Texas Longhorns Football

Texas has what they need to win, except a QB. And if you don't have a QB in this league, you're sunk.
A month ago, I was thinking the gap between OU and UT was bigger than the Grand Canyon...

If Herman has Ingram carry for 30 and the others get 5 to 10 carries, they gave a shot to beat OU given the Sooner defense is just bad.
What a difference a month makes! I think Texas is looking at 10 wins and possibly a Big 12 Championship!
Finally a solid win. All of these teams so far that Tx has beat is not as good as previously thought!
But hey 5-1 is 5-1..
Right now Tx is playing good ball. But not championship ball. Big difference.
I love my horns. I just like to be realistic..
I think Texas is a Big 12 title contender because the Big 12 is not that good. Basically I think West Virginia will be tough, Texas Tech will make it their Super Bowl, and that's about it. Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas should be no problem. I really think they will be 10-2, 9-3 worst case. They still don't want any part of Alabama yet though!
Remember folks, the Big 12 is a round robin league. The top two teams will have played once and will go again.

So it's possible Oklahoma and UT may play again if the stars align. At this point:

Tier 1 is West Virginia and Texas

Tier 2: Oklahoma, TCU, Texas Tech and Iowa State.

Tier 3: Everyone else.

TCU v Tech is Thursday. The loser is likely out of the Big 12 Race.
Congratulations to UT. Great victory. I was astounded at how poor the Oklahoma defense was, even before UT hung 48 on them.

I don't see any "great" teams in the Big 12 this year. West Virginia is very good. Ut has had 3 rather poor games (Maryland, Tulsa, K State) and 3 solid victories (USC, TCU, Oklahoma). I agree that, on paper, WVU and a potential Big 12 playoff game are the only games that UT should lose if they play well, although OSU and Tech on the road are never easy games.

I see 9-3.
Great win for the 'Horns. Playing with confidence and looked well coached. Extra sweet win in that we just chased the last stoops out of norman:
http://www.espn.com/college-football...ve-coordinator
Next ou loss to TCU, OSU, or WV and "Cryler" Murray will turn tail and run out of town before the season's over.
Great win for the 'Horns. Playing with confidence and looked well coached. Extra sweet win in that we just chased the last stoops out of norman:
http://www.espn.com/college-football...ve-coordinator
Next ou loss to TCU, OSU, or WV and "Cryler" Murray will turn tail and run out of town before the season's over. Originally Posted by chuckles
The stoops brothers are the biggest bunch of sore losers and excuse makers.

Good riddance
Ouch! Tough loss to OSU. I was impressed with Texas' poise and comeback ability in the 2nd half. Texas just committed too many penalties and OSU made too many good plays. We're now ranked 15th and that's probably more realistic than being 6th for this years team. The future looks bright for the 'Horns for the next 2 years though.
Alamo bowl. Next year is going to be rough. Look at how many seniors are on the defense this year.
Cbssports among other sites has Texas going to the alamo bowl. I didn’t drink the kool aid ever. None of their wins have been blowouts and a lot should have gone the other way..Tulsa mainly. Tcu aand usc aren’t that good. The beating the whole top 25 ranking is just for the base. Judge their rank at the end of the season.
Still think they have a good shot at Big 12 title, and worst case record is 9-3. But yes agree they are more like #15 and not #6.
We're going to the Super Bowl! The Super Bowl of conference championships, that is.
I don't know what I want the most: to get revenge on West Va. or to SQUASH Oklahomo
twice in one season.
I predict the 'Horns will be in the CFP within 2 years.