U.S. GENERAL: LET'S MAKE OBAMA RESIGN

Can't be any worse than Bush who got the US into TWO unfunded wars in situations where it was not possible to win Originally Posted by BigLouie
You mean those conflicts that were approved by a Congressional vote including Kerry, Hillary, Edwards, and Reid?
You're so fucking stupid and your posts are so obtuse that it's difficult to respond.

Yes, Professor, I am aware that "Lee was beaten by Grant." So is every elementary school student in the United States that had to take American history.

And, yes...I believe you have accurately restated exactly what I posted originally: that Grant was willing to attack endlessly and incur enormous casualties in order to achieve victory....while prior Union commanders had been unwilling to do so...maybe if you go back and read my post again, you will understand it this time.

Finally, McPherson's book was OK but from a historical perspective, there are dozens that are better. I'd suggest you start with Shelby Foote's three volume history of the war if you really want to start getting a handle on it. Be warned though....no pictures for you to look at. And, well....three volumes, like I said. Given your apparently remedial level reading and writing skills, finishing it will probably be a full-time job for you for the next several years. Remember though.... If you'll just stop moving your mouth when you read, it will go faster. Originally Posted by timpage
Are you aware that McPherson has written many books about the Civil War. He is considered to be the top academic on the subject followed very closely by Shelby Foote. Be warned, those books have a lot of pages and are difficult for someone such as yourself with a short attention span. From experience, I know that not every student knows that Grant beat Lee. There is a streak of stupidity out there that has been caused by parents such as yourself. It is very sad.
I've walked that ground at Gettysburg several times and, standing there looking at that field between Missionary and Cemetery Ridge.... it is very difficult to understand why Lee thought a frontal assault was the way to go. Longstreet clearly disagreed and wanted to move east, get in between the Union troops and Washington DC and force them to attack..... I dunno.....read The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. Maybe that will help you understand it. Shaara advances the position that Lee had so much confidence in his troops that he thought they could accomplish anything...and, quite frankly they had....the Confederacy produced utterly superb infantry...and very good cavalry as well....that confidence, coupled with his belief that a victory at Gettysburg would force the Union to sue for peace...caused him to order the attack. In retrospect, a catastrophe....but, you know what? It nearly worked....they actually breached the union lines and were only repulsed after reinforcements arrived. Originally Posted by timpage
Here is the information that you're missing. The largest (and loudest) artillery barrage up until that time occurred that day. Lee pounded the federal positions on Cementary Ridge for hours hoping to dislodge them. What Lee didn't know was that the fuses for his artillery shells had not been tested for time. Pennsylvania is not the same location (humidity and temperature) as the armory in South Carolina. The fuses burned too long and his barrage landed behind the federal positions and did little damage. Lee, knowing the difficulty, ordered Pickett to attack what he though would be a disorganized, shell shocked, line of infantry behind the stone wall. Lee made a mistake but Picketts Charge did arrive at the ridge but in such small numbers that they got pushed back quickly. Of course you can tell me what Lee had in mind at Gettysburg right because you don't quite have it right.
Makes sense Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Like someone already corrected Timmie, Grant was not normally drunk during the war. That is a folk tale invented by democrats in the 1868 election. Oh, he drank alright but like Winston Churchill said to the Lady Astor when she accused him of being drunk, "Yes, and you, Madam, are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober."
I would also add that many of those stupid commanders were behind the lines as well. The US Army had its own bureau of firearm design. If a design did not come from them then they didn't want to accept it. The Henry repeater was one such design. It was demonstrated to Lincoln in the Rose Garden who ordered 50,000 be purchased to outfit a fast, cavalry unit. The army drug it's feet until nearly the end of the war leaving it's troops to fight with improved cap and ball weapons (the trap door weapons). A weapon that can be fired 14 times from horse back without reloading would have made a great difference. Ironically, in 1876 Custer was still using the trap door rifles left over from the Civil War while many Sioux and Cheyenne had Henry repeaters sold by the army.
Trust me, AssupRidee, DEM. you don't want an IQ test instituted in this forum, unless you have completed your work here. Ijs. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Trust me? This from the author of the most ridiculous cut and paste sky is falling threads of all time!

BTW -- What is AssupRidee, DEM? I'm guessing it's validation for my request for an entrance exam.

You're all very welcome for me breaking the five post monologue by another of our weaker minded sorts...
Let me guess ... "And the Nigger Failed."

Movies were made in Hollywood by Jews. You really wanna use that as support?

still waiting for a response from Short Bus IFFYYYEIEIO regarding his "Go stab a Jesus comment."

I don't think the drooling retard even knows what he said, not that THAT would stop him.

we should institute a basic IQ test for ECCIE posters. Droolers like Simple Jack (and probably half the idiots on the right) would be relegated to Another Realm... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

► 2:26► 2:26
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWO-XnAwGrA
Nov 2, 2010 - Uploaded by NoaKolnoa
Seven Days in May 1964 - John Frankenheimer. ... From Here To Eternity- Barfight sceneby ...

This scene sums up things pretty well.
Here is the information that you're missing. The largest (and loudest) artillery barrage up until that time occurred that day. Lee pounded the federal positions on Cementary Ridge for hours hoping to dislodge them. What Lee didn't know was that the fuses for his artillery shells had not been tested for time. Pennsylvania is not the same location (humidity and temperature) as the armory in South Carolina. The fuses burned too long and his barrage landed behind the federal positions and did little damage. Lee, knowing the difficulty, ordered Pickett to attack what he though would be a disorganized, shell shocked, line of infantry behind the stone wall. Lee made a mistake but Picketts Charge did arrive at the ridge but in such small numbers that they got pushed back quickly. Of course you can tell me what Lee had in mind at Gettysburg right because you don't quite have it right. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Thanks Professor (or should I start calling you General? Or Admiral? ) I wasn't missing any information. Your little anecdote about the fuzes is cute and designed by you to show what I am certain you think appears to be a deep knowledge of the battle....in reality, it just shows you to be, as usual, a dunce.

There is a significant amount of disagreement about the effect of the artillery barrage but most historians agree that it did a considerable amount of damage to the center of the Union lines at the Bloody Angle....estimates vary but there is general agreement that around 200 Union soldiers were killed at that location during the bombardment.

There is very little disagreement on the fact that Lee knew what he was getting into and was not operating under the delusion that the artillery had significantly weakened the Union line. It is well-documented that Longstreet repeatedly advised Lee not to assault the position because it was impregnable. He begged Lee to let him move left, get in between the Army of the Potomac and Washington, DC and force the Union to attack them. Lee knew what was up there and he sent Pickett's division anyway. He simply thought that Confederate combat skills and elan would carry the day...as it had so many times before.
I would also add that many of those stupid commanders were behind the lines as well. The US Army had its own bureau of firearm design. If a design did not come from them then they didn't want to accept it. The Henry repeater was one such design. It was demonstrated to Lincoln in the Rose Garden who ordered 50,000 be purchased to outfit a fast, cavalry unit. The army drug it's feet until nearly the end of the war leaving it's troops to fight with improved cap and ball weapons (the trap door weapons). A weapon that can be fired 14 times from horse back without reloading would have made a great difference. Ironically, in 1876 Custer was still using the trap door rifles left over from the Civil War while many Sioux and Cheyenne had Henry repeaters sold by the army. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Good lord, another utterly ridiculous statement.

A weapon that can be fired 14 times from horseback without reloading would have made a great difference? Have you ever even fired a weapon? Ever try to fire a weapon from the back of a horse? Your ideas about marksmanship must all come from John Wayne movies. There's not 1 man in a 1,000 that could hit the broad side of a barn from the back of a horse. Especially in combat.
Are you aware that McPherson has written many books about the Civil War. He is considered to be the top academic on the subject followed very closely by Shelby Foote. Be warned, those books have a lot of pages and are difficult for someone such as yourself with a short attention span. From experience, I know that not every student knows that Grant beat Lee. There is a streak of stupidity out there that has been caused by parents such as yourself. It is very sad. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I'd leave my kids out of it if I were you.
  • WTF
  • 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Ever try to fire a weapon from the back of a horse? Your ideas about marksmanship must all come from John Wayne movies. There's not 1 man in a 1,000 that could hit the broad side of a barn from the back of a horse. Especially in combat. Originally Posted by timpage
JD got hit in the mouth 14 times in a row by this man on a horse!
Thanks Professor (or should I start calling you General? Or Admiral? ) I wasn't missing any information. Your little anecdote about the fuzes is cute and designed by you to show what I am certain you think appears to be a deep knowledge of the battle....in reality, it just shows you to be, as usual, a dunce.

There is a significant amount of disagreement about the effect of the artillery barrage but most historians agree that it did a considerable amount of damage to the center of the Union lines at the Bloody Angle....estimates vary but there is general agreement that around 200 Union soldiers were killed at that location during the bombardment.

There is very little disagreement on the fact that Lee knew what he was getting into and was not operating under the delusion that the artillery had significantly weakened the Union line. It is well-documented that Longstreet repeatedly advised Lee not to assault the position because it was impregnable. He begged Lee to let him move left, get in between the Army of the Potomac and Washington, DC and force the Union to attack them. Lee knew what was up there and he sent Pickett's division anyway. He simply thought that Confederate combat skills and elan would carry the day...as it had so many times before. Originally Posted by timpage
WRONG AGAIN horse ass breath

Custer agreed to stay, and McIntosh’s men deployed. Before long, a heavy dismounted engagement raged in the fields around the John Rummell farm. Stuart’s command took heavy casualties in this engagement, and he sent Chambliss’ brigade forward in a mounted charge. Gregg responded by sending the 7th Michigan Cavalry, with Custer leading them, forward in a mounted charge that stopped the Confederate assault dead in its tracks. The Southerners fell back, and Stuart ordered a mounted countercharge by the brigades of Brig. Gens. Fitzhugh Lee and Wade Hampton.

The Southern horsemen deployed into line of battle, slowly marching, the blades of their sabers glinting in the bright afternoon sun. They charged, headed straight for Union artillery blasting away at them. Gregg again ordered one of Custer’s units, the 1st Michigan Cavalry, to charge, and, with Custer at their head crying, “Come on you Wolverines!” their charge split the Confederate line in two. Units of McIntosh’s brigade and elements of the 5th, 6th and 7th Michigan Cavalry regiments joined in, attacking the flanks of Stuart’s charging lines, and the confused Confederates broke and fell back. Taking more heavy losses, Stuart abandoned his quest to reach the intersection of the Hanover and Low Dutch Roads. The fight for East Cavalry Field was over.

if Stuart had been able to attack the Union from the rear, the capital would be in Richmond VA

http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields...ittenberg.html
Cut and paste truck stop boy strikes again.
Cut and paste truck stop boy strikes again. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hey, Jesus Stabber... you think skerry and obumah will go thru with this?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

Inside Israel 5:13 AM 12/27/2013

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...2#.Ur4NjdJDvfJ

Report: Kerry Offers Pollard's Release to Israel
Kerry has offered Israel the release of Pollard as part of discussions about an upcoming release of terrorists.
AAFont Size
By Arutz Sheva North America
First Publish: 12/27/2013, 8:56 PM

United States Secretary of State John Kerry has offered Israel the release of Jonathan Pollard, Channel 10 News reported on Friday.

According to the report, Kerry’s offer was made as part of the discussions surrounding the upcoming planned release of 26 terrorists from Israeli jails as a “gesture” to Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud Abbas.

Kol Yisrael radio, which also reported about Kerry’s offer, said it relates to the fourth stage of the terrorist release and is conditional upon Israel agreeing to release Israeli Arabs who have committed acts of terrorism.

Israeli officials were quoted by both outlets as having said that they believe the idea has not been cleared with President Barack Obama and as such were doubtful that the offer would actually be implemented.

Pollard’s release has been tied in the past week with recent revelations by documents leaked by Edward Snowden that the United States conducted surveillance on Israeli leaders.

In recent days there have been calls by Israeli Knesset Members for the United States to free Pollard in the wake of these revelations, which said that American and British intelligence agencies tapped the communications of former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and former Defense Minister Ehud Barak, among other foreign leaders.

Channel 2 reported this week that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will officially demand the release of Pollard from the U.S.

The unconfirmed report said that Netanyahu will ask for Pollard's release in one of two frameworks: either for another exchange of more Arab terrorist prisoners, or as part of agreeing to the interim deal between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

Officials in the White House later said that Obama has no immediate plans to release Pollard and that he "stands behind what he said just before his visit to Israel.”

Before his visit to Israel last March, Obama said in an interview with Channel 2 that Pollard “has been serving his time. There is a justice system that allows for periodic review and the way I as president function here is to try and make sure that I am following the basic rules of that review.”

Obama said at the time he has "no plans for releasing Jonathan Pollard immediately but what I am going to be doing is to make sure that he is accorded the same kinds of review as others. I recognize the emotions involved in this. One of the strengths of the Israeli people is that you think about your people wherever they are.”

MKs from across the political spectrum attended a special Knesset session Wednesday in a public call on Obama for the release of Pollard.

(Arutz Sheva’s North American Desk is keeping you updated until the start of Shabbat in New York. The time posted automatically on all Arutz Sheva articles, however, is Israeli time.)
What the fuck are you talking about, Jesus stabber?

why would I worry about Israeli prisoner exchanges any more than anyone else? You must have me confused with someone who gives a fuck about neocon governments abroad.

You can't call me a Christ killer until Easter, you drooling heap of parrot droppings.