Cruz comes to Kansas

Cute story but leaves out some important things; Kansas was a closed primary. Only republicans voted for Cruz over Trump. If Rubio stays in then the anti-Trump vote is split. Rubio won't drop any earlier than Florida if he drops then.
That thing you're grasping, it's called a straw. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Most of the Republicans in Kansas don't want Cruz (Isn't that how Cruz says it?)

2/3rds of the Democrats don't want HillariousNoMore.

Those are statistics based on Cruz's own analysis.
Based on the factually reported returns ... in Kansas.
Based on the factually reported returns ... in Kansas. Originally Posted by LexusLover
When they have a four way choice. Now take that down to a two way choice and Cruz wins over 50%. Face it, all he needs in a two way race is 2% from either Rubio or Kasich so I don't need a citation.
Based on the factually reported returns ... in Kansas. Originally Posted by LexusLover
LLIdiot, did you ever consider putting JDrunkenIdiot on your exclusive "PRETEND TO IGNORE" list?
When they have a four way choice. Now take that down to a two way choice and Cruz wins over 50%. Face it, all he needs in a two way race is 2% from either Rubio or Kasich so I don't need a citation. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Are you ignoring the part about: "based on Cruz's own analysis."

How many times have you heard him whine when Trump pulled in the 30's and he pulled in the 20's or 10's that 2/3 of the voters didn't want trump? The media has been chanting the same bullshit.

Apparently you and he "assume" all the other votes would go to Cruz.

Cruz can't have it both ways any more than anyone else. As far as I'm concerned. Of course, you can apply 2 standards if you wish. Just like Hillary can't assume all of Sanders's votes will go to her. Some folks may just stay home.
Cute story but leaves out some important things; Kansas was a closed primary. Only republicans voted for Cruz over Trump. If Rubio stays in then the anti-Trump vote is split. Rubio won't drop any earlier than Florida if he drops then. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...s-cruz-agenda/
That thing you're grasping, it's called a straw. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I thought you'd say it was called JUNK!
Are you ignoring the part about: "based on Cruz's own analysis."

How many times have you heard him whine when Trump pulled in the 30's and he pulled in the 20's or 10's that 2/3 of the voters didn't want trump? The media has been chanting the same bullshit.

Apparently you and he "assume" all the other votes would go to Cruz.

Cruz can't have it both ways any more than anyone else. As far as I'm concerned. Of course, you can apply 2 standards if you wish. Just like Hillary can't assume all of Sanders's votes will go to her. Some folks may just stay home. Originally Posted by LexusLover
All the votes???? Where did you get that? I wrote that Cruz would only need 2% of the votes to go over 50%. 2 lousy percent.
All the votes???? Where did you get that? I wrote that Cruz would only need 2% of the votes to go over 50%. 2 lousy percent. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
So "only" half the people voting in Kansas don't want him to be President.

According to Cruz.
I am surprised that you would try this. People were given a choice and they picked their candidate. If there was only one choice like in a general election then many more people would choose Trump, Cruz, or whoever the nominee is. You need to remember the senate race in Kansas a couple of years ago. An unknown nearly took out a long term incumbent in the primary and another unknown almost did the same in the general as a fake third party candidate.
I am surprised that you would try this. P

You need to remember the senate race in Kansas a couple of years ago. An unknown nearly took out a long term incumbent in the primary and another unknown almost did the same in the general as a fake third party candidate. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
'Try" what? Quoting Cruz back to himself? I heard Cruz popping off about how 70% of the voters in Texas didn't want Trump as President. I thought what he was saying is silly at best, and utter bullshit. Same applies to Kansas......even more since Cruz is from Texas where the only reason he won his Senate seat was a low turnout.

About 40 years a go an appellate judge I knew then was running for the Texas Supreme Court and a "Don Yarbrough" (a well known name in Texas politics) ran against him, and IMO most of the voters thought they were voting for the "real" Don Yarbrough and he won in the Dems primary! He was unseated, but it spoiled the election and foiled the judge's opportunity, who was an excellent appellate judge BTW).

The bottom line is for me: I don't give a shit who gets to beat Hillarious as long as the person beats her. None of them running look like two term material. The recent "food fight" and "slim sling" going on is disgusting and "disappointing" to say the least. Reminded me of this forum.