best burger in SA

Sad to hear that the quality of The Lord's Kitchen has apparently fallen off.
As great as they were, they'll still stack up well against most others even on an off day.

. Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
Gipper ==> thank you for that link (what a great resource)

We tried Madrid's Saturday evening and must say --- the cheeseburger was indeed very very good; however, I have had better. Not a shot at their #1 rating by many as it was a new place for us which is always nice. Perhaps it was also because they were so darn busy that the quality waivered a little bit.

While NOT known for burgers ==> Clear Springs (yes the catfish and onion ring place) has something called an Outlaw Burger which will certainly wet your appetite.

Outlaw Burger........................ .............................. .............................. .....7.59
With tangy dill pickles, mustard, mayo, bacon, and melted cheese topped with a couple of our
WORLD FAMOUS ONION RINGS and BBQ sauce.

You know who else does a great hamburger? Scenic Loop Cafe in Boerne. It's like the best backyard burger you ever tried.
Man, I LUV Clear Springs! Yumz! Thanks for the reminder dennis!

J. Alexanders, in a class by themselves.
I hear Chris Madrid's has some really good burgers. Who wants to take me?! I'm leaving back to Corpus tomorrow. Just here for tonight.
Sad to hear that the quality of The Lord's Kitchen has apparently fallen off.
As great as they were, they'll still stack up well against most others even on an off day.

I really liked Lord's. Easily better than anything I have had in Austin

I plan on it to see Valerie.

. Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
You know who else does a great hamburger? Scenic Loop Cafe in Boerne. It's like the best backyard burger you ever tried.
Originally Posted by dumbgi