MINIMUM WAGE HIKES FOR THEE BUT NOT FOR ME......

Ok you know what? Don't talk about rhetoric when you just spewed a whole lot of BS that you don't even realize is BS, because of course, you don't actually fact check anything, you just swallow whatever load of BS the DNC prepackages for you without the benefit of critical thinking.

Lets see, where do I start? Lets start with this - I have a TV that just gathers dust. I don't watch FOX News, I don't watch the O'Reilly Factor, and I don't tune into Limbaugh. I get my news and information from a very wide variety of sources. Ironically enough, the majority of the news stories I read are links on the Huffington Post. Pretty sure no one can hang a conservative label around their necks. So don't try the rhetoric or talking points angle with me. That dog don't hunt.

Lets move on. Yes, Roger Ailes does acknowledge that he created FOX News with the purpose of having a media outlet that provides a conservative perspective. That is just awful given that every other media outlet - CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, etc provides media content with a liberal bias. And it bothers you to have one media source with a conservative slant? I'm waiting with baited breath for your condemnation of MSNBC et al.'s liberal bias.

But now, lets talk about that bias shall we? Do you even know the difference between news reporting and political punditry? I'm not certain that you do. Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, O'Reilly, Limbaugh - these are pundits, not reporters. Do you know the difference?

So what do the experts have to say about which media outlet is furthest from center in news reporting? Note: I've shifted gears from discussing political punditry to actual news reporting, a distinction I realize you have difficulty making. I am betting you would be shocked and dismayed to learn that Pew Research Center consistently rates FOX News closer to center than all other news networks. The one and only difference being that FOX leans right of center, while all other media outlets - every. single. one. of. them. - lean left of center.

Pardon me, your hypocrisy is showing.

Why does the O'Reilly Factor earn more money than your so-called "regular" shows? Its all about the ratings. O'Reilly spanks his competitors in his time slot day after day, week after week. Just as the other shows on FOX - Hannity, Greta, and others - regularly spank their competitors in ratings.

And, just so we are clear here. Is this the sort of "regular" news shows that attempts to present news in a fairer manner?

Very important stuff here!

All the news that's fit to print! (err, mock) So tolerant! So professional!

Yup, more honesty from MSNBC!

To my dying day I will never stop laughing at the bimbo opining about "racial overtones". I love that clip! Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
+1

And don't forget Costello's remarks regarding what she considers to be the "best of the best" news!

Or when ABC's lead anchor, Charlie Gibson, was asked on WLS Radio's "Don & Roma Show" what he thought about the ACORN scandal:

Don: OK, here’s my question, Senate bill yesterday passes cutting off funds to this group called ACORN. Now we got the…we got that bill passing, we got the embarrassing video of ACORN staff giving tax advice on how to set up a brothel with 13 year old hookers. It has everything you could want corruption and sleazy action at tax funded organizations that’s got government ties. But nobody’s covering that story why?

Charlie Gibson: (laugh) I don’t even know about it. Uh, so you got me at a loss, I don’t know. Uh, uh, but, but, My goodness if it’s got everything including sleaziness in it we should talk about it this morning.

Roma: This is the American way…

Charlie Gibson: Well maybe, maybe that’s one you just leave to the cables.
Roma: Well I think that this is a huge issue because there’s so much funding that goes into this organization and it’s a multi…

Charlie Gibson: Well, I know we’ve done some stories about ACORN before but uh, uh, this one I don’t know about.

Roma: Jake Tapper did some blogging on it. I know he’s at least blogged once on this scandal.

Charlie Gibson: You guys, you guys are really up on the uh on the website. (transcript)
Lead anchor? He was on Good Morning America.
Lead anchor? He was on Good Morning America. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Chew on this, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

"[Charles] Gibson came to lead World News" (ABC).
You answer rhetoric... with more rhetoric. And the beat goes on. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Honestly, my writing tends to be a little too blunt to be properly classified as rhetoric. But thank you for the compliment.

Oh wait, you didn't realize you were complimenting me, did you?
  • shanm
  • 05-31-2015, 07:46 PM
I have not seen a single reliable study that successfully advocates a $15 minimum wage.

Raise it to $10.10 and index it to inflation, that is all!
  • DSK
  • 06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
I have not seen a single reliable study that successfully advocates a $15 minimum wage.

Raise it to $10.10 and index it to inflation, that is all! Originally Posted by shanm
OK - I'll accept that.
I have an idea. Let the market set the wage, and if someone wants to earn more, they can work harder or get some education. I know the idea of people taking personal responsibility for themselves offends many of you, but it will result in a stronger, smarter workforce. But I understand it is easier to gain votes by giving people stuff they haven't earned, but in the long run it makes for a weaker, less stable economy.
  • shanm
  • 06-01-2015, 01:13 PM
I have an idea. Let the market set the wage, and if someone wants to earn more, they can work harder or get some education. I know the idea of people taking personal responsibility for themselves offends many of you, but it will result in a stronger, smarter workforce. But I understand it is easier to gain votes by giving people stuff they haven't earned, but in the long run it makes for a weaker, less stable economy. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yes, let the market set the wage so that corporations can hire child labor and pay them 30 cents a day. That's what your "market" does in China you pathetic doddering fool.

No minimum wage means that people with no experience, no education just trying to start off their careers in retail or fast food could be earning less than $7.25/hr....that's practically a death sentence.
It also means that companies would much rather hire, for example, part-time students to do those jobs because they usually will accept a much lower wage. Like it or not, there are people who still support their families on minimum wage.

A capitalist market without boundaries is like condoning some of the worst crimes ever committed. There is no such thing as a "free-market" that works out in the best interest for everyone.
I have an idea. Let the market set the wage, and if someone wants to earn more, they can work harder or get some education. I know the idea of people taking personal responsibility for themselves offends many of you, but it will result in a stronger, smarter workforce. But I understand it is easier to gain votes by giving people stuff they haven't earned, but in the long run it makes for a weaker, less stable economy. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
This is what they did before the laws changed. The worker got screwed and people made pennies an hour. THAT offends me. Stronger, smarter, workforce? Bullshit. Only someone as stupid as you would complain that people earning minimum wage aren't deserving of it.
Yes, let the market set the wage so that corporations can hire child labor and pay them 30 cents a day. That's what your "market" does in China you pathetic doddering fool.

No minimum wage means that people with no experience, no education just trying to start off their careers in retail or fast food could be earning less than $7.25/hr....that's practically a death sentence.
It also means that companies would much rather hire, for example, part-time students to do those jobs because they usually will accept a much lower wage. Like it or not, there are people who still support their families on minimum wage.

A capitalist market without boundaries is like condoning some of the worst crimes ever committed. There is no such thing as a "free-market" that works out in the best interest for everyone. Originally Posted by shanm
This is what they did before the laws changed. The worker got screwed and people made pennies an hour. THAT offends me. Stronger, smarter, workforce? Bullshit. Only someone as stupid as you would complain that people earning minimum wage aren't deserving of it. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Great minds

Letting the free market set wage rates in regards to the lower skilled workers is bullshit. Capitalism reveals our worst traits as human beings.
  • DSK
  • 06-01-2015, 09:12 PM

A capitalist market without boundaries is like condoning some of the worst crimes ever committed. There is no such thing as a "free-market" that works out in the best interest for everyone. Originally Posted by shanm
Actually, the Chinese make about 1.70 per hour, and they have lower costs of living.
  • DSK
  • 06-01-2015, 09:14 PM
your stupid.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
NO, you're stupid!
NO, you're stupid! Originally Posted by DSK
NO, you're stupid! Originally Posted by DSK
Nice try JL, but I said it first....

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Yes fuckstick it applies to you also...
Actually, the Chinese make about 1.70 per hour, and they have lower costs of living. Originally Posted by DSK
GO live there then.