Abby Peacock (Houston)=expensivedouble booker

The whole champagne and strawberries sounds like a Pretty Woman thing, and frankly strikes me as silly. As has already been noted the point of the hobby is that we are paying to bypass the usual wooing and impressing rituals. So for someone to request that, on top of $400 per hour, on top of a room at the Four Seasons, seems preposterous. Originally Posted by Cousin Dupree
And, if a GUY laid out that kinda spread, I suspect most smart providers' spidy sense would have been triggered causing her to suspect a guy was seeking something more than a hobby experience/fantasy.....

But what do I know.
This reminds me of when Rachel Reid nc/ns me when I got a room at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Fortunately for me, she made it up to me after getting ripped by the p community.
This reminds me of when Rachel Reid nc/ns me when I got a room at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Fortunately for me, she made it up to me after getting ripped by the p community. Originally Posted by surcher
There seems to be a pattern with a lot of providers who NS.NC.

After the alert, and they realize they have lost some biz, there is some BS apology post and a little makeup.

Most girls believe that we are puppy dogs and if they give us a slight discount or an extra 6 minutes that is enough to have us wagg'n our tails, write a great review and the bad behavior is gone.

Everybody screws up - but it shouldn't take an ALERT to get someone to do something to right the wrong.
great, I'll give her a call now. She must be offering discounted rates now.
I got 5.5 hours for 1.5.
I got 5.5 hours for 1.5. Originally Posted by surcher
Dang... but what do ya talk aboubt for the rest of the 5 hrs 15 minutes...

While some may see it as a waste there plenty that do not. To each his own. Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
Yup ... you're right... P.T. Barnum said there was one born every minute...

Were it not for imagination, sir, a man would be as happy in the arms of a chambermaid as a duchess…. Samuel Johnson
Dang... but what do ya talk aboubt for the rest of the 5 hrs 15 minutes...

Yup ... you're right... P.T. Barnum said there was one born every minute... Originally Posted by ThatManFromTexas
We had lunch then 3 hours bcd. I gave her 30 minutes of daty and let her do all making up to me! She wrote a review in the coed.

SUCKERS...at the Regis.
I'm not sure how this became an issue of HDHs vs. average-rate providers; the OP has clearly stated his preference and who are we to criticize? I for one completely understand his frustration. It seems the whole point behind scheduling with a HDH is the overall level of attention and professionalism you would receive. Do you buy a Bentley because it has 4 wheels and moves, or because of the level of service, attention to detail and all the side-show hoopla that goes with shopping for and driving a Bentley?

When someone advertises a Bentley, but delivers a Hyundai, you're not wrong for being upset. Especially when they don't even deliver the Hyundai, just have the concierge give you the finger...

However, there may be more to this story than is being told here.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=41931
I'm not sure how this became an issue of HDHs vs. average-rate providers; the OP has clearly stated his preference and who are we to criticize? I for one completely understand his frustration. It seems the whole point behind scheduling with a HDH is the overall level of attention and professionalism you would receive. Do you buy a Bentley because it has 4 wheels and moves, or because of the level of service, attention to detail and all the side-show hoopla that goes with shopping for and driving a Bentley?

When someone advertises a Bentley, but delivers a Hyundai, you're not wrong for being upset. Especially when they don't even deliver the Hyundai, just have the concierge give you the finger...
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
The voice of reason has spoke!
darn....so she had a change of heart after allowing you to drive from san antone and spend some good cash on 1000 count sheets? wtf....i could have had 3 or 4 bp providers with decent reviews. not to mention....the room alone would have given me the stamina to spend the other amount mentioned that you saved. stick to the ones under that amount unless you always stay at the finer hotels and order wine and strawberries.

judging by the pics.....she was not all that anyway. definitely no ashley dupree...

However, there may be more to this story than is being told here.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=41931 Originally Posted by enderwiggin
That's the trouble with buying things at a going out of business sale...sold as is ... no refunds or exchanges....
A providers reputation is key to her livelihood and it takes hard work and consistent service to build a great reputation... If I were Abby, I would have apologized to the guy... both to him personally and on this board. At least TRY to salvage the reputation that you've worked hard to establish. And make it up to him in a major way.... That means, travel to his city on your dime, pay for the hotel, and give him a reduced or complimentary session. Whether he accepts the make up session or not, at least reimburse him for his out of pocket costs and his trouble.

Running away from your responsibilities is not the way to conduct business once you reach a certain level. When a provider charges more per hour than some lawyers, she is really under pressure because she HAS to provide a stellar level of service (BCD and TCB) because her clients dont just want it, they require it from her. I think she should have made it up to him rather than "retire" and not clean up the mess she made. IMO
Tracy: I absolutely believe you would do EXACTLY what you just posted, because you are a class act.
no sure why people are digging at RP, if he wants to do a throw down at a 4-star, thats up to him, the issue is Ms. Peacock... who from another poster has decided to retire suddenly. like the poster says, I am sure there is more from the story.

May AP will show up as someone new, perhaps there was LE and she chose to relay the message. for now sorry that RP did not get what he expected or contracted for.