Best Bar B Q ?

There are so many in Texas that are good and different that it is impossible to pick one that is "the best".

I agree with "my own" Originally Posted by governmentguru
Same here.

I have enjoyed so much BBQ in so many places that I couldn't begin to pick one that is so much better than the others.

I will say that the last time I sat down and said "Mmm, that's GOOD!" was a place on the Galveston seawall called "Capitol Q Bar B Que."

Take Broadway to 12th street, hang a right to the seawall. Take another right and there you go.
If by BBQ you mean brisket or house made sausage -- and this is a Texas based board -- this isn't even a serious discussion unless you're talking about the Central Texas classic BBQ joints. Louie Mueller's in Taylor; Smitty’s or Kruez Market, in Lockhart; Snow's in Lexington; Myer's in Elgin; Luling City Market, Luling; Cooper's in Llano, etc.

Personally, my money, as well as that of many others, is on Louie Mueller's. The recently deceased owner and head pitmaster there, Bobby Mueller, received a James Beard Award.
In Houston, Vergie's on Gessner, north of the ABS
If by BBQ you mean brisket or house made sausage -- and this is a Texas based board -- this isn't even a serious discussion unless you're talking about the Central Texas classic BBQ joints. Louie Mueller's in Taylor; Smitty’s or Kruez Market, in Lockhart; Snow's in Lexington; Myer's in Elgin; Luling City Market, Luling; Cooper's in Llano, etc.

Personally, my money, as well as that of many others, is on Louie Mueller's. The recently deceased owner and head pitmaster there, Bobby Mueller, received a James Beard Award. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
That man knows his BBQ. I especially agree with Louie Mueller's. Their bbq is as good as it gets!
Good list by TexTushHog. Add Franklin's BBQ in Austin to the list and its complete. Best briskets is either theirs of Snows. For ribs, I like Smittys's (pork) or Blacks (beef), both in Lockhart. Southside BBQ in Elgin is nice, too.
True that there is a lot of very good barbecue places in Texas my personal favorite is Otto's in Houston. Have not been there for ages but every time I ate there the food was great. I do have some wonderful memories of take-out from Dickey's in Richardson and the person I shared it with.
  • Laker
  • 01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Rons' Barn Coats NC, Whole Hog BBQ!!

http://ronsbarnbbqandseafood.com/Home.htm
Asking such a univerisal question like this requires going to a higher authority. For Texas "Q" the intelligensia is found here.....only one place gets his 6 star rating -Franklin Barbeque in Austin; followed by the not-so-lesser knowns of south central Texas getting 5 or lower...if you love bbq, bookmark this site.

And the quality of Q can vary greatly from day-to-day...it is the natural forces of nature that make great bbq. And top quality day-to-day consistency is a hard motherfucker to achieve.

http://www.fullcustomgospelbbq.com/

Tops on my list right now (in Dallas) are Pecan Lodge at Farmers Market, Mac's, Meshaks in Garland, and Backcountry BBQ.
the Texas monthly list of bbq joints was based on the research of Daniel Vaughn; the Barbeque Snob who runs fullcustomgospelbbq.com; he is a highly regarded bbq affectionado. Others rely on him as well inlcuidng D Magazine's list of their top bbq joints...Daniel is a serious expert in the world of heat, smoke and meat.
North Main BBQ - all you can eat for $12.00 and BYOB in Euless, Tx and Clark's Outpost in Tioga, Tx.
Mine Originally Posted by Charlie_Harper
North Main in Euless.... Originally Posted by DFWRaven
North Main BBQ - all you can eat for $12.00 and BYOB in Euless, Tx... Originally Posted by BigIron
+3

If you have never been, you need to go.

netman

PS: Now I want some BBQ for breakfast.
If you want great BBQ, come to Central Texas (Austin and surrounding cities).

I ate at Spring Creek BBQ in Dallas last month, and I was very "UNimpressed"