movie review

I saw "Dinner for Schmucks" the other day, I laughed a lot. I saw "Salt" the week before, it was pretty good, and the week before that I saw "Inception", and it was so far the best movie I have seen this year. I will see "The Other Guys" soon and I hope its going to be very funny.
Just saws Inception for the 2nd time. Two good choices. If you see it, got to the Galaxy (behind highland mall) and fork over the extra $$ for a "D-Box". This is the first movie that I thought D-Box seating was worth it and was really part of the movie. Originally Posted by nuglet

I agree Inception is a very good movie, wish I would have went for a "D-Box" but nonetheless great movie...Shutter Island is also another great movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio
okay now I just saw "The Other Guys", very funny and worth seeing.
I also rented From Paris with Love and The Book of Love the latest American Pie series and it was just a typical college sex movie but From Paris with Love was boring til Travolta came on the screen. 3 cheers for Travolta
  • Mokoa
  • 08-10-2010, 06:23 PM
The Expendables starts in three days...
The Expendables starts in three days... Originally Posted by Mokoa

I'm looking forward to it too!
Sleeper of the summer: Cyrus - dark in a very light hearted sort of way, and very funny while being smart.

Dinner for Schmucks - hilarious. " . . . and then - 500 years later." So smart.

Salt was ok. Inception was great after the first 20 minutes and Ellen Page got less annoying. The ending was brilliant. Toy Story 3 is a tear jerker. Despicable Me was blah. And Predators - did nothing at all for me.
The Expendables starts in three days... Originally Posted by Mokoa
I'm really looking forward to it, finally Arnold and Sly in the same movie!
I'm really looking forward to it, finally Arnold and Sly in the same movie! Originally Posted by geniusman
I watched The Expendebles yesterday. Arnold and Bruce have very small parts in the movie. I was pretty good I
took my eleven yr old son and he liked it too.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Well I saw The Expendables over the weekend. A great action picture. However, one disappointment was that Arnold only appeared in one scene. It was pretty much a cameo role. Other then that, I enjoyed it. Highly recommended to those who enjoy action.
I rented: Observe and Report - very good and nice change of genre for Seth Rogan Cop Out - let me put it this way, I would have rather watched Die Hard again
Don't watch "The 41 Year Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall And Felt Super Bad About it" it's terrible.
I was disappointed with "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World."
I recently rented "The Book Of Eli" and although my spiritual beliefs differ from some of the content of this film, I was very moved by it's message. Terrific soundtrack too. Originally Posted by cockforhire
I really liked it too. Another similar genre flick and just as good is "The Road". You'll probably love that one if you liked Book of Eli.
Going to see Pirahna 3-D this weekend. I'm a big fan of the 1978 Roger Corman original that was filmed mostly in San Marcos.