Screening.

At last a provider weighs in. To the extent you are comfortable what might you advise new provider or hobbyist on what would or should be acceptable as minimal information? Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
With refs?

2 refs (my definition of refs)

W/out refs? More personal. A lot more personal.

The thing to keep in mind: I'm not screening to find out who you are. I'm screening to be sure who you aren't.

BIG damn difference.

Personal info I'll always need:
First & Last
Phone
Email

As for send a 411 and an email and a pm and a telegram and smoke signals and a handwritten note via pony express...No. Please don't do that. Espeically to travelers. I am very focused when it comes to screening and it needs to fall a particular way or it's a No Go.

My preferred screening is through email. ONE email please. If you go through 411 - I get an email. If you go through DC - I get an email. If you go through my site - I get an email. ONE email with your screening info - complete info - is all I need.

I dont book off the boards. I dont screen via the boards. It's lazy, dangerous, unprofessional and sloppy.

I get flack over my screening but let me tell you what my screening has done for me. Nuthin. Nada. Not a damn thing. No shorted, robbed, raped, beaten, run out of a hotel, run out of town, busted or blackmailed.

Live and let live. Do your screening as you see fit, be screened as in depth as you see fit. In exchange let everyone else do their own thing. Just don't whine about it, ffs.
  • MrGiz
  • 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM
AHHHHhhhhhhh.... so that's why I haven't received a reply!
Ooooops.... no, it was only one
AHHHHhhhhhhh.... so that's why I haven't received a reply!
Ooooops.... no, it was only one Originally Posted by MrGiz
Giz, were you sending Babee broccoli-lunch induced smoke signals? Lol
ha ha you're golden badboy. Little Rock is gonna be a grind before I even get there. Just dayum.
I am new to this hobby, and have only visited one provider thus far... but communication is SO critical to me. As UCA 479 pointed-out, communication is seemingly not very high on the list with most providers, with the exception of Ginger. She has educated me so much about the hobby, and probably kept me from making some stupid mistakes... and I haven't even visited her yet... but hope to REAL SOON! Anyway, kudos to Ginger and her communication skills and apparent willingness to help newbies, providers, etc.
  • MrGiz
  • 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Giz, were you sending Babee broccoli-lunch induced smoke signals? Lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Naaaaaaaahhhhhhh.... we have already made contact. . . we've even been "in touch ".... I just want sum mo!
Mr. Chan, I like that idea of a sticky for new providers and new hobbyist. Since I haven't been playing with ladies other then my regulars as of late I wonder about providing contact info to ladies asking for references. Should you give them the providers' telephone number if not listed in her profile or just or email address? Originally Posted by theotherguy1
From what I've been told and read on the board if a provider doesn't put her phone number in her profile she doesn't want it given out, period. In this case, for screening purposes, the providers have told me it is acceptable to give out their email address only please. Originally Posted by horserider
The phone number mentioned on screening was for the hobbyist. If one provider
contacts another for a reference there should be more that one item to verify. If a provider asks for a reference for Mr.Chan how does the other provider know it is indeed me? If a provider knows my real first name that is a second verifiable piece of information. My number is a second. If the numbers or first name do not match a red flag should go up for both that I am not Mr.Chan. But if I PM from my ECCIE account then she knows I have access to that account. First verification. Real first name is second which LE should not know. Second piece. Phone number known to the provider being asked for reference is number three. If all three items check out confidence is high that I am Mr. Chan and the reference can be given. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
Contact method should of course be limited to that method made available by the provider. If not listed on her showcase it should not be given. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
[QUOTE=Ginger Doll;1052245345]NEVER give out a provider's number without her permission if she doesn't advertise it. It's been done to me on several occasions and I get really upset about it. And consequentially---how can the provider seeking the reference be sure it's really me she's talking to if my number isn't advertised? It can't be confirmed.

Honorable Mr. Chan, I was only trying to answer theotherguy1's question in my post, like you and the lovely Ginger did later. No offense intended, hopefully none was taken. I certainly wasn't trying to hyjack either. I appreciate the educational thread you have started, please carry on.
Contact method should of course be limited to that method made available by the provider. If not listed on her showcase it should not be given.
[QUOTE=Ginger Doll;1052245345]NEVER give out a provider's number without her permission if she doesn't advertise it. It's been done to me on several occasions and I get really upset about it. And consequentially---how can the provider seeking the reference be sure it's really me she's talking to if my number isn't advertised? It can't be confirmed.

Honorable Mr. Chan, I was only trying to answer theotherguy1's question in my post, like you and the lovely Ginger did later. No offense intended, hopefully none was taken. I certainly wasn't trying to hyjack either. I appreciate the educational thread you have started, please carry on.
I am not pimp/management or pimped/managed provider friendly, so if this applies to you please move on. I AM independent provider friendly and would love to meet every one of you independents at least once.

No offense taken or intended. Please excuse my clumsy posting seemed to imply. Many thanks for your response to the thread.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=610727

Very informative thread on screening.
yes it is. However I would not give place of work ether. It was a few years of playin with each other before real world work of each other given.
Depends...if you have solid references - then it would follow you don't need "newbie" screening. IF you are a newbie - either give it to DC, 411 or me or go see a BP girl and see enough that maybe 2 outta 10 (or 20 or whatever) could be considered "decent" (but not solid) refs - then go from there.

There's a thread somewhere in Tn where I said something along these lines; "Start at the top or start at the bottom; but you will start somewhere." W

Whatever works for you.

There is also good ol common sense: If I can't pass screening (for whatever reason) then I can't see her. I should be a big boy and not come on a board and crybaby about it. But then, my mamma never told me I was special and whatever I wanted people should just give to me. For some reason she believes - and taught me - that whatever I wanted, I had to work for. Go Figure.
You're FUCKED, if they want ya they got ya. About all DD is for is service on my part. On hers screening is for safety not the law.
I usually make first contact with a PM on this board and I ask what info, other than what is attached to my handle, that she will require. Most of the time it works out. Once I was not comfortable with what was asked, and once a few years ago a lady declined to see me because she wasn't comfortable with what I could provide. I wasn't upset by either circumstance. I don't blame a lady for being very cautious because I am very cautious too.

In my initial PM contact, I always try to give them my first name and the number that I will be calling from. This way they can associate my phone call with my handle. I've never given out my last name, and I don't plan on doing so. I've also never asked for a provider's real name although I have discovered a few by way of internet searching (some of you ladies leave an unintentional cyber-trail). I think private lives need to be kept as private as possible, but the hobby also needs to be kept as safe as possible.... it's a balance.