Why do personal preferences justify labeling someone?

I wanted to avoid this round of Whispers bait, but Centaur I hope I can help widen your perception. Originally Posted by Bob McV
Definitely. This thread has made me realize that my use of the word may not be nearly as cut-and-dried as I thought, or even necessarily the more useful definition.

With ample options and limited funds, we are going to spend the money where we most desire it first.

I'll use myself as a lighthearted example: I don't feel all that comfortable around short women. I'm tall and I don't like the feeling that I am overpowering or overwhelming a woman. So 90% of my funds have ben spent on the 5'10"+ category I am not a heightist I have seen short women in part to examine why I feel like I do, nothing went wrong, I didn't freak out have a Nam flashback and kill her in a blind rage. However, my preference still lies with the tall women. Originally Posted by Bob McV
That's actually a really great example to illustrate your point.

Why do you guys get so caught up in what a book says and quote it as if its the only TRUE truth?

I'm not being smart assed, but does pulling up Wikipedia somehow make you think you can look inside someone's soul & know how they feel at that moment? YOU ARE THIS BECAUSE THIS IS THE DEFINITION I FOUND WRITTEN IN THE HOLY FUNK AND WAGNALLS DICTIONARY. Are people in your worlds always bound by what reference you can find to label them?

Just wondering...and notice I didn't aim this at anyone in particular just as an open comment...drop the dictionary & realize you can't possibly know much of ANYTHING about anyone based off of what they write on a hooker board! Its absolutely MIND BOTTLING to me that people think in this manner. Originally Posted by Toyz
I agree that semantics aren't the end all be all. But in order to have a meaningful discussion of whether or not a certain behavior exhibits a particular type of prejudice, we first need some common context for what the prejudice actually is. My purpose when I quote a dictionary isn't so much to appeal to its authority as to say, Hey, this is the definition I'm working from. Let's figure out where we're using words differently so we can at least better understand each other. My purpose isn't to correct anyone else's usage, though I can certainly see how it might be interpreted that way.
Why are FBSM providers not considered hookers?

Lot's of these stereotypes exist in the hobby and labels are assigned simply due to a person's preferences. Originally Posted by Whispers
I'm a full service provider and I would not label myself a "hooker."
Why do you guys get so caught up in what a book says and quote it as if its the only TRUE truth?

I'm not being smart assed, but does pulling up Wikipedia somehow make you think you can look inside someone's soul & know how they feel at that moment? YOU ARE THIS BECAUSE THIS IS THE DEFINITION I FOUND WRITTEN IN THE HOLY FUNK AND WAGNALLS DICTIONARY. Are people in your worlds always bound by what reference you can find to label them?

Just wondering...and notice I didn't aim this at anyone in particular just as an open comment...drop the dictionary & realize you can't possibly know much of ANYTHING about anyone based off of what they write on a hooker board! Its absolutely MIND BOTTLING to me that people think in this manner. Originally Posted by Toyz

You didn't mention me by name but as one of the folks that actually quoted the dictionary I'll take a wild leap I was at least one of the persons you were referencing with this reply.

A Dictionary doesn't offer a truth but a definition. As a living language, those definitions change often. By quoting a dictionary, I am offering a point of reference, not an unarguable truth. I wasn't aiming to gain a deeper insight to any person here, My goal was to address Centaur and offer a counterpoint to his claim.

And finally I hope your mind doesn't stay bottled for too long, that just sounds painful

Definitely. This thread has made me realize that my use of the word may not be nearly as cut-and-dried as I thought, or even necessarily the more useful definition.

That's actually a really great example to illustrate your point. Originally Posted by Centaur
I am glad you took my reply as intended. It is always tricky to convey such thoughts and ideas while maintaining the brevity this format of communication warrants.
Mah purr-son-ul preference ista fukk tha shee'yit outta enny filly thet sez, "Yes." But thet's jus' meh.
  • onei
  • 12-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Why DO hobbyist slam each other for seeing whatever type they want? I've noticed that. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Why should a spinner charge more than a bbw? There is something out there for everyone. For every guy that loves blondes there is another who finds them unattractive and so on. Originally Posted by Jane Doe
For me (personally) I've seen:
Spinners — I will never forget AnglePie from a few years ago. That girl could DT like no bodies business. And Greek was great too. I saw here multiple times.
Average girls — not a spinner, but far from curvy or BBW's (I'm not going to name anyone here because as sure as shooting I'm going to step in it if I do. That's like the question, "Does this dress make me look fat?" I'm not going there.)
Curvy girls — about ten years I saw a gal up in Dallas all the time, every time I went through town (usually once or twice a month). She was definitely in the curvy category, but a ton of fun (no pun intended.)
And I've seen a couple BBW's — while BBW's are not my preference, if the attitude is right and there is a connection, no doubt we can have fun.

I've also seen Latinas, Hispanic (are they the same? Ultimately, I don't really care, I'm just thinking out loud), Asian, and AA, but primarily see Caucasian.

We all, men and women, have our likes and dislikes. For me, there's just something about a girl with small titties. Don't get me wrong, I like a nice set of bobbies, but I don't really get excited about big ol' bobbies. It's just me. One of the things I liked about AnglePie was that I could literally suck her entire breast into my mouth while fucking her. Damn I liked that. Again, it's just me. What I don't like about spinners is they are boney. Thus the average to curvy woman really gets me going as well. I had a spinner literally bruise my hip while she was riding CG because she was so skinny. I like me some padding.

Mostly, I like a girl I can connect with, and there have been a few. If there's a good connection everything else will fall in place.

Here's my favorite line: "Men like their women as the like their cars: when they are young they want one that is hot, sexy and sleek and when they get older they just want one that's not going to give them a lot of trouble."
EFN, you are a Hooker regardless of what you call yourself. Being a hooker, is an act
  • Toyz
  • 12-31-2014, 09:24 AM
I'm a full service provider and I would not label myself a "hooker." Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
And I am a "Hobbiest Extrordinairre" I wouldn't label myself as a Misogynist or a Fucking John...but some do.

Happy New Year EFN may you and yours enjoy the joys of 2015!
Why DO hobbyist slam each other for seeing whatever type they want? I've noticed that. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Why should a spinner charge more than a bbw? There is something out there for everyone. For every guy that loves blondes there is another who finds them unattractive and so on. Originally Posted by Jane Doe

Well said.
I'm a full service provider and I would not label myself a "hooker." Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
Of course you wouldn't

You are one by definition though. You live up to the qualifications of being a whore as well.
I have my preferences....... but have tried ladies of all race and nationality without issue.

I am sure ladies that will not see certain races or age groups are not simply racists and I think it is unfortunate that they get categorized as such.

I've found that my tastes have changed...... I've gone from petite Caucasians to Latina most recently.....

What I do have a problem with are those that cannot accept a "No Thank-you" or "Sorry but I am not interested" that immediately assume it is racial or some other ridiculous issue and simply not a matter of my personal taste,

I started a similar thread after a situation the other night in Sugars. A Black girl approached me and asked me if I wanted a dance. I politely declined. She was walking by an hour later with another black girl and when that girl started to approach me she grabbed her and told her "Don't waste your time on that racist asshole. He has a problem with us niggers"

In her particular case she was too tall and had an ass I did not care for as well as a head full of dread locks..... I like running my fingers through a girls hair. I also hate bright red lipstick on a girl of any race and she had that going against her..

Within this community I've been labeled a variety of things as a result of my preferences but seldom by anyone that actually has come to know me.
Ty, EJL!!
I was genetically predisposed to being a Man Whore. There was nothing I could do about it....
Here's my favorite line: "Men like their women as the like their cars: when they are young they want one that is hot, sexy and sleek and when they get older they just want one that's not going to give them a lot of trouble." Originally Posted by onei
And then around middle-age, they go back to preferring both to be hot, sexy and sleek again.

And yes, I'm eating my own dogfood there.
Here's my favorite line: "Men like their women as the like their cars: when they are young they want one that is hot, sexy and sleek and when they get older they just want one that's not going to give them a lot of trouble." Originally Posted by onei
And then around middle-age, they go back to preferring both to be hot, sexy and sleek again. Originally Posted by FoulRon
And then around my age they may buy hot, sexy and sleek but find themselves straining to see over the steering wheel while driving 40mph in the fast line.
I am glad to see like-minded thinkers here.

I tried to express some of these same views on preference vs. prejudiced in S.A. co-ed a couple of months ago and was labled an Uncle Tom. By my own people! (specifically a black guy, with prefix "Fitz" in his handle! oh the irony!!! lol)

All I was saying it a provider doesn't have to see anyone she doesn't want to.
Furthermore, some ladies don't see, fat guys, old guys, young guys, uncut guys; we don't hear them complaining. They go see a girl who will be happy to see them. Simple!

Personally it doesn't matter if someone wouldn't see me for whatever reason.
I am focused on clients who DO want to see me. Anything else would be a waste of my time.