Obama's Foreign policy and National Security Part 2

In the aftermath of 9/11 the Shrub wasn't able to find his ass with both hands, even if he had a friggin' mirror. Originally Posted by bigtex
Speaking of looking back ....

.... is that because you got nothin' to look forward to?

[IMG]http://media.620wtmj.com/images/640*480/620wtmj_080211train1.JPG[/IMG]

See what happens?
Speaking of looking back ....

.... is that because you got nothin' to look forward to? Originally Posted by LexusLover
We have plenty to look forward to. America is final withdrawing with dignity from a 8 1/2 year mistake that cost this country $1 trillion and resulted in the worst financial crisis since The Great Depression and 4500+ American lives. A foreign policy mistake only eclipsed in recent American history by the Vietnam War. It was a mistake you supported each and every step of the way. BTW, where are those WMD's anyway?

GW lost focus on the perpetrators of 9/11. Fortunately, Obama regained America's focus. As a result OBL sleeps with the fishes!
We have plenty to look forward to. America is final withdrawing with dignity from a 8 1/2 year mistake that cost this country $1 trillion and resulted in the worst financial crisis since The Great Depression and 4500+ American lives. A foreign policy mistake only eclipsed in recent American history by the Vietnam War. It was a mistake you supported each and every step of the way. BTW, where are those WMD's anyway?

GW lost focus on the perpetrators of 9/11. Fortunately, Obama regained America's focus. As a result OBL sleeps with the fishes! Originally Posted by bigtex
Bigtex have you heard the GOP contenders blast Obama for bringing the troops home by 12-31-11? Newt Gingrich said the move would not be a withdrawal but rather a defeat. Perry and Romney says that "leaving" by 2011 is letting the enemies know our plans and that a gradual withdrawal should be in place.
Bigtex have you heard the GOP contenders blast Obama for bringing the troops home by 12-31-11? Newt Gingrich said the move would not be a withdrawal but rather a defeat. Perry and Romney says that "leaving" by 2011 is letting the enemies know our plans and that a gradual withdrawal should be in place. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Yes, I am aware of it! They are eating the same fruitcake that LexusLover has been dining on for the past 8 1/2 years.

I suspect that LL was for GW's 12/31/11 withdrawal date from Iraq before he was against Obama's decision to do the same! What is your position, LL?
Yes, I am aware of it! They are eating the same fruitcake that LexusLover has been dining on for the past 8 1/2 years. Originally Posted by bigtex
LMFAO- I can't believe none of their advisers have told them how unpopular the Iraq war is in the United States as well as the cost and the lives lost. Easy way to put it- the longer we are in Iraq the more tax paying dollars it will cost and the potential to lose more lives- what are the GOP strategist thinking??? Well at least Ron Paul got it right.
  • Laz
  • 10-23-2011, 02:51 PM
The only thing I find amusing about the decision to pull out of Iraq is Obama saying that he accomplished it when he simply followed an agreement Bush had created. Then when people criticize it he blames Bush for the agreement.

For the record I am not sure what the best thing to do is so I am not criticizing Obama for pulling the troops out.
Unemployment will still be 9%.
The only thing I find amusing about the decision to pull out of Iraq is Obama saying that he accomplished it when he simply followed an agreement Bush had created. Then when people criticize it he blames Bush for the agreement.

For the record I am not sure what the best thing to do is so I am not criticizing Obama for pulling the troops out. Originally Posted by Laz
Laz I disagree in his speech he mentioned that he was going to honor the agreement also- his campaign message was to end the war- but Laz do you agree that it's a mistake on the GOP to say that it's a bad move to move the troops out by 2011?
  • Laz
  • 10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Laz I disagree in his speech he mentioned that he was going to honor the agreement also- his campaign message was to end the war- but Laz do you agree that it's a mistake on the GOP to say that it's a bad move to move the troops out by 2011? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
I have mixed emotions on the decision. I can see where it would be beneficial to stay to some degree to help maintain stability. On the flip side I am not sure the cost of one soldiers life would be worth it. Those guys need to figure out what they want and do it on their own. We need to let them know there are consequences of fucking with us outside their borders.

I am getting annoyed with Iran attacking us. I would let them know the next direct or indirect attack would cost them their entire navy and if they continued I would destroy ther military capability.

As to your question on the GOP criticizing Obama I would not say it is a mistake. It is a difference of opinion but they need to be careful not to go overboard with it.
I have mixed emotions on the decision. I can see where it would be beneficial to stay to some degree to help maintain stability. On the flip side I am not sure the cost of one soldiers life would be worth it. Those guys need to figure out what they want and do it on their own. We need to let them know there are consequences of fucking with us outside their borders.

I am getting annoyed with Iran attacking us. I would let them know the next direct or indirect attack would cost them their entire navy and if they continued I would destroy ther military capability.

As to your question on the GOP criticizing Obama I would not say it is a mistake. It is a difference of opinion but they need to be careful not to go overboard with it. Originally Posted by Laz
Thanks for your honest opinion LAZ I agree with you but I just think the time to leave has come and gone we should have been out long time ago.
President Obama cannot possible win the next the election, but the Republicans are proving that they have the full capability of losing it. A bad idea to get out of Iraq? Are you fucking kidding me? It would be a defeat? How? What did we go there to win? Nothing. If we never wanted to win, we can't be defeated. And if there was nothing to win, we should never have been there.

Don't wait. Get them home for Thanksgiving. Or Halloween, even.

God, Republicans are stupid.
I don't know if the republican candidates have gotten the news yet regarding the Iraq pullout.

It appears that Obama wanted to extend the troop stay as many in the U.S. military do not think Iraq military is ready to take over the task of defending and policing the country. in this particular case, Obama's hand is tied. the Iraq govt. wants american troops to leave. It would have been extremely difficult to pull off deal where U.S. troops can stay with a limited presence. The road block here in this case is the Pentagons' unwillingness to allow its service people to be subject to Iraqi law when crimes are committed, the Iraqis apparently are willing to let U.S. troops stay under this circumstances.
What's wrong with Iraqi law? I thought we were turning them into a freedom loving democracy? Certainly there is nothing wrong with what the Iraqis have established. Is there?
  • Laz
  • 10-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Obama would be destroyed if he allowed the Iraqi government to charge US troops. Why would anyone put our troops at risk like that. The idea they would receive fair treatment and not be used for political gain is beyond belief.

On this point he made the correct decision. His administrations inability to negotiate better could be criticized and I think that is what the republicans have criticized.

I don't know if the republican candidates have gotten the news yet regarding the Iraq pullout.

It appears that Obama wanted to extend the troop stay as many in the U.S. military do not think Iraq military is ready to take over the task of defending and policing the country. in this particular case, Obama's hand is tied. the Iraq govt. wants american troops to leave. It would have been extremely difficult to pull off deal where U.S. troops can stay with a limited presence. The road block here in this case is the Pentagons' unwillingness to allow its service people to be subject to Iraqi law when crimes are committed, the Iraqis apparently are willing to let U.S. troops stay under this circumstances. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Obama would be destroyed if he allowed the Iraqi government to charge US troops. Why would anyone put our troops at risk like that. The idea they would receive fair treatment and not be used for political gain is beyond belief.

On this point he made the correct decision. His administrations inability to negotiate better could be criticized and I think that is what the republicans have criticized. Originally Posted by Laz
+1