Religious Freedom and Private Property Rights

I don't like being accused of bigotry when their ample evidence to the contrary but by a New Yorker? That's low.

Reminds me of a fun story. North of St. Joseph, MO was a small farm owned by a middle aged couple. They had a family cemetary on the property. The federal government decided to build a by-pass around St. Joseph called I-229. They were building and building until they came to that farm. They decided to move the people with eminent domain but guess what? A Missouri law said that you can't force someone off their property with ED if there is a family graveyard on the site. For 27 years you could drive down K highway and see I-229 off in the distance in both directions. First the wife died and finally the husband died. The family members took a couple of years but finally sold the farm. Still, for 27 years the federal government was stymied.
You embody bigotry JDIdiot.

Most all of your threads are racially or ethnically motivated.

Must really suck to wake up pissed off every day.
  • Old-T
  • 03-01-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't like being accused of bigotry when their ample evidence to the contrary but by a New Yorker? That's low.

Reminds me of a fun story. North of St. Joseph, MO was a small farm owned by a middle aged couple. They had a family cemetary on the property. The federal government decided to build a by-pass around St. Joseph called I-229. They were building and building until they came to that farm. They decided to move the people with eminent domain but guess what? A Missouri law said that you can't force someone off their property with ED if there is a family graveyard on the site. For 27 years you could drive down K highway and see I-229 off in the distance in both directions. First the wife died and finally the husband died. The family members took a couple of years but finally sold the farm. Still, for 27 years the federal government was stymied. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Are you arguing that the 27 years was a good thing or a bad thing?
  • CJ7
  • 03-01-2014, 09:07 AM

Reminds me of a fun story. North of St. Joseph, MO was a small farm owned by a middle aged couple. They had a family cemetary on the property. The federal government decided to build a by-pass around St. Joseph called I-229. They were building and building until they came to that farm. They decided to move the people with eminent domain but guess what? A Missouri law said that you can't force someone off their property with ED if there is a family graveyard on the site. For 27 years you could drive down K highway and see I-229 off in the distance in both directions. First the wife died and finally the husband died. The family members took a couple of years but finally sold the farm. Still, for 27 years the federal government was stymied. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

THEIR ....

VERY GOOD EINSTEIN

you stupid bastard
All of this reminds me of the a quote from a VERY funny movie, "TheLoved One"

"There has to be a way to get those stiffs off my property"
Growing up I thought it was very funny that the federal government was stopped by this simple thing. I still find it amusing that the central planners didn't do their due diligence before beginning. They were so sure of their powers to seize property that they never thought it would be necessary.

Property rights!!!