What is your favorite pizza?

Wow y'all are bringing back some memories with Mellow Mushroom. Back in the 70's we would leave school to have lunch at the very hippie place. Come to think of it we would be pretty mellow by the time we arrived.
  • Paven
  • 08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I've always been a fan of Round Table Pizza on the West Coast and in Hawaii, I sure miss that place (sigh).
Wow y'all are bringing back some memories with Mellow Mushroom. Back in the 70's we would leave school to have lunch at the very hippie place. Come to think of it we would be pretty mellow by the time we arrived. Originally Posted by Ansley
70's?...School? Must have been grade school, huh?
70's?...School? Must have been grade school, huh? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
If that is what you choose to believe, who am I to stop you?
Wow y'all are bringing back some memories with Mellow Mushroom. Back in the 70's we would leave school to have lunch at the very hippie place. Come to think of it we would be pretty mellow by the time we arrived. Originally Posted by Ansley
We have one on the Drag in Austin. I will have to check that out soon.
I wish they'd expand down South. They started selling them in the refrigerated (not frozen) section at Kroger's. Kind of a heat and eat thing. Not as good but still had that unique Donato's flavor and much better than frozen. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
ATL, Donotos had a decent presence in Atlanta about 10 years ago, especially in Cobb Co. It was one of my favorites, until they pulled out of the market.

Now in Phoenix my favorite is Rosati's, several franchises of the original Chicago restaurants.
Were you, like...smokin' them (the 'rooms, that is)?
I'm a thin crust girl, myself, and my favorite (pepperoni, jalapeno and pineapple) can be found at Kenneally's Irish Pub in Houston, Texas.

http://www.irishpubkenneallys.com/
If I must order chain restaurant pizza, its Papa John's for me. I absolutely despise pan pizza and won't even look at something with a greasy crust (So Pizza Hut and Domino's are out). Ick.

I haven't found many great pizza spots since I've been in South Louisiana, but I did enjoy the Crab Amore (cream sauce, crab meat, mushrooms, green onions) from La Pizzeria in Lafayette. Also really liked the Margherita pizza at Isabella's in Baton Rouge. They have a great crispy thin crust. I'm such a sucker for thin crust pizza. gimme some olive oil, tomato, anchovies, and a bit of cheese...I'm in pizza heaven!
i believe everything and anything you say..and i always will

(UNLIKE THAT FKN wtf WHO CALLED ME A LIER)
If you are ever in Baton Rouge, Louisiana you have to stop by fleur-de-lis cocktail lounge! Has been around for over 40 years and has the best pizza in BR
http://www.fleurdelispizza.com/
  • PSD
  • 08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Right here at PSD's place!

A mild breakfast sausage, black olives and jalapenos, and 2 layers of mozzarella...

...wimps!

Asian Cowgirl Pizza . . . Originally Posted by SlowHand49
LOL!
I wish they'd expand down South. They started selling them in the refrigerated (not frozen) section at Kroger's. Kind of a heat and eat thing. Not as good but still had that unique Donato's flavor and much better than frozen. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
If I see JG around the campfire, I'll put in a good word. I get South from time to time and it's impossible to get good pizza down there.
If you are ever in Baton Rouge, Louisiana you have to stop by fleur-de-lis cocktail lounge! Has been around for over 40 years and has the best pizza in BR
http://www.fleurdelispizza.com/ Originally Posted by SlutTech
Thanks for the heads up! I may try them the next time I'm out for pizza.