what should be done about providers who ignore reference requests

Perhaps a bad list would cause drama, but what about a good list.
Oh yeah fuck please! Originally Posted by FishGuy13
I don't think that a list, of any sort, is a good idea. Like Grace mentioned above, there is too much of a slippery slope argument that could be applied. Jules, you certainly don't wish to start something like that. Gosh ... the shit storm that would brew over something like that.

Plus, one of my dearest "provider" friends just doesn't give references. I understand where she is coming from and she doesn't ask for them, either. It shouldn't be a requirement to give them. It's a courtesy.

I'm GREAT with references, by the way! Always!!!

With that being said, I rarely have references given by new clients. And I also appreciate preferred411 a lot, when a guy will use it.

Probably because if they're on Eccie, I already can get to know them in other ways. Or ... they're from backpage or TER, or some other advertising site and the only way to screen is to do the old fashioned stuff.

Ask for work information. Phone number. Check the e-mail address. Talk to them over the phone (A requirement for me even if they've given me their blood type. I want to HEAR that voice before I let them walk through the door.)

And sometimes, you have to be almost serpentine to get information. I can be a bit loosy goosier than some on screening. I like visiting with newbie guys, too.

It's challenging but if you do NOT rely on provider references, life (and getting more work!) is just easier.

Good luck, Jules!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Bums me out to hear some providers still play that game. This is really a provider to provider question, but if it were me waiting on the reference, I would want to know is someone wasn't responsive.

Thank you to those who do respond quickly (when possible) as a hobbiest it is greatly appreciated !
I always ask if a provider will give references. It seems like a nice balance to me reviewing them. I just have to hope that my references are good! Haven't been turned down yet!
A voucher database in the powder room is the perfect place for this. See a client? Reply to the thread with username and yes or no. Then you wonderful beautiful women will have a quick access list! Good for us guys too, might speed things along!
...just saying. Love all you gals!
I check my email for reference requests before anything else. Like Jules said, it only takes a few minutes, if that, to let a lady know that a gentlemen is okay and safe.

Thanks to all the ladies who are quick to respond. Guys, get P411.
I try VERY hard to get to reference requests right away, but sometimes I don't and it's not on purpose, and I feel so very badly when I realize I've had one for a week or so and haven't responded. I rarely log onto eccie or P411 anymore, as I am so low volume. My regulars know to just text me, I do ALWAYS get my text. So if a client gives me out as a request, I ask him to PLEASE text me and alert me to check for it. Also, the provider can always text me. I do respond to texts promptly.
I just send dic pics ....
I think those providers who do not respond to reference requests should be severely punished by pyramider's 1.3" of dangling death. Over and over again until they see the error of their ways.
  • Tetas
  • 04-21-2015, 08:12 PM
what should be done about providers who ignore reference requests Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar

Drawn and quartered.

(Can we still do that? After all the flack about waterboarding' I'm unsure now.)
"Between ladies who don't answer at all (happens often), ladies who turn around and contact the gent with a discount (also happens often)"

Turn round and give a discount . . . I have given many references and never once considered (OK, I didn't even think of it *grin*) offering a discount. That is so cut throat!
Like many providers, I have a family, a 'real' job, etc. One day I didn't check my ECCIE mail until late afternoon.
A provider had written me a brief note asking about a client. The next note was 'Why can't you be at least polite enough to respond.'
The third was 'I will ruin you in this business, you rude b*tch. You don't know who you're messing with!!!'
Um, well . . . OK. I think that's the only ref I missed answering. And I never did respond to her because she was so awful.
Typically, I try to be informative about the client, so that they can please him (or know what to avoid) as best as is possible. First if I felt comfortable, then if there were hygiene issues, etc.
I once had a very nice man post his age as early fifties and when I got there he admitted he was SEVENTY FOUR. References are important, but don't rely on one providers opinion!
I think those providers who do not respond to reference requests should be severely punished by pyramider's 1.3" of dangling death. Over and over again until they see the error of their ways. Originally Posted by Mister Tudball
Dangling death.,...
I would like to think I've been pretty good at getting back to ladies requesting a reference.
If not, I usually apologize for a late response. Trust it's because I am busy.
There is nothing more important than the safety of another fellow provider.

I will admit as of lately I have ignored some ladies who contact me because they give me a half ass request with hardly any information on the guy or they text me. I write back requesting more info but some are not very intelligent and I am not wasting my time with that. I also do not save phone numbers unless it's a regular client of mine I see often.

Texting me is a NO-NO. Especially if I don't know you and my number is NOT advertized, do NOT contact me like that for a reference. I've been known to cuss one too many girls out and the guy who gave out my number.
I can count on 3 fingers who I speak to via text often who text me for references.

IMHO the Proper Hooker Etiquette for a Reference should be by email or PM with all gathered information on the Hobbyist including Name, Hobby Contact Number, Handle and something to spark the memory.

I've been guilty of saying "I'm sorry I just don't recall" because it's either been too long and I don't give references over a year or I flat out do not remember. I have an extremely busy personal life outside the hobby but I usually give detailed references.

If you have sent me a reference and I haven't responded, follow up because my SPAM is on high alert to filter through some of the crap I get.
I had one provider that tried to undercut during the screening/referral process. I will never see here again. No honor....or intelligence.
Hope to see ya soon Jules!
I think those providers who do not respond to reference requests should be severely punished by pyramider's 1.3" of dangling death. Over and over again until they see the error of their ways. Originally Posted by Mister Tudball
That will fix them.

Drawn and quartered.

(Can we still do that? After all the flack about waterboarding' I'm unsure now.)
Originally Posted by riday
No, cb (not to confused with CB, CDB, CD, LD's BBC, or boardman) recommended draw and quartering for Wayward. He received 5 points from a modtard. The modtard obviously did not understand the benefits to the community.

I would like to think I've been pretty good at getting back to ladies requesting a reference.
If not, I usually apologize for a late response. Trust it's because I am busy.
There is nothing more important than the safety of another fellow provider.

I will admit as of lately I have ignored some ladies who contact me because they give me a half ass request with hardly any information on the guy or they text me. I write back requesting more info but some are not very intelligent and I am not wasting my time with that. I also do not save phone numbers unless it's a regular client of mine I see often.

Texting me is a NO-NO. Especially if I don't know you and my number is NOT advertized, do NOT contact me like that for a reference. I've been known to cuss one too many girls out and the guy who gave out my number.
I can count on 3 fingers who I speak to via text often who text me for references.

IMHO the Proper Hooker Etiquette for a Reference should be by email or PM with all gathered information on the Hobbyist including Name, Hobby Contact Number, Handle and something to spark the memory.
Originally Posted by berkleigh

Berk mentioned being texted or called. The fucktards should not give out private phone numbers. The rule of thumb should be if the lady does not have her phone number posted in ads, then no one should give it out.

Also, fucktards should not use a lady as a reference that he has not seen in a year. Its doubtful a provider would remember any one of us after a year, unless you sport 1.3" of dangling death.
I thought I would post this to get some thoughts/feedback on the message I typically send another provider when I request a reference on a gentleman. It has worked for me, as I am fortunate to get responses in the majority of the ones I send out (thanks, ladies!). I have saved it as a template, and I just go in an fill in the information I need (the XXXX areas). I would be curious to know if I should modify it in anyway.

EXAMPLE:

I was hoping you might be able to verify/provide a reference for Eccie member: XXXXX. His said that his name is XXXX and his contact phone # is XXX-XXX-XXXX. When I asked him for a reference from a provider he has visited with he asked that I contact you. He stated that you may remember him as, "XXXXX." If you could let me know if he is someone you might see again and is safe, I would appreciate it. Also, any pertinent information you might feel comfortable sharing with me regarding this gentleman would be kept in the strictest confidence. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Take care!
Charlotte
My Eccie page: http://eccie.net/member.php?u=195005
My P411 page: https://www.preferred411.com/P125135

Member info:
ECCIE HANDLE: XXXX
NAME: XXXX
CONTACT PHONE #: XXX-XXX-XXXX
LINK TO MEMBER PROFILE PAGE: XXXX
I have altered my screening a bit so that I am not depending on references because I have had issues where I missed out on appointments due to waiting on a reference check. but I think it helps if the guy either texts the lady in question or PM or whatever and says "so-and-so is going to contact you for a reference for me" it's a shame there are women like this out there. Men like variety...that's why they're seeing us and not on match.com