Hey! My name is Kay! lol

Did something go over my head? That happens from time to time lol
Not at all. I was just patting myself on the back. Caesar is full of himself you know. (It's all part of the schtick.)
Not at all. I was just patting myself on the back. Caesar is full of himself you know. (It's all part of the schtick.) Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Until Brutus emptied it.
tu quoque, fili mi
Suetonius, in his Life of Julius Caesar he relates that Caesar's last words were in Greek. "Kai su teknon."
BTW you get 2 imaginary points Unique_Carpenter for not quoting "Et tu, Brute"

"Et tu, Brute" is from Shakespeare, who admitted he intentionally changed the phrase, cause his audience wouldn't understand it. This is common knowledge among stage folks that have worked that material. So I'll take the points and I’ll double down, as the phrases you and I reference are a similar statement, just Latin vs. Greek.

But why would a natural born Roman speak Greek to another Roman in a moment of terror? Why was Seuetonius’ later works all in Greek? Was Seuetonius actually a native Roman? Or is there more at play here? Is it possible that Seuetonius has Grecian family heritage and he simply went native for a critical point of narrative?

I'm tempted to toss a Greek history lesson onto the board, but everyone would glaze over. So I guess my double down goes the way of our whiskey bottle banter. Unless you really want to hear a story of Thessaly/Macedonian Heavy Calvary. A more recent short version of which is just to the left.

But, if you don't want to have me holding the points over your head, you can redeem the points if you can connect Seuetonius to your namesake. Probably a much more difficult task than a gal friend of mine getting luckily with a dart throw and doubling out to win on a heavy bar tab bet.
I have held off. No one here has a clue sir.
Nor do they care I wager. However do you work with wood? Your sig?
Apologies to Kay for the hijack.

Full wood shop. Custom stuff that folks think up, or I help them think up, or something they want modified/repaired. I subcontract some finish work to an upholstery shop. I have a client/vendor that can furnish heavy timber as smooth as a gal's derriere with a first coat of finish on it. Just a part-time hobby but it works out nicely as I place value my time, unless of course, a gal smiles, then….
Currently working on parts replacement for an old large oak roll top desk for a close friend (who smiled).
I didn't think of southern white oak for the USS Constitution. I was thinking of a black walnut secretary desk. Bees wax and Ethiopian black-wood bookcases. Columnes and arches.
This is the most awesome hijack ever. You were talking greek and I mean c'mon who doesn't love greek... and wood ....well that's a no brainer. Be advised you can hijack me all ya want and 9 times out of 10 im turning it into a dirty joke. Lol CARRY ON...
Sigh.
Sigh. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Yeeeeeeah... you like that don't you .. hehehe .. u totally left yourself open for that one
You still haven't answered me. And my opinion will not change when tomorrow comes.
You can feign indifference. You can blame me for my reputation. But this will not defer my want. To be told that is all there is. Want. Lust. I have no shame in this.
The flame licks up along the fuel. Heating up the nethers. You didn't want to dance. But there is no choice. The rhythm. The beat. The heat. Open your eyes if you can girl. Your hips are in tune. Your ribs and your waist are under someone else's control. Your eyes try to open but you can only smile in your attempt. Ooh you're so warm. So in tune. So happy. Not because someone made it so. But because you wanted it so. You are in tune because it is what you wanted. Nay what you demanded. The lights flicker. No the lights dance to you. For you. They worship you.
LOL. Ty ty.