Why doesn't the KC forum have one of these going?

For the ladies who use (or would use) a "short notice" board, how do you deal with screening? Originally Posted by KCQuestor
I have been very fortunate in having many references to call. Also providers who answer their phones or return my calls very quickly.
(Which I appreciate Very much and GLADLY return the favor.)

For the amount of screening that goes on in Kansas City, I'd think that it would be difficult to see anyone who was not either pre-screened or a recent client. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
Perhaps it would be motivation for hobbyist to Pre-Screen I do not know how everyone does it but I like to get Pre-screen immediately! If I tour I prefer to have Pre-screened Hobbyists.

If a hobbyist pre-sreens it is not saying they want an appointment NOW to me it is more as them saying I am serious/interested in seeing you and would like to be able to contact you with a few hours notice! (Or something like that!)

If you have availability for the next four hours, you aren't gonna have time to check references. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
Maybe, Maybe Not! (Hopefully Not)

______________________________ _____________________________

Side note,

Another thing I was thinking/curious about. I realize we run KC and ICT side by side but would we be able to have one for KC and one for Wichita?

I realize I am jumping the guns as we have not had any moderator decide Yay or Nay on the last minute Availability!

I have been receiving Calls form people in KC when I am not there. Though I enjoy the calls I feel awful when I must inform them I am not currently in KC.
(I can see their puppy dog eyes!)

I suppose I am rambling now so I will bring it to a close.
For the ladies who use (or would use) a "short notice" board, how do you deal with screening? For the amount of screening that goes on in Kansas City, I'd think that it would be difficult to see anyone who was not either pre-screened or a recent client. If you have availability for the next four hours, you aren't gonna have time to check references. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
I dont know the kc market but with the advent of p411 and prescreening that helps alot. Ladies should still screen with no short cuts imho but that is on the lady

For gents with tight windows and can;t plan ahead i think the short notice thread would be very helpful.
My whole point behind starting this thread was that it would certainly end a lot of confusion and time wasting on both sides. For instance, I was supposed to be in KC today and had already told my Wichita friends that I would not be available here until Saturday, but now my plans have changed due to a family issue on my client's end... it would sure be convenient if there was a forum to announce that I am INDEED in Wichita, after all.

I'll start a poll about this topic, as suggested...
My whole point behind starting this thread was that it would certainly end a lot of confusion and time wasting on both sides. For instance, I was supposed to be in KC today and had already told my Wichita friends that I would not be available here until Saturday, but now my plans have changed due to a family issue on my client's end... it would sure be convenient if there was a forum to announce that I am INDEED in Wichita, after all.

I'll start a poll about this topic, as suggested... Originally Posted by Staci Stacked

Dang and I see by your signature line KC gets the nod once again for a tour in December lol. Should have come to Topeka, I was free today and tomorrow and actually have money for once.
Originally, the idea of a thread like this didn't sound like a good idea to me, but the more I think about it, the more I begin to believe it could be very useful to both provider and hobbyist alike. A few thoughts and questions though about having a thread like this.

First question is about perception. I'd like to hear feedback from the guys. If a woman posts to such a thread on a regular basis, would it actually wind up having the opposite impact for some men? Would posting to it give more of a perception of the provider being desperate? That would be one concern. Gents? Please share your thoughts.

Second, yes over time a thread like this could become very long and very cluttered. I don't know about anyone else, but once a thread hits a certain length - around 4 or 5 pages - I just stop looking at it. The amount of posts to go through simply becomes too much to bother with. In spite of the general aversion to deleting posts, since this would be a thread with a very specific purpose, and one that is not intended to be a general discussion, perhaps the usual rule against deleting posts could be excepted here. If the mods were allowed, say once a week to clear out old posts that no longer serve the purpose of announcing immediate availability, the thread would stay neat and tidy, easily policed and monitored, and more effectively serve the purpose for which it was created.

Finally, what are the community's thoughts on the idea that such a thread might cut down on posts that are perceived as "threADs"? If a lady has the ability to simply come out say "Hey, I'm online and I'm available right now", does anyone think this would eliminate the need to post comments that are essentially intended to convey that message without actually saying it? One can only hope at least, right?

I'm thinking about next month when my classes resume, and I am limited to primarily evening availability. A thread like this would be terrific to come home from class to, sign on and say "Woot! Classes are out, who wants some fun?" or something to that effect. So I say 'yea' lets have one!
it would sure be convenient if there was a forum to announce that I am INDEED in Wichita, after all. Originally Posted by Staci Stacked
Funny how you just manipulated this thread and turned it into a provider ad anyways...
Funny how you just manipulated this thread and turned it into a provider ad anyways... Originally Posted by Gemma34
Did you guys hear something??? Yeah, me neither...
SOTF, I can answer your questions.

You will have perceptions all over the place. Yes, some will look at the traffic and go "fuck, she is like a revolving door"........you have to decide where you want to draw the line on what you want others to perceive about you.

The only page on this type of threAD that matters is the current page........it is a comment from a hooktard that "I had a cancellation for this specific time and am looking for someone to fill that slot".......I can almost promise you that a modtard will not be allowed to "clear out" posts in any threAD on this board........the Owner's position on editing threads has been made very clear to all modtards........this threAD would be in a "general discussion" forum of the board and would be subject to those rules.......local modtards do not get to set "special" rules.......this place would be chaos if that were to happen.

If a lady were to come on and post "Hey, I'm online and I'm available right now"........that would be an AD and a violation of the existing rules.......enforcement is a local matter........that being said, a modtard would not have the ability to reprimand a fucktard for calling you on the AD in a general forum of the board.......all the fucktard would have to do is hit the "RTM" on the reprimand PM and the PM becomes available for review by the modtard's peers (RTM's do not go to the local modtard area....they go to Modtardville where all Modtards, Admins and Owners can see them), and his actions come under review.....there are very few exceptions to this process.

Community threADs are allowed.......hooktards can post them, and fucktards can call them what they are........my observations in Houston and Dallas is that this type of thread would have no impact on threADs.

Last....... "Woot! Classes are out, who wants some fun?" or something to that effect."......would be an AD violation and could get you points........the important thing to remember is that fucktards are allowed to post (on topic) comments in every threAD in all the general forums except two........hooktards have sacred general view forums where fucktards are not allowed to participate.........they are the AD forums........ijs

I will explain a step further (because, I am honestly trying to show you a path to a successful threAD if you decide to attempt the effort)........you have two examples in Houston and Dallas (the one is Dallas was first)

The Dallas Example: The hooktards pretty much do exactly as you describe and post ADs all day long......and the modtards allow it.......more importantly.......the fucktards allow it. All it would take is a few fucktards to decide that they don't like it anymore (if they are smart about how they do it) and that threAD would be locked and finished. Because, modtards are not allowed to create rules and issue points and reprimands on those new rules without Owner approval before hand.

The Houston Example: The hooktards tried to do what they do in Dallas.....a modtard appeared to be willing to go along and even was willing to prevent fucktards from posting in the threAD (that would be a new rule)........the fucktards (full disclosure here.....I am from Houston and was one of them) would not go along with the concept that hooktards could take shared territory in the general forum for advertising, and deny us access to the threAD for comments.........this was seen as a slippery slope on two fronts.......1. the idea that a modtard could create local rules that were in direct conflict with the board rules had to be stopped....... 2. The threAD was seen as a pushing of the boundries by some hooktards........we already know that hooktards get ROS and ML information through various sources (just acknowledging the facts)........some fucktards are not inclined to give up anymore ground.

The Houston modtards discussed the Houston ISO threAD among themselves and agreed to take on the task of simply enforcing the existing rules in the threAD (knowing that some hooktards would not follow directions) without getting frustrated to the point of locking it.........they simply remove the content of hooktards post that are ADs and insert a comment that Ads are not allowed (anything more that they may or may not send to that hooktard is a modtard matter and not discussed on the open board.....just know that ADs in general forums are a pointable offense)

I hope this helps
Did you guys hear something??? Yeah, me neither... Originally Posted by Staci Stacked
The only thing I heard was the purring of a kitty cat being petted
  • Modda
  • 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM
After discussing internally I'm happy to announce that we have decided to make a sticky thread on "short notice / availability" thread with some rules & restrictions.

Give me a day or two to open the sticky thread in 'Co-Ed'.
A sticky? Isn't that going to just keep growing and growing with usage? I thought the general thought was to have a weekly thread or something like that. Or is the 'sticky' just for the rules but the actual weekly thread will be a normal one? Ah hell, guess I can wait a couple of days for all the answers!
Jeez I hope I am not the only one that can foresee the train wreak that is about to happen.

First... why COED and not ISO???
Second... just the statement of "with some rules & restrictions." already has me cringing at the thought.
  • Modda
  • 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Oops..not a Sticky....there is no need to make it sticky and doesn't fall under sticky (technically), please wait for a day or two. In mean time if you have any concerns or comments or questions please post them.
After discussing internally I'm happy to announce that we have decided to make a sticky thread on "short notice / availability" thread with some rules & restrictions.

Give me a day or two to open the sticky thread in 'Co-Ed'. Originally Posted by modda
Thank you! I'm sure you just made several providers and hobbyists VERY happy!
*Early Christmas present, YAY! lol

I honestly think that if the guidelines are followed this could be a great thing for the community!
Perhaps before going 'LIVE' you could post what you have in a beta format so you can get every ones feed back.