Ways to let them down easy....

meg,

first of all, unless the ISO poster explicitly asked for a PM, pls dont send him a PM.
that puts him in the situation you asked about. does he reply, does he not, does he just go jackoff??

just post a followup in the ISO thread and let him know the best way to contact you. that DOES NOT put him in the situation you asked about. you'll never know if he read it or passed it by.

Sometimes I will send a response to an ISO saying something like "I'm not your type, but may I suggest so and so" and can't even get a thank you lol. Like, is it really that hard to say thanks? Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan

if, however, you choose to respond to him via an unsolicited PM [which i dont advise] and you write "I'm not your type, ...", i'm pretty sure he will stop reading right there, regardless of what else you write.

a lesson i learned long ago about making presentations [or communicating to another]: DO NOT START BY APOLOGIZING OR SAYING YOU'RE NOT FEELING WELL OR IT'S NOT YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE OR ANYTHING THAT DIMINSHES YOU, YOUR CAPABILITIES, OR YOUR EXPERTISE.
instead, make a positive statement to establish your cred, then go from there. this is also a standard interviewing technique when asked a question about something you're not up on.

so, reply in the manner he asked for.
if he doesnt respond, move on but remember who he is. [forgive but dont forget].

i do agree that it is a nice for people to send a thanks but no thanks message.
but that doesnt mean all people will behave that way.
we just have to accept that not every thinks the way we do.

breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.
peace be with you.
Maybe it's time for the return of a classic.

"It's not you, it's me."
Steelers SUCK, HotLips FUCKS, answer her dam PM's so we can move on.
first of all, unless the ISO poster explicitly asked for a PM, pls dont send him a PM.

if, however, you choose to respond to him via an unsolicited PM [which i dont advise] and you write "I'm not your type, ...", i'm pretty sure he will stop reading right there, regardless of what else you write.

if he doesnt respond, move on but remember who he is. [forgive but dont forget]. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Great advice there pmdelites. Thanks!

Steelers SUCK Originally Posted by durango95
lol durango-carrying over a little from chat last night are we?
I'll always reply to a pm because I like when someone responds to mine. I hate when I send a pm out and get no response, especially when they list that as a way to contact them