Blast from the past

Del Kids was an awesome greasy spoon. 6 egg omelettes, mounds of home fries and a half a pound of bacon. It was open 24/7. Gus was the cook. Miss that place. Off the Craftin exit on 79. Originally Posted by bambino
Damn - Del Kids was indeed awesome, especially late at night.
There’s still no Winkys in Wilmerding Originally Posted by flows-with-water
There used to be a Winky's in New Brighton. Purple seats and orange tables / counter tops.
There used to be a Winky's in New Brighton. Purple seats and orange tables / counter tops. Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
Used to be one in New Ken also. I really did like the big wink.
there were winkys in charleroi and uniontown in the early 70s early 80s , when i lived in those areas years ago always a late night breakfast after a night of partying , THEN the next morning OMG !!
There was a Winky's in Vandergrift too. Never been to one and my parents wouldnt take us because they thought their food tasted like crap. I just wanted to get the Star Wars Collector Glasses.
There was a Winky's in Vandergrift too. Never been to one and my parents wouldnt take us because they thought their food tasted like crap. I just wanted to get the Star Wars Collector Glasses. Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
I can't remember what the actual prize was, but there was a WQED contest where you had to go to Winky's to enter. That was the only time my dad took me there.
Flashback to some commercials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW5dE7t7IIw