Motorcycles and appointments

I love the Harley sound, but I live in a very small complex, and it can be noticeable when someone on a Harley (or any motorcycle for that matter) comes rumbling in. I've even asked gents that have the option of using a flashy car (like a little red corvette) versus an every day mundane car (like a VW Jetta) to please arrive in the in the mundane car. I like the least amount of attention drawn to me as possible. Originally Posted by rubytuesday
Ah Ruby you make a very good point. I have abstained from this thread for as long as I possibly could. When showing up to an incall it is wise to be as discreet as humanly possible. Therefore flashy vehicles of any type are not the method of transportation I use. I use a vehicle that is over 20 years old. All though it has caused issues by breaking down.(a thread I started). Saying that I would always ask before showing up with something which may potentially draw attention.If you know the lay of the land IE: type of neighborhood, then you can really decide for yourself. Fantastic input.
I love the Harley sound, but I live in a very small complex, and it can be noticeable when someone on a Harley (or any motorcycle for that matter) comes rumbling in. I've even asked gents that have the option of using a flashy car (like a little red corvette) versus an every day mundane car (like a VW Jetta) to please arrive in the in the mundane car. I like the least amount of attention drawn to me as possible. Originally Posted by rubytuesday
I will usually ask the provider if showing up on a motorcycle is okay.If it poses a problem I of course have a more conventional vehicle to arrive in, but so far none have had a problem with me coming in on the sled.
I will usually ask the provider if showing up on a motorcycle is okay.If it poses a problem I of course have a more conventional vehicle to arrive in, but so far none have had a problem with me coming in on the sled. Originally Posted by Riverstud
Right On Bro
Just the sound of a Harley makes me wet..riding one now your'e talking oooh , but seriously wouldnt bother me ..
this pic applies,lol
I guess my 250 cc Yamaha doesn't quite have the same effect :-(
I guess my 250 cc Yamaha doesn't quite have the same effect :-( Originally Posted by Balderfiddle
If it is a two stroke it might. Seems to set up a certain harmonic . Ha Ha Ha Ha
If it is a two stroke it might. Seems to set up a certain harmonic . Ha Ha Ha Ha Originally Posted by Lucky LaRue
Huh interesting comment. I understood 4 stroke engines pretty much won over the market because people liked the feel of them better. Anyways my vstar is 4 stroke. Wouldn't matter - wifey lacks the adventure to touch even that lol.
Q: What do you call a Harley that doesn't leak oil?
A: Empty

Q: Why are Harley's some of the safest bikes on the road?
A: You can't go fast enough to hurt yourself...

I'm amused by guys who throw around "My Harley", as if I'm supposed to be impressed by their motorcycle prowess. Harley's are fine... And everybody should enjoy their ride... but they aren't the finest bikes around!
Q: What do you call a Harley that doesn't leak oil?
A: Empty

Q: Why are Harley's some of the safest bikes on the road?
A: You can't go fast enough to hurt yourself...

I'm amused by guys who throw around "My Harley", as if I'm supposed to be impressed by their motorcycle prowess. Harley's are fine... And everybody should enjoy their ride... but they aren't the finest bikes around! Originally Posted by Thibodaux
It is simply a matter of choice.I respect all who ride no matter what they ride.I will stop for a Honda or Kawasaki on the side of the road just as quick as I would a Harley and any real biker would do the same.It's about respect and brotherhood, not what you ride that counts.
I agree... I was just kiddin with the jokes, but was also makin fun of those who think Harley's are the only bikes on the road. They're definitely out there!
Just a little curious here. forgive me XS cause still off topic. Why are the men all hating motorcyclists. While the Women are for the most part talking positive about a cycle showing up?
A loud, oil leaking motorcycle. Originally Posted by pyramider
Sounds like my Harley.

So it wouldn't be a great idea to show up in a lime green Lamborghini.
I ride, love men who ride, and love to go for rides.

(BTW, I'm a a kawasaki kind of girl. Owned an 08 Ninja before I moved to Houston and found out that people use motorcyclists as target practice around these parts LOL)
(Ok, not really, but the level of stupidity of the drivers on the road and their ability to do everything else in the car besides watch the road would make anyone not want to ride their bike)

Also don't care if you arrive at my private place on your bike, as long as you take me for (another) ride.
Just a little curious here. forgive me XS cause still off topic. Why are the men all hating motorcyclists. While the Women are for the most part talking positive about a cycle showing up? Originally Posted by Lucky LaRue
Like the kids say these days Lucky, haters gonna hate,lol!!