Where's Governor Gregg Abbott?

• WTF
  • 03-22-2020, 06:55 PM

ftw and Fascist DPST's have only name-calling and scatology - with no rationale or references/justifications. Originally Posted by oeb11
- Perhaps someday ftw might have something other than name-calling and scatology.
Originally Posted by oeb11
Are you calling posters fascist?
Who is ftw? Originally Posted by WTF
that would be you

Fuck you are a dense SOB.
  • oeb11
  • 03-22-2020, 06:59 PM
Are you calling posters fascist? Originally Posted by WTF

And - from an inveterate name-caller????
at the risk of disrupting the moronic name-calling feast...

I agree with Kinkster (look back about 20 posts, before the juvenile shit started), regarding the hot spots.. I agree with Tiny that travel from Texas to New York (or vice versa) should be halted. Abbot may not have that authority, but he should request it be done.

the Chinese cracked down on Wuhan early, we need to isolate our 3 hot spots as best we can.. don't treat every area the same, fight the problem where it flames.
The proper way to look at this is "Where do the Chinese go when they visit the US"?

Seattle, LA, SF, and NYC have large Chinese immigrant populations. and Chinese companies like Huawei. So a high percentage of Chinese citizens visiting the US for business or family reasons are going to visit those areas of the US. Likewise, Chinese immigrants and legal residents who visited China came from - and returned to - those same areas on the West Coast and the northeast.

Texas has a lot of immigration, but not as much from China as the West Coast and the northeast.

So, in January, before Trump began to impose travel restrictions on China, a lot of infected people came to the US from China and began infecting a higher percentage of people in LC, Seattle, SF and NY. If Trump hadn't closed the border when he did, things would be even worse. He got called a racist for doing that, but it was the right thing to do. I wish he had done it sooner.

Over time, the disease will spread everywhere in the US and the numbers will even out as Texas and other places catch up with the West Coast and NY. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210

so, sounds like the cities of LA, SF, NYC and Seattle need to be quarantined.
so, sounds like the cities of LA, SF, NYC and Seattle need to be quarantined. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
absolutely!

they are all on Lockdown, but travel needs to be eliminated between those cities and everyone else!
In principal I agree that the whole of the US shouldn't be treated the same. No state wide edicts when a city or county wide one will do.
In principal I agree that the whole of the US shouldn't be treated the same. No state wide edicts when a city or county wide one will do. Originally Posted by gnadfly
problem with it, though, is if Dallas makes a strong measure, and Fort Worth is weak.. too much co-mingling. same with Houston and its suburbs.

this would be a good time to have a house in the Country, away from city strife
problem with it, though, is if Dallas makes a strong measure, and Fort Worth is weak.. too much co-mingling. same with Houston and its suburbs.

this would be a good time to have a house in the Country, away from city strife Originally Posted by Chung Tran
That's why I said county, remember? It could be counties or cities.
That's why I said county, remember? It could be counties or cities. Originally Posted by gnadfly

easier to shut down a county than it is is to shut down a city.

you have control of the roads going thru the county.
That's why I said county, remember? It could be counties or cities. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I thought you meant to say Country.. I had no idea you knew what a County is

still, Tarrant and Dallas Counties need to act in tandem. same principle.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2020, 10:04 PM
I thought you meant to say Country.. I had no idea you knew what a County is

still, Tarrant and Dallas Counties need to act in tandem. same principle. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
CT, Do you have any special knowledge of Vietnam? Of all the countries that have a lot of contact with China it appears to be faring the best, only 100 cases and no deaths so far, but I wonder whether there's a lot of under reporting.
CT, Do you have any special knowledge of Vietnam? Of all the countries that have a lot of contact with China it appears to be faring the best, only 100 cases and no deaths so far, but I wonder whether there's a lot of under reporting. Originally Posted by Tiny
lots of under-reporting, barely any testing. Saigon and Hanoi, Haiphong are all very high risk. just did a face-time with relatives, but they live in the Boonies, away from any virus threat. they are fairly oblivious to the worldwide virus threat, but have heard about it, of course. not worried at all, because frankly, there are far more pressing concerns every day.
Are you calling posters fascist? Originally Posted by WTF
And - from an inveterate name-caller???? Originally Posted by oeb11
Why don’t yous answers his question oebsy, you waste of bandwidth?

Yous are the single most arrogant hypocrite on this board, and should confess your crimes against my people by explaining why yous lost your license to practice in Canada.

I’m guessing it had to do with events among one of the First Nations.

Malpractice?

We’re samples disappearing from the supply closet?

Or were you simply rejected for the failure and fraud that yous are?

No matter the reason, we are proud to be rid of you.

the Chinese cracked down on Wuhan early, we need to isolate our 3 hot spots as best we can.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Chan wants to turn this country into another China! Go figure.