George Will column - What if Texas goes blue?

just wondering. this doesn't really explain why a number of texas cities like San Antonio & Houston & Dallas turned democrat from republican in recent years. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Because the Republicans moved out of town into the surrounding counties to get away from the decay created by the Democrats and their "entitlement" revoters.

It's rather elementary.

Austin is easy to explain. If it weren't for government jobs the place would be a rest stop between the border and DFW metro. "More government" = more jobs!

Oh, and S.A. is considered "South Texas" .... Houston is in "Southeast Texas" ....
There are 2.5 million Hispanic citizens in Texas that are not registered to vote. Their participation would change everything. Originally Posted by wildcharlie
Reminds me of the LBJ story ... something like this ...

LBJ was walking down the road past a cemetery in South Texas the day after an election and saw a little Hispanic boy sitting on the wall of the cemetery crying. He stopped and asked why he was crying and the little boy said his father was buried there. LBJ said he was sorry, and the little boy said yes, but he came to town to vote and didn't stop by and say hello to me!

How many of them are not qualified to vote and how many dead?
Does George Will know shit about Texas?

If pigs could fly, George Will wouldn't need a boarding pass.

He sure squeals like one. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I bet he knows where Clarksville is!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Speaking of Austin and being on the government tit ...

... look what crawled out of his pup tent.
  • DSK
  • 08-07-2016, 12:41 PM
I bet he knows where Clarksville is!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Then you should get him to tell you....
Then you should get him to tell you.... Originally Posted by DSK
George Will won't give him the time of day!

(To avoid admitting he doesn't know either!)

George Will probably knows little about the current S.A. mayor!

The OP probably ought to brush up on her also.

The "demographics" in the City of San Antonio doesn't support the typical Liberal agenda ... one day both sides will "get it" ...

.. transgender bathrooms, abortion, and no guns! ...

Sound "Hispanic" to anyone?
  • Old-T
  • 08-07-2016, 01:06 PM
The Republican party will either reinvent itself in the next 8, jettisoning the Thumpers and the neo-segrigationists or they will be as meaningful as Gary Johnson is today.

The necessary changes are not a secret. Demographics always wins (ask the Soviets). Quit being hostile to minorities and you will find many of them agree with many mainstream Republican ideas. But for now the venom and the Wackos chase them away.

Not that I expect most here are open brained enough to ever actually comprehend what Revenent and Jackie are telling you.
I listen and read him frequently ...

.... he even whines when he says something positive, which is rarely!

Trends? Personally, I think a two party system when the two parties are close to equal in strength and representation is healthy, it minimizes the whining fringes like Will and marginalizes their influence, if they actually have any.

McGovern and the liberal Democrats in the State pretty much cooked the Democratic Party in Texas. As the Democrats move farther to the left it becomes less likely they will recapture the State has a whole ... the strong hispanic vote is in South Texas ... and about all that does is assure local Hispanic politicians ( who do little for them) return to office.

When was the last time George Will visited South Texas and the Border? How about HillaryNoMore?

BTW: There is good reason the Border Patrol Association endorses Trump. Originally Posted by LexusLover
What utterly irrelevant bullshit.

Who cares whether or not G. Will visited the southern border. He probably didn't visit the Canadian border either. What's your point?

Trump probably never visited the southern border in his life before this election. How does he become an expert on it if he visits South Texas on a campaign tour? Are you really that daft?

Like Dilbert pointed out, all the big cities are turning blue. And it is NOT because Republicans (i.e., white people) are moving out. The population of all those cities are INCREASING and it is largely due to people moving in from other parts of the country (West Coast, Northeast) and immigrants (legal and illegal). And they are bringing their Democratic politics with them.

So, how do you see Texas staying red after this election?
Speaking of Austin and being on the government tit ...

... look what crawled out of his pup tent. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Was he buried AGAIN under another pile of homos ?
What utterly irrelevant bullshit. Originally Posted by Revenant
How long have you lived in Texas?

George Will....... sits at a desk like you and pontificates.

I suspect neither one of you have sat in Mi Terra's.
Texas will turn blue, it is only a matter of time and even state republicans know this
Like Dilbert pointed out, all the big cities are turning blue. And it is NOT because Republicans (i.e., white people) are moving out. The population of all those cities are INCREASING and it is largely due to people moving in from other parts of the country (West Coast, Northeast) and immigrants (legal and illegal). And they are bringing their Democratic politics with them. Originally Posted by Revenant
Really ... you think Harris County is turning "Democratic"?

The Bexar County Sheriff is a Republican and so is the District Clerk .... county wide elections, but the mayor of San Antonio is a registered Democrat (Black female) who beat out a liberal Democratic opponent .... John Cornyn's been trying to recruit her to run for Governor on the Republican ticket ...

You are the one full of shit ... along with George Will.

Stay in Dallas ... and suck eggs.
Texas will turn blue, it is only a matter of time and even state republicans know this Originally Posted by BigLouie
You mean in your lifetime? Or in the existence of Texas.
George Will is an erudited republican high end elitist critic who is very snooty.
George Will is an erudited republican high end elitist critic who is very snooty. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
aka Titty Baby!

Reminds me of a Harvard sign:

"Please Refrain from Walking on the Grass."

as opposed to the "human" .... version ....

Texas A&M: "Don't Walk on the Fucking Grass!"

I won't waste my time digging up old news, but Little George was boldly predicting Trump will never get the nomination ....

.... and he wants to stick his nose in Texas politics?

He's got to get it out of his ass first! Kinda like Reverent Dallas!

He calls this "bullshit"?

"McGovern and the liberal Democrats in the State pretty much cooked the Democratic Party in Texas. As the Democrats move farther to the left it becomes less likely they will recapture the State has a whole ... the strong hispanic vote is in South Texas ... and about all that does is assure local Hispanic politicians ( who do little for them) return to office."

Bexar County:
Anglo Republican Sheriff and Anglo Republican District Clerk!

Two county wide offices!!!!! in a county with probably 60% Hispanic.

Pretty fucking good guess:
http://www.census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/48029