Booking/Keeping appointments and meeting

I had time to rethink the whole thing. I just made an appointment on Jan 6th 2022 with a provider I have wanted to see. I have been walking around with wood all morning.
I had time to rethink the whole thing. I just made an appointment on Jan 6th 2022 with a provider I have wanted to see. I have been walking around with wood all morning. Originally Posted by brianjackson
What time?

I dont want her to be double booked.
What time?

I dont want her to be double booked. Originally Posted by splitlicker

Not sure yet. I am supposed to text her on Nov 12th 2020 to confirm time.
My preference is to schedule one to two weeks ahead then confirm the day before. Originally Posted by Tiger
I normally just call
yo girl ya busy
when
now
I will call you in 4 hours
latter
you still up
yes
I will call latter
etc
"HEY"
yah?
click
hello...............
hello.........?
  • Bluee
  • 09-11-2015, 07:17 AM
I think it all depends on the situation. I prefer to book in advance. This way, I can make arrangements to actually keep the appointments. However, sometimes life gets in the way, and it is my duty to warn the other party well in advance that I would not be able to keep the appointment. I expect the same from them.

On the other hand, there are times when I unexpectedly have some free time to play, or the real life situation takes me where I know I can play. So, I ask if they are available.

However, because the type of provider I am attracted to (ones who don't do just this for a living, but are also in it for the hobby it self), they are often are not available on such short notice, which I respect and understand. On many occasions, my "spur of the moment" requests were met with an offer to meet at an alternate time, which was still convenient for both (or more) of us.

Back to the topic, it is just a common courtesy to let the other party know in advance if you can not keep the appointment, instead of stringing them along, and then disappearing, which I see mostly with the Millennials generation, not just in the hobby, but in real life too.

It feels like it has been pounded in their head that you can not have a negative response. There is a definite and observable difference in behavior between Gen X/Y and the Millennials. It is not just because of their age, it is the way they have been raised for the last 25 years (everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy...)
Not sure yet. I am supposed to text her on Nov 12th 2020 to confirm time. Originally Posted by brianjackson
Well, lmk.
I think it all depends on the situation. I prefer to book in advance. This way, I can make arrangements to actually keep the appointments. However, sometimes life gets in the way, and it is my duty to warn the other party well in advance that I would not be able to keep the appointment. I expect the same from them.

On the other hand, there are times when I unexpectedly have some free time to play, or the real life situation takes me where I know I can play. So, I ask if they are available.

However, because the type of provider I am attracted to (ones who don't do just this for a living, but are also in it for the hobby it self), they are often are not available on such short notice, which I respect and understand. On many occasions, my "spur of the moment" requests were met with an offer to meet at an alternate time, which was still convenient for both (or more) of us.

Back to the topic, it is just a common courtesy to let the other party know in advance if you can not keep the appointment, instead of stringing them along, and then disappearing, which I see mostly with the Millennials generation, not just in the hobby, but in real life too.

It feels like it has been pounded in their head that you can not have a negative response. There is a definite and observable difference in behavior between Gen X/Y and the Millennials. It is not just because of their age, it is the way they have been raised for the last 25 years (everyone is a winner, everyone gets a trophy...) Originally Posted by Bluee
Special Olympians ??
Everyone's life gets in the way some times. I've driven up to hotels before and called for a room number to have a person never answer me till a hour or two later. Both from this site and others. When I say I'm not coming back because I had already waited 20-30 minutes for a call I usually get bitched out by the provider for being a time waster when it was them that wasted my time.

My life is hectic at the moment so when I get a chance to hobby it's usually last minute. And it's a pain in the ass to find a provider that is available last minute besides back page sadly. And I just don't really feel the need to waste my time with that site anymore.
  • NC-17
  • 09-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi

Before my hiatus and after I've had a lot of people being no-shows and I'm not really sure why /: I'd like to know reasons why people just text/ email you up until 30 to 15 minutes before an appointment to then never show up? Is it usually nerves or not being comfortable with the location...? or what are other reasons to just back out with no explanation?

Also, do you prefer making appointments in advance or just calling a provider and meeting her within and hour or so?

Thanks ! Originally Posted by KeiraLeone
Many of the gents here including my self at times contact 30 min to an hr ahead due to "the urge to release." (I only contact in this fashion with someone I am comfortable with). In fact many of the reviews here begin with a statement or story in that fashion. Why people don't show up or Why do they cancel last min? Who knows.
I do agree with some of the posts here that it goes both ways. It seems to me that if someone does not have anything to loose (time, money, sacrifice) its easy for them to blow off an appt.

I prefer making appts in advanced and as stated by others here, I contact the evening before or the morning of the appt to ensure we are still on.

I find that establishing a regular clientele maintains great TCB for both parties. Regulars are more likely to show up even if the notice is 30 min to an hr ahead of time. Also, Providers who post days along with times of availability helps some of the more reliable gents on here as well.