Thread Moves

JB,

This forum has long been usurped and made unreadable for those of us who don't come to ECCIE.net for political discussions.

That being said, I never thought D & T had much traction, but now at least the forum's original charter may have some meaning.

Maybe a politics only forum could be started for those who are interested.

Awl4knot Originally Posted by awl4knot
Actually, the Sandbox was intended for all non-hobby subjects which would include politics.
There is no doubt that most of the ladies who migrated here from HDH at ASPD have left. Brother WTF and I differ on why.
From speaking with them, they resented some of the newer ladies not treating them with due respect - and I don't mean they wanted to be bowed down to - just common courtesy. And, they got tired of the constant bashing, name calling and rehashing of the same old, same old constantly.
I hope we'll get at least some of them come back. They were good and valuable posters.
There is no doubt that most of the ladies who migrated here from HDH at ASPD have left. Brother WTF and I differ on why.
From speaking with them, they resented some of the newer ladies not treating them with due respect - and I don't mean they wanted to be bowed down to - just common courtesy. And, they got tired of the constant bashing, name calling and rehashing of the same old, same old constantly.
I hope we'll get at least some of them come back. They were good and valuable posters. Originally Posted by John Bull
JB- I think the "respect" issue goes both ways...and it was not one sided...

I also don't respect people solely based on their age, I feel respect is something that is earned. Just my .02
  • WTF
  • 06-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Calling them that might have contributed. Originally Posted by pjorourke

I did not mean that as in 'present age' but as in 'how long they had been here'. Notice I said newer ladies not younger. That is also part of the problem....sometimes people see problems where none exist!

The older ladies would not listen to my advice and be nice to the newer ladies Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 06-23-2011, 02:19 PM
I hope we'll get at least some of them come back. They were good and valuable posters. Originally Posted by John Bull
Some wanted bowed down to, whether they believe it or not is another story.

Becky wasn't one of them just to be clear and to tell you the truth I miss that dog of hers!

I wish the ones that left on their own and the banned ones would all Kiss and make up and come back and show us old coggers the pictures.
I wish the ones that left on their own and the banned ones would all Kiss and make up and come back and show us old coggers the pictures. Originally Posted by WTF
+1 WTF - How about July 1st amnesty or something like that?? And we all promise to be nice(r).....
I did not mean that as in 'present age' but as in 'how long they had been here'. Notice I said newer ladies not younger.
Originally Posted by WTF
Gee, I can't imagine a woman misinterpreting that.
+1 WTF - How about July 1st amnesty or something like that?? And we all promise to be nice(r)..... Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
I suspect they have found a new club house.
  • WTF
  • 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM
+1 WTF - How about July 1st amnesty or something like that?? And we all promise to be nice(r)..... Originally Posted by Ed Highlight

PJ has plenty of room for improvement but I can't be any nicer, they broke the niceness mold when they made me

Where is that bullshit smilee?
  • WTF
  • 06-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Gee, I can't imagine a woman misinterpreting that. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Like I said.......

. That is also part of the problem....sometimes people see problems where none exist!

Originally Posted by WTF

I suspect they have found a new club house. Originally Posted by pjorourke

Well then maybe the present newer ladies that are now our older ladies, not to be confused with old as in age wise old but in time spent in this forum old, will be more welcoming of the newer ladies, should any appear.

My guess is there will be some poor ( poor as in oblivious, not poor in $) stumbling along at some point unwary of the hell this forum once was. I might even by that time acquired the skills to figure out who the people that want to see bad in every post I have ever written, I will have a potion concocted by then to counter that silliness.
JB- I think the "respect" issue goes both ways...and it was not one sided...

I also don't respect people solely based on their age, I feel respect is something that is earned. Just my .02 Originally Posted by Valerie
I didn't say anything about folks being respected because of their age. We all know how women feel about others referring to their age and I read enough to know that that was done more than a few times.

What I said was that they were not treated with the respect due folks who have been around this Board and Boards before. WTF and I disagree but that's the way I see it.

It's also true that there was a general snarkiness across this Forum. Not just among the ladies but among the men too. We're going to fix that!

As to some of the ladies who were relative newcomers, I think the fact that they were banned in other Forums speaks loads!!
Oh, and by the way Valerie, I'm truly glad you're here. You bring a great perspective and I think you'll be a valued member of this Forum. Welcome!
Look folks....and I say this as someone that appreciates that words have meaning and precision in language matters...

....but let's call a spade a spade...this place went south...let's not try to dodge the question by resorting to semantics and the whole, "what I said/meant really was..." game...you (plural, not meant at anyone specifically) aren't fooling anyone....

...and the exodus didn't happen over night nor as a result of a single post.
Look folks....and I say this as someone that appreciates that words have meaning and precision in language matters...

....but let's call a spade a spade...this place went south...let's not try to dodge the question by resorting to semantics and the whole, "what I said/meant really was..." game...you (plural, not meant at anyone specifically) aren't fooling anyone....

...and the exodus didn't happen over night nor as a result of a single post. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Word!