also Wes Montgomery.

Pat Methany is also incredible!! Damn, I forgot George Benson can play and sing!???

I also remember being in the 8th grade..showing my age..and hearing "Soft and Wet" on the school bus headed to Johnston Junior High...OUCH?? All of the ladies had Prince Book Covers??? Originally Posted by DarthMaul
Darth...you know me and Prince man..lol. Yeah it's been a minute my brutha, hope to see you guys soon. You, Big Ike and of course Satin.
Prince was my heart throb in the '80s. Nothing made me hotter then his sexy look and voice. He still has some of my fav songs to get nasty too.......Cream, oh YES baby......

During that time Prince used the name Jamie Starr or Alexander Nevermind on songs and artist material he didn't want known he was behind......... Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
I've read that Morris played drums on the first two Time albums instead of Prince. And Jesse Johnson didn't play on the first record but he did play guitar on some songs on the second record. What I wanna know is who played that wild ass guitar solo on 777-9311. Could be either Jesse or Prince(I always thought it was Jesse). And Jimmy Jam did play that mini-moog keyboard solo on Wild And Loose. And let's not forget about Jellybean, the drummer who played a LOT of guitar on a lot of Jam/Lewis
productions(he ain't no slouch either).

Once the band did learn the music, dance steps, and all, they put on a killer live show! Prince worked those bruthas HARD!!
JamieStarr whattup bruh!!! Long time no see!!
  • Satin
  • 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM
This has now turned into a "hey, what's up Jamie, long time no see, we miss you bro" thread...lol

A reunion in order?
What I wanna know is who played that wild ass guitar solo on 777-9311. Could be either Jesse or Prince(I always thought it was Jesse). Originally Posted by kerwil62
yeah bruh i'm thinking it was jesse, or it could have been dez, his style was kinda wild as well.

let
Since we are all going there, guess who the original lead singer of "The Time" was?

Yep...You guessed correctly!
does anyone remember this jam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Z-kE08P1U
Prince helped me get laid once way back in the day. I was tearing up the dance floor with a nasty ho, to when doves cry. Went back to her place and was fucking her good, looked at the nightstand and saw a picture of a marine, asked the ho,who's that, she said that's my boyfriend. I said where is he, she said out with friends, I gave her a few more pumps, blasted my goo on demand as quickly as possible and got the f out!! Semper Fi!!
I've read that Morris played drums on the first two Time albums instead of Prince. And Jesse Johnson didn't play on the first record but he did play guitar on some songs on the second record. What I wanna know is who played that wild ass guitar solo on 777-9311. Could be either Jesse or Prince(I always thought it was Jesse). And Jimmy Jam did play that mini-moog keyboard solo on Wild And Loose. And let's not forget about Jellybean, the drummer who played a LOT of guitar on a lot of Jam/Lewis
productions(he ain't no slouch either).

Once the band did learn the music, dance steps, and all, they put on a killer live show! Prince worked those bruthas HARD!! Originally Posted by kerwil62

In 1981, Prince formed a side project band called The Time. The band released four albums between 1981 and 1990, with Prince writing and performing most of the instrumentation and backing vocals, with lead vocals by Morris Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_(musician)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Day
Morris Day was Fly as a MFer!!! Prolly still is, I like the way he dressed, wish I could pull that off!!!
JamieStarr whattup bruh!!! Long time no see!! Originally Posted by kerwil62
Kerwil...what's going on man?