A Government Takeover??? Really People?

I agree with you COG. GWB would pat you on the head and say the same thing. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I'm taller than GWB.
Taller I'll give you. However, I kind of believe that there are some folks who may question 'Who is smarter?'

No offense intended. Just pointing out what you already are aware of regarding certain members of this board.

After all, it is all about entertainment.
The truly great can endure criticism.
Define truly great. No such thing here that I can see. ESPECIALLY on either political wing.
Then you haven't been reading my posts.

Truly great >>> <<< COG

I thought it was obvious.
Yes I have. I do believe we have had differences on more than one occasion. My question still stands unanswered.
Yes, you've been wrong on several occasions, Chef. But I don't hold it against you.
Nor do I hold your ridiculous prattling and wild positions against you. After all, it's all about having fun. And no I do not think I was wrong, but then that is a matter of opinion.
As for your original post; Stalin was from Georgia and not Russia. Hitler was from Austria and not Germany. China had many different regions and different languages when Mao come to power. Your argument has a self defeating fallacy.
As for your original post; Stalin was from Georgia and not Russia. Hitler was from Austria and not Germany. China had many different regions and different languages when Mao come to power. Your argument has a self defeating fallacy. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
OK, so what/whose post are you referring to here sir? I do not see any of my posts here referencing anything you are attempting to talk about.
Do I, EvaEkim? You really think so? What if the government all of a sudden decided to shut me up, how many of you would stand up for my "right" to speak? I'll tell you how many. Zero, Zip, Nada. So I'm actually being allowed a "privilege" of speech, since the government could take it away at any moment, and most of the people would not care.

We only have the rights we are willing to defend, and I know if given the chance, or excuse, to shut me, and like minded people up, the government could do it with little or no resistance.

And where do you suppose I'd be if the government decided to clamp down on liberal speech? You guessed it. I'd be out fighting for your right to speak, because if you lose yours, mine is soon to follow.

So don't give me any of this "rights" bullshit. You know as well as I do that the country doesn't care if certain thoughts or ideas have "rights.". The government is just waiting for the right time and circumstances to quietly silence dissenters.

Then they'll come for you. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Yes Jane I see many of your rights on this thread alone. GWB can pat your head while you are on your knees.