Is ECCIE Political Section bias in Moderation? Otherwise, where is everyone?

• WTF
  • 07-17-2022, 09:06 AM
Wha?!?! Say it ain't so.
Our dear ol' ellen possibly guilty of the above?! And it was her who stated libtards are a bunch of hate mongering meanies. Originally Posted by Precious_b
Ellen got banned?

Somebody start a thread listing who has been banned and who is crying about those being banned.

We can call it our Woke thread
And Encouraged to return to the original topic.
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
  • WTF
  • 07-17-2022, 04:05 PM
And Encouraged to return to the original topic. Originally Posted by biomed1
So this thread seems to be about biased moderation.

Who do we ask to find out if this is true?

We can't ask the banned members!

What about these horseshit threads....like this one. Do we have to stay on topic?
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
Well, come back and find another one who has posted here in time out.

And so much for WTF asking for a roll call on those there.

It would be really nice for those that are allowed to play here again to tell us why it was wrong they were put on the do-not-allow list. *IF* a bias is being exhibited, than it would be feedback.

BUT if they truly broke the rules here, it would also be nice to see them fess up to it. Also show them that all the wrongs they heap upon the libbys are being done by themselves. Personally, I think it would be a cold day in the double toothpicks place before they'd admit that. Even the people that side with those that are banned are too scared to post here and resort to PM me. How are you gonna take care of a possible problem if you aren't gonna post in the open?!

I know Mods have a bias. But it is displayed by playing favourites amongst their Provider buddies at least (Hey! We gotta keep up that myth of free pussy for the Mods since no one pays jack for their work here.) But in the Political section....just a bunch of loud mouth dicks. (Sorry ellen )
  • WTF
  • 08-02-2022, 07:59 AM
Many years ago, it used to be most people were liberal on some issues, conservative on others. Now too many of us either cling to our "tribes" on all issues, or are stereotyped and perceived that way.

You know it's bad when people who might be inclined to agree with you won't do so, because they think you're on the "other side" and they don't want to give you the emotional satisfaction of expressing agreement with your viewpoint.

Bottom line - if people were less fucking predictable in their political views, it would be impossible to accuse the mods of bias or unduly favoring one "tribe" over another. Originally Posted by lustylad
Excellent post... you'd have way less points were you to stay on this posting plane.

It seems you have slipped a bit of late, maybe this can be a reminder of your potential.
Excellent post... you'd have way less points were you to stay on this posting plane.

It seems you have slipped a bit of late, maybe this can be a reminder of your potential. Originally Posted by WTF
+1

Keep that up and he might even earn his way off my ignore list. … LOL!

Nah.
Wouldn't it be great if all the chimps in this forum could live up to their Simian "potential"?
  • WTF
  • 08-02-2022, 08:16 AM
Wouldn't it be great if all the chimps in this forum could live up to their Simian "potential"? Originally Posted by lustylad
Awwww....there you go calling names again.

Would it be mod bias if you were to get pointed?
I dont see the pf being moderated by any bias.
While I was at Band camp you guys went way over board and attracted too much attention. So much so that we have an admin getting control of the forum. A little heavy handed but its fair and he gives posted warnings daily. Yet some just ignore it?????? This is all cyclical. If we learned to stop the rtm game, we would have our flexibility in posting back. Within reason.
I felt there was lots of bias in previous years. Not so much now. More posters from the right are getting whacked because there are just a lot more of them nowadays.

Those of us who got whacked repeatedly for the same violations that seemingly weren’t being assessed to others making similar if not worse comments learned how to survive.

However, as a result of the “unmoderated” time, a whole new generation of shit talkers who never understood the rules joined our forum. I don’t necessarily agree with a lot of the rules, but there are some that are inviolate. Others seem to be arbitrarily enforced.

WD is right about the rtm game. You want to play bait and snitch, it’ll come back on you sooner or later.

Stay thirsty my friends.
YR...can you bring HoseHummer back
YR...can you bring HoseHummer back Originally Posted by bb1961
I don't think so... it appears YR's alter ego has been perma-banned.

HoeHummer
BANNED

About HoeHummer

Biography
I love humming hoes

Occupation
Humming hoes

Interests
Motorboating
Would it be mod bias if I were to get pointed for 1) falsely impersonating a mod and 2) ignoring a real mod's warning not to hijack this thread? Originally Posted by WTF
Absolutely not.
The RTM "game"?
It seems pretty straight forward.

Pressing the RTM button on a post that hasn't violated the rules does nothing. Press it for every post a person makes does nothing if the posts have no violations.

The button is there for a reason. The mod can't be expected to read every single thread and every single reply looking for violations.
If someone hits the RTM for a post, the mod will look at that particular post.
No violation, no points.
If there is a violation, it gets points.
If somebody overuses the button, they'll be the little boy who cried wolf and fuck themselves.

I think it's funny when somebody whines about someone pressing the button. Even funnier when they accuse a specific person of doing it.
And of course the funniest is hearing someone claim it's chickenshit to use it.
My take on that is that those are the people pushing the button the most.

Bottom line is take personal responsibility for what you post instead of blaming the button or the people that push it.

I dont see the pf being moderated by any bias.
While I was at Band camp you guys went way over board and attracted too much attention. So much so that we have an admin getting control of the forum. A little heavy handed but its fair and he gives posted warnings daily. Yet some just ignore it?????? This is all cyclical. If we learned to stop the rtm game, we would have our flexibility in posting back. Within reason. Originally Posted by winn dixie